ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

blaise 08-23-2013 02:29 PM

How hard could it be? Half the time Batman runs around. And 25% of the time he just sort of mumbles and mopes. Just depends on his good the script and direction is.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9908816)
I just can't see Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Just cannot see it in any way. That's just not the type of actor that I would think represented that type of character. He's just not the mean tough guy type that the character needs. Just feels too much like they forced the actor onto the character with no regard to trying to "Fit" the character.

I like Affleck, always have. Never got the hatred on him. Even Gigli was only boring and mildly unfocused.

But he has a body language that is the antithesis of Batman/Bruce Wayne. A percolating uncertainty that's perfect for an overachieving outsider. There's a set to his jaw that says 'someone is going to find me out any moment now.'

Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to exude privilege and omnipresence.

Then there's this ;)

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...actions-07.jpg

cabletech94 08-23-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908885)
I like Affleck, always have. Never got the hatred on him. Even Gigli was only boring and mildly unfocused.

But he has a body language that is the antithesis of Batman/Bruce Wayne. A percolating uncertainty that's perfect for an overachieving outsider. There's a set to his jaw that says 'someone is going to find me out any moment now.'

Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to exude privilege and omnipresence.

Then there's this ;)

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...actions-07.jpg

kippendorf's tribe!!!!! and mr. somethingorothersopus!!!!!! LMAO

dirk digler 08-23-2013 02:50 PM

I will probably will never watch another Batman movie because I don't think they will anyway compare to how great the last 3 were with Nolan and Bale. And Ledger's performance was IMO was legendary.

Molitoth 08-23-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908829)
Part of being a great actor is making people forget that they're not watching the real life person but a character. Heath Ledger wasn't Heath Ledger in his role: He was The Joker. Heath Ledger disappeared. Very few actors have that ability.

This same kind of crazyness hit the interwebz when they announced Heath ledger was going to be the Joker. All the fanbois got SO ANGRY.

I told people to go watch "Lords of Dogtown" and tell me Heath Ledger can't step into a character. I was right.

Ben A in a Batman costume isn't going to be terrible... it's just that the Batman Nolan trilogy just got wrapped up, and now they are doing this already.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9908861)
Doesn't have the presence of Eastwood, or the chops of Bale. He's fine when he isn't having to carry the whole thing.

He may not have the leading man appeal of Eastwood but he's just as a good, if not better, in the director's chair and a great screenwriter and story teller.

I don't understand Bale's appeal. He was great in The Mechanic and Rescue Dawn and everything else is just "okay".

I think JGL was far more mesmerizing and interesting in TDKR.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 02:57 PM

Has there ever been such an early backlash that they scrapped who was going to play a certain part?

dirk digler 08-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9908918)

Ben A in a Batman costume isn't going to be terrible... it's just that the Batman Nolan trilogy just got wrapped up, and now they are doing this already.

This too. It appears Hollywood is out of ideas so they keep shoveling out the same shit. There will probably be 100 Transformers movies come out before I am dead.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9908938)
This too. It appears Hollywood is out of ideas so they keep shoveling out the same shit. There will probably be 100 Transformers movies come out before I am dead.

Good grief. Do you realize that in 2013, sequels have brought in far more money than original movies?

No one has "run out of ideas". Studios cater to the public. Period.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9908936)
Has there ever been such an early backlash that they scrapped who was going to play a certain part?

No. And Affleck's already started an intense training regime in order to beef up for the role.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908945)
No. And Affleck's already started an intense training regime in order to beef up for the role.

**** me in the ass!

007 08-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

jennifer will kick his ass.

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Sooooo, did you really write a Sci Fy movie?

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908934)
He may not have the leading man appeal of Eastwood but he's just as a good, if not better, in the director's chair and a great screenwriter and story teller.

I don't understand Bale's appeal. He was great in The Mechanic and Rescue Dawn and everything else is just "okay".

I think JGL was far more mesmerizing and interesting in TDKR.

The overall movie made those films good, not Bale. He didn't really hurt it, but they were good simply because of him.

BWillie 08-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9908814)
I'd say the town and the departed are pretty close

Absolutely not. The Town was good, I just love The Departed so much. Departed is a Top 10 movie of all time for me. JIMHO though