ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

BlackOp 09-29-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13772935)
If he had the surgery in August, he probably would have missed most or all of this season because they have to alter/sever the achilles to get to it...

That's my guess too...so they started this whole "week to week" spiel.

They are hoping he can play through it at some point...maybe at least get a game or two for $14 million.

It would make CHunt look like a dope if the contract, he brokered against his GM's wishes, resulted in the player missing 31 games immediately following the signing.

srvy 09-29-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13772914)
Wrong.

The HIPAA privacy rules only apply to “covered entities.” Under HIPAA, a covered entity is either a health plan, health care clearinghouse or a self-insured health care provider.

The NFL is not a “covered entity” in terms of HIPAA.

All Berry has to do is carry personal insurance other than NFL provided and he falls under HIPAA or even his own surgeon.

JPP has an ongoing lawsuit with Adam Shefter for disclosing that his fingers had been amputated. The NFL fines teams all the time for not following HIPPA.

FAX 09-29-2018 03:58 PM

You can correct this endoscopically.

Which makes one wonder why they didn't do that weeks ago.

FAX

FloridaMan88 09-29-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13772948)
All Berry has to do is carry personal insurance other than NFL provided and he falls under HIPAA or even his own surgeon.

JPP has an ongoing lawsuit with Adam Shefter for disclosing that his fingers had been amputated. The NFL fines teams all the time for not following HIPPA.

Adam Schefter obtained and released JPP’s medical records from his health care provider, which is covered under HIPAA.

That is a different situation than an NFL team/coach providing a status update on an injured player.

ct 09-29-2018 04:03 PM

it's a bone spur

all this he may retire already bullshit, cmon man

he either deals with the pain management and whatever increased risk of tearing again, or they buzz it off and he's down for a couple months (cant speak to the 6 month on NIH website, that really sounds like normal humans not comic book heroes)

he hasnt done surgery yet, my guess they've already decided no or not now, maybe after season, and they just hold him til they feel he can get in there and power thru the end of the year with pain mgmt. 2nd qtr? mid season?

Sassy Squatch 09-29-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 13772959)
it's a bone spur

all this he may retire already bullshit, cmon man

he either deals with the pain management and whatever increased risk of tearing again, or they buzz it off and he's down for a couple months (cant speak to the 6 month on NIH website, that really sounds like normal humans not comic book heroes)

he hasnt done surgery yet, my guess they've already decided no or not now, maybe after season, and they just hold him til they feel he can get in there and power thru the end of the year with pain mgmt. 2nd qtr? mid season?

Why the **** wouldn't you just go ahead and do the surgery as soon as possible? Now he's going to be playing in a constant state of pain when the flipside is he might almost be recovered right now from the surgery if he has it at the beginning of August.

BlackOp 09-29-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13772961)
Why the **** wouldn't you just go ahead and do the surgery as soon as possible? Now he's going to be playing in a constant state of pain when the flipside is he might almost be recovered right now from the surgery if he has it at the beginning of August.

My guess is the actual recovery time is longer than a few months...so they are rolling the dice.

cabletech94 09-29-2018 04:08 PM

I have pain everyday. I play through it. But I don’t play the foozeball. Hurry home, EB! We need you!!

chinaski 09-29-2018 04:12 PM

https://850music.files.wordpress.com...06/haglund.jpg

thegame214 09-29-2018 04:13 PM

Ugh I just read they're reaching an injury settlement on twitter from a bullshit poster but who knows. Blah.

Easy 6 09-29-2018 04:16 PM

Whether it was this, or something else, we all pretty much knew in the back of our minds that Berry may well never be the same again... we'll be lucky to get 4-5 games out of him

He'll play a game, then need a week off because of the pain or something... Veach has to start approaching this as if Berry will never play again

BRING ME THE HEAD OF EARL THOMAS

FAX 09-29-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13772979)
Whether it was this, or something else, we all pretty much knew in the back of our minds that Berry may well never be the same again... we'll be lucky to get 4-5 games out of him

He'll play a game, then need a week off because of the pain or something... Veach has to start approaching this as if Berry will never play again

BRING ME THE HEAD OF EARL THOMAS

That may require The Dance Of The Seven Veils, Mr. Easy 6.

Sure you're up to it?

FAX

RunKC 09-29-2018 04:19 PM

Read the tea leaves:

-Chiefs obviously knew about this for weeks.
-Pretty clear that Berry so far doesn’t want/need surgery.
-getting better every week=inflammation is slowly going down.

I think he’ll play around mid season. Early November

Easy 6 09-29-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13772984)
That may require The Dance Of The Seven Veils, Mr. Easy 6.

Sure you're up to it?

FAX

Whatever it takes, baby... I can cut a rug with the best of them!

Mecca 09-29-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13772961)

Because for an athlete that relies on speed and quickness the idea that he would possibly have to have his achilles detached during that surgery...

If he has 2 surgically repaired achilles that may be it for him so he probably is doing everything he can to avoid that scenario.