ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music KISS cancels their performance at Rock N Roll HOF induction over lineup dispute (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281722)

patteeu 02-25-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 10453435)
I guess if you like listening to SHIT like Cryin, Amazing, I don't wanna miss a thing and Love in an elevator. Not for me. Never really liked Aerosmith. Even their old stuff like Back in the Saddle or Dream On i didn't care for.

The only decent song IMO was Sweet Emotion and even that got played the **** out.

I liked them OK back in the 70s, but at this point, I'm with you.

MTG#10 02-25-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10453199)
You're a moron. Sorry.

Using that lame cliche makes you look like one. Sorry.

Seriously how the hell do you know what would have happened had there never been a Kiss? It doesn't take a genius to think up a gimmick like painting your faces to gain distinction.

GloucesterChief 02-25-2014 07:12 PM

KISS certainly influenced a lot of Glam Metal bands, Pantera, Weezer, Iced Earth, and others.

The thrash metal sound of the early and mid 80s was a blend of punk and the new wave of British heavy metal. Basically, the bands liked the attitude of punk but actually wanted to play their instruments well.

Brock 02-25-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10453472)

Seriously how the hell do you know what would have happened had there never been a Kiss? It doesn't take a genius to think up a gimmick like painting your faces to gain distinction.

They just stole it from alice cooper.

MTG#10 02-25-2014 07:26 PM

I'm not saying modern bands aren't influenced, I'm saying it's absurd to say there would have never been a band like Slipknot if Kiss never existed, or metal would have never existed if it weren't for Black Sabbath. They're pioneers but someone else would have come along had they never hit it big.

MeatRock 02-25-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10453519)
KISS certainly influenced a lot of Glam Metal bands, Pantera, Weezer, Iced Earth, and others.

The thrash metal sound of the early and mid 80s was a blend of punk and the new wave of British heavy metal. Basically, the bands liked the attitude of punk but actually wanted to play their instruments well.

You are talking about Pantera before Anselmo joined when they were glam. Nobody remembers Metal Magic, Projects In the Jungle or Power Metal. Pantera truly became the groove metal band during Cowboys that everyone knows about. Pantera evolved and was later influenced more by Anthrax and Metallica among others.

Brock 02-25-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10453542)
I'm not saying modern bands aren't influenced, I'm saying it's absurd to say there would have never been a band like Slipknot if Kiss never existed, or metal would have never existed if it weren't for Black Sabbath. They're pioneers but someone else would have come along had they never hit it big.

All true. But a band like sabbath developed a lot of their sound accidentally, so who knows how long it would have taken for someone else to do it.

MeatRock 02-25-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10453519)

Dimebag was a true KISS lover though.

GloucesterChief 02-25-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10453522)

Actually, they stole it from Arthur Brown.

That is probably where Alice Cooper got it from as well.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 02-26-2014 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 10453435)
I guess if you like listening to SHIT like Cryin, Amazing, I don't wanna miss a thing and Love in an elevator.

:bravo:

crazycoffey 02-26-2014 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10454059)
Actually, they stole it from Arthur Brown.

That is probably where Alice Cooper got it from as well.

Charlie Chaplin

htismaqe 02-26-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10453522)

Who got it from Arthur Brown, as Gloucester said.

htismaqe 02-26-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10453472)

It's not a lame cliche when the BANDS THEMSELVES say it.

Lars Ulrich says there wouldn't be a Metallica without Diamond Head. And Brian Tatler says there wouldn't be a Diamond Head without Black Sabbath.

So are you going to say that your favorite musicians are lame too?

It's called historical context. Of course, somebody else COULD have come up with it. But somebody else didn't, KISS DID.

And if you talk to musicians, they'll tell you.

Stop acting like you're better than everybody else, it makes you look dumb.

MTG#10 02-26-2014 09:08 AM

:facepalm:

Im not acting like Im better than anyone.

Maybe specific bands would sound differently had they not been influenced but metal would have come along eventually without Sabbath, and bands would have painted their faces/wore masks eventually without Kiss. If you dont think so you're very naive.

htismaqe 02-26-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10454476)
:facepalm:

Im not acting like Im better than anyone.

Maybe specific bands would sound differently had they not been influenced but metal would have come along eventually without Sabbath, and bands would have painted their faces/wore masks eventually without Kiss. If you dont think so you're very naive.

It doesn't matter if I think so or not. The simple fact is Sabbath did happen, and pretty much every metal band that has come along since has cited them as a influence. That's a fact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.