ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315704)

Dunerdr 06-07-2018 05:03 PM

mostly you appreciate dad jokes more.

TribalElder 06-07-2018 05:19 PM

Start teaching the kid golf at a very young age. Tiger woods money plus college scholarships etc etc.

stevieray 06-07-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13585089)
this is all very true, and i should know. mine are 21, 17, 13, and 5

36, 25, 22 & 5

pugsnotdrugs19 06-07-2018 07:05 PM

Thank you!

ChiefsCountry 06-07-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13585007)
Congratulations! I hope you've learned enough from this site that you'll send the kid to long snapping camp every year and invest all you can in developing his (or her) long snapping skills.

I would say how to learn pitch left handed and be a left handed relief pitcher in baseball would be better.

SAUTO 06-07-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13585615)
I would say how to learn pitch left handed and be a left handed relief pitcher in baseball would be better.

Im telling mine to learn how to long snap. That's the
life

BWillie 06-07-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13585420)
Dude, you're gonna look back one day with huge regrets. I felt the same way in my 20's . Busy working and just not interested in a family. Then at 36 we had my daughter and life, priorities all changed. My daughter became everything. From teaching her to walk to now teaching her to drive. it's a great ride.

I'm a huge selfish son of a bitch tho.

lewdog 06-07-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13585615)

I’ve been tying my son’s right hand behind his back for months already. I started when he was a month old.

BWillie 06-07-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13585512)
He's obviously a self absorbed dumbass

I agree with Tom Segura's thoughts on kids. And he even went and had one.

"Can we please stop, collectively, as a society, stop pushing the myth that having a baby is a selfless act? I hear people say that shit. “It’s the most selfless thing that you’ll ever do.” No, it’s not. It’s not selfless. It’s selfish. Necessary, but selfish. Why? You fall in love with a miniature version of you. What’s more selfish than that? You’re like, “This is awesome. It looks just ****in’ like me. I’ve never loved anything more in my entire life. My favorite parts of you are the parts that look like me. Some parts look like you. Those parts are all right, but… the parts that look like me are amazing. I would do anything for you, mostly because I feel like I’m doing it for myself. You’re the best, new fresh me.” That’s what you’re doing. You’re populating the world with more of you. You’re saying, “I’m fantastic. -Here’s another one of me.”
Do we really need that many more of you? Yeah? I mean, do we? I mean, Martin Luther King Jr. had four. I get it. He should’ve had ten. But you? All excited about, “Crab legs are on sale at Costco on Sunday, y’all.”I think we’re all good on you. I think maybe you should stop.

lewdog 06-08-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13584987)
The number of women who live with their boyfriend/baby daddy and who DONT want marriage is approximately zero.

He doesn’t want to marry her.

He made crazy money on them Bitcoinz and he ain’t sharing!

scho63 06-08-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13585646)
I’ve been tying my son’s right hand behind his back for months already. I started when he was a month old.

You trying to prevent him from learning how to masturbate? :hmmm:

Shame on you Bad Daddy! ROFL

38yrsfan 06-08-2018 11:49 AM

Lots of good points.

My personal favorites are

Kneel and speak at their level if you want understanding instead of blind obedience. The kids can sit on your knee and you get lots more hugs also!

Communicate first before resorting to physical discipline. Use clear judgement so if angry, calm down. Utilize time punishments preferably, standing in a corner, etc. Never swat on the rear more than once.

If a method is ineffective, discard it.. Have patience and enjoy the best adventure of your life! You will make mistakes but learn and move.

Show affection.

Strongside 01-31-2019 10:22 PM

Well, fellas. We are now T-minus 10 days out.

since this post was made we’ve found out we’re expecting a baby boy. A future diehard Chiefs fan. Hopefully he gets his dad’s athleticism and his mom’s left-handedness (MLB here we come).

In all seriousness, we can’t wait to meet this little guy. My mom is incredibly sentimental and never gets rid of anything, so he’s going home in the same outfit his dad did 34 years ago.

Any last pieces of advice?

htismaqe 01-31-2019 10:27 PM

Make sure to enjoy it.

It's going to be stressful for the next 18 years, from not sleeping through the night, to changing diapers, to learning to walk, learning to read, going to school, carting him to tee ball and then little league, going out with his friends, dating...

Make sure you don't ever let the stress overshadow the good stuff. Having kids is special. There's nothing else like it.

Braincase 01-31-2019 10:44 PM

Wishing you and your SO all the best. I hope you have a happy, healthy child that can play DT.