ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284130)

saphojunkie 06-04-2014 03:21 PM

I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.

Chief Roundup 06-04-2014 03:21 PM

We can pay Alex Smith, or we can franchise tag him for around 18 mil just for next year or we can draft a QB to keep a lower cap number for that position or go battle with Daniel, Murray or Bray.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10670421)
I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.

I'll be there to see it if he does.

Chief Roundup 06-04-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10670387)
He wins games and keeps his team competitive. ultimately that matters more than stats.

Outside of a Manning or Brady, who are they going to get who can perform better?
Posted via Mobile Device

By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.

ChiefsCountry 06-04-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670420)
When he has to become a pocket passer he sucks balls, this was a terrible deal, sorry. As soon as Gore is done he's going to look foolish out there.

They got Hyde and Lattimore waiting in the wings. 49ers are fine.

Pepe Silvia 06-04-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10670427)
They got Hyde and Lattimore waiting in the wings. 49ers are fine.

They're not going to be as good as Gore though, he's on another level.

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10670425)

Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670428)

Gore is pretty much used up and Hyde will be a better HB. I really like Hyde's upside in that offense...

OnTheWarpath15 06-04-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

If Alex was 24 years old with the potential to be a superstar, I doubt anyone would have issues paying him.

But because Alex is 30 years old and has never once shown that he can play at a high level consistently over his 8? year career - people do have issues.

Deberg_1990 06-04-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

If that's the going rate for decent to above average QBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool 06-04-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10670428)

They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670434)
Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.

And the other side of the coin are teams that refuse to do so and draft QB's late in the 1st or 2nd and save that money.

If Jay Cutler had played for the Jets, Bills, or Seahawks would they have won more games or been better off?

Seattle won it all with a 2nd year QB and the Jets & Bills wouldn't have made the playoffs with a Cutler anyway...

Rausch 06-04-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10670441)
They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.

I think Justin Smith is on his way out...

007 06-04-2014 03:33 PM

Is this anything like the $60 mill guarantee for McNabb in Washington that turned out to NOT be guaranteed?

Just Passin' By 06-04-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10670405)
I think he's saying it should be considered a 6 year deal since the seventh year (this year) was already under contract.

However, it would come down to whether the signing bonus can be amortized over all seven years he is under contract or only over the 6 year life of the extension.

Now... why the **** this is even worth discussing I couldn't begin to tell you. It's just arguing for arguments' sake. Shit is just semantics.

Jakemail is trying to make the contract more palatable by pretending it's a 7 year deal. He seems to need that crutch.