ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

New World Order 04-27-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9636103)
nine games, am I right?

No

Rausch 04-27-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9636095)
How are they better than the 10 squad? Alex Smith will not have a 27/7 year like Cassel did. Hell, he has never even had a 20 td year.

He's got a ****ing boss line and he'll have every route in 20 yards.

Bowe will take a ****ing beating. Count on that.

This will run Bowe and Charles into the dirt.

By the time this staff realizes what they can't do the people that have "can do" will be furious...

New World Order 04-27-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636108)
He's got a ****ing boss line and he'll have every route in 20 yards.

Bowe will take a ****ing beating. Count on that.

This will run Bowe and Charles into the dirt.

By the time this staff realizes what they can't do the people that have "can do" will be furious...

We have a qb who wont be as good as Cassel was in 10, we don't have a good corner opposite of Flowers like we had with Carr and we have no WR to take pressure off Bowe.

Maybe this should be a thread?

Setsuna 04-27-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636091)
Dicks.

Lunch.

You do the math...

LMAO

Rausch 04-27-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9636113)
We have a qb who wont be as good as Cassel was in 10

No, he'll be much better. His flaws aside he'll be....well, pretty much DeBerg without the toughness.

Quote:

we don't have a good corner opposite of Flowers like we had with Carr

That's a 50/50 deal.

Smith has some huge upside but he needs serious coaching. In Miami he looked a lot like Bartee (all the talent but no ball awareness or ability to make the play.)

Quote:

and we have no WR to take pressure off Bowe.

You got me there.

Adding another slot WR and drafting nothing does jack $3it for our passing game.

We have 43 slot WR's and no legit no 2...

xztop123 04-27-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9635986)
There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.

interesting spin on it

splatbass 04-27-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9635986)
There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.

Well said. I agree.

beach tribe 04-27-2013 08:44 AM

I was just about to post about how,this draft has proven that there were probably multiple suitors for Smith.

spanky 52 04-27-2013 08:51 AM

Believe I read somewhere on CP a while back that Buffalo had offered a third for Smith, hence we offered our second.

Bugeater 04-27-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9636517)
Believe I read somewhere on CP a while back that Buffalo had offered a third for Smith, hence we offered our second.

Then we should've just offered our 3rd which would've been a higher pick. If that's true then we all are smarter than Dorsey/Reid.

L.A. Chieffan 04-27-2013 09:00 AM

guys with a combined nfl experience of like seventy years are no match for the super powers of cp posters

RealSNR 04-27-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9636550)
guys with a combined nfl experience of like seventy years are no match for the super powers of cp posters

Guys with combined NFL experience of 70 years shouldn't have pissed away a 2nd rounder in this particular draft class on Alex Smith

L.A. Chieffan 04-27-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9636563)
Guys with combined NFL experience of 70 years shouldn't have pissed away a 2nd rounder in this particular draft class on Alex Smith

that's just life your opinion man. ten bucks says Alex Smith has a better season than any qb from this class.

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:13 AM

you guys are so smart you spent 5 months and 100,000 posts on Geno Smith going #1 and he didn't even go in the 1st round

so much smarter than Dorsey and Andy Reid

RealSNR 04-27-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9636579)
that's just life your opinion man. ten bucks says Alex Smith has a better season than any qb from this class.

Season? Definitely. Most of them won't be starting a single game.

Career? Doubtful. One of these guys is going to be successful.