ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Thoughts about Tesla vehicles? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318132)

threebag 05-18-2019 12:51 PM

Last night I was driving home from granddaughters softball games. I started thinking about looking into a Tesla.

neech 05-18-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13809843)
How wonderful!

A battery that doesn't want to explode.

Thank you science.

FAX

Murphy's law Fax,

Megatron96 05-18-2019 01:25 PM

Tesla is going to die a relatively short, ignominious death, probably in less than ten years. Due entirely on the ridiculously inefficient method Tesla is using to manufacture their vehicles. Once the Japanese/Korean car makers go full dipstick on Ecars, Tesla will be left in the weeds.

Ecars, on the other hand, are probably here to stay. Unless fuel cell tech becomes widely available in the near future.

BWillie 05-18-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14274499)
Tesla is going to die a relatively short, ignominious death, probably in less than ten years. Due entirely on the ridiculously inefficient method Tesla is using to manufacture their vehicles. Once the Japanese/Korean car makers go full dipstick on Ecars, Tesla will be left in the weeds.

Ecars, on the other hand, are probably here to stay. Unless fuel cell tech becomes widely available in the near future.

That would be great. Because then it might make my car a long lasting classic vehicle that will start to appreciate in price.

I don't like Tesla because they might fail or might not be profitable. I like them because they make a great quality and safe product. I don't even give a shit about helping the environment one way or another, either.

DaFace 05-18-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14274499)

Eh, worst case for Tesla is another company buys them out. Their tech (both autopilot and batteries) is way too good to just get wiped off the face of the planet.

Stewie 05-18-2019 02:55 PM

Tesla just announced a draconian cost-cutting business model. We'll see where this goes.

Buehler445 05-18-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14274545)
Eh, worst case for Tesla is another company buys them out. Their tech (both autopilot and batteries) is way too good to just get wiped off the face of the planet.

The truth.

This man speaks it.

Their autopilot stuff is really fascinating. (From the outside)

notorious 05-18-2019 06:59 PM

Can’t wait until they make a 2500/3500 full electric pickup.

The torque and braking from the electric drive will be amazing for hauling.

Buehler445 05-18-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14274784)
Can’t wait until they make a 2500/3500 full electric pickup.

The torque and braking from the electric drive will be amazing for hauling.

Wait until you see the price tag.

DaFace 05-18-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14274786)

Yeah, that's really the crux of the issue still. All these cars are nice, but 90% of people can't afford them. My Leaf is about as cheap as they come for EVs right now, though some of the new entrants may change that. I'm guessing the first EV trucks are gonna be insanely pricey for what they are, though trucks in general are priced crazy from my perspective.

If we can get someone to offer these things at a price normal people can afford, it's gonna spread like wildfire.

notorious 05-18-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14274786)

Can they get more expensive?

Perineum Ripper 05-18-2019 07:43 PM

A company called Rivian(spl?) is making an electric truck. Looks weird but has some cool tech, if they call actually make it work.

penguinz 05-18-2019 07:57 PM

Musk is a shit human being.

Munson 05-18-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14274815)
A company called Rivian(spl?) is making an electric truck. Looks weird but has some cool tech, if they call actually make it work.

I was watching a Rivian video earlier today about their truck and SUV.

I love the looks, and wouldn't mind owning either one, but both will cost over $60K each before adding any options.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QMfxJEfb4lw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 05-18-2019 08:30 PM

Looks like a glorified electric Avalanche.

Fail. I need a real pickup. One that hauls shit and pulls shit, not brags about trunk space.