ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft nfl.com qb ratings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269096)

O.city 01-21-2013 09:23 PM

Allen is awful. Perpetual mediocrity is his ceiling.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340360)
He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340379)
He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340379)

He doesn't get as flustered when the play breaks down too

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340408)
I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

J Diddy 01-21-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9335325)
He was/is also 5'10".

Go and list the last guy that was under 6' that had a good career at QB in the NFL.

It doesn't happen.

Wilson has a ton of chutzpah, but if it wasn't for that wacky Pete Carroll, he'd be third string on 31 other teams.

Good for Pete and good for Wilson. I hope it opens the eyes of the coaches and managers in the NFL to give guys a shot.

But in the end, he's basically the QB equivilent of Zac Thomas. Just a freak who has surplus+ drive and determination to make it happen despite the lack of ideal size or whathaveyou.

Dude Brees is 6'0. Is that inch that big of a difference?

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340434)
No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

Brooks was also originally drafted by Green Bay.

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

Gravedigger 01-21-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340408)

Racism scale be off da chains homie!

Gravedigger 01-21-2013 11:42 PM

Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9340651)
Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340800)
I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

For all of the talk about the Genobators, some of you guys have SERIOUSLY fragile egos.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9340634)
Brooks was also originally drafted by Green Bay.

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

I don't agree.

Brooks would thread the needle on one play and overthrow by 15 yards the next.

His accuracy issues prevented him from ever being anything other than just good.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340810)
Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

BossChief 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340866)
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

What's sad is people comparing Geno to Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, Mike Vick and other quarterbacks that don't compare AT ALL to Geno Smith...just because they have the same skin pigment.

Rausch 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340866)
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time.

Not really.

Geno is by far the best prospect out there and KC is known nation wide for BBQ and fat white women...