ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS GAME MOVED TO LA! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318847)

Rain Man 11-13-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13890207)
And the events coordinators for that stadium had better be prepared for an unholy ass-kicking.

Seriously - how in the actual **** do you let that happen? 'First come, first serve' isn't exactly a viable business plan when you have a contractual obligation to an international, billion dollar property like the NFL.

The NFL can/should sue the **** out of some people over it. This is remarkably bush league.

It's almost as if the NFL was dealing with a third world country or something.

But yeah, this is going to have repercussions. Mexico just lost a lot of prestige and they're not going to be happy about it, both with their own folks and the NFL.

As a random musing, I wonder how much of this has to do with the fact that it's a game between two 9-1 teams on Monday Night Football. This is possibly the marquis game of the regular season for the NFL, and they want it to look good. Would they have moved the game if it had been between two 3-7 teams?

chinaski 11-13-2018 04:14 PM

Weather will be in the 60's-70's, Onshore Sea Breeze. That could potentially kick up a lot of fire ash into the LA Basin and Valley's, have to take that day to day

Rain Man 11-13-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13890267)
LMAO ****ing Trump

Maybe this is all a cover story, and Mexico is retaliating for Trump's new tariffs on soccer imports to the U.S.

Kiimo 11-13-2018 04:15 PM

I think star players insisting that a union rep go down there an inspect the field wasn't going very well.

The NFL cut their losses and took the L before it grew into a bigger debacle. For ONCE.

Iowanian 11-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13890158)
What about those that already paid for flights and hotels in MC?

I feel bad for all of those people.

T-post Tom 11-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13890276)
It's almost as if the NFL was dealing with a third world country or something.

But yeah, this is going to have repercussions. Mexico just lost a lot of prestige and they're not going to be happy about it, both with their own folks and the NFL.

As a random musing, I wonder how much of this has to do with the fact that it's a game between two 9-1 teams on Monday Night Football. This is possibly the marquis game of the regular season for the NFL, and they want it to look good. Would they have moved the game if it had been between two 3-7 teams?

Seems like the decision tilted when the Players' Assoc got involved, according to some in the media.

Rain Man 11-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 13890278)
Weather will be in the 60's-70's, Onshore Sea Breeze. That could potentially kick up a lot of fire ash into the LA Basin and Valley's, have to take that day to day

We should petition the NFL to move the game to a safe place. Like, say, Kansas City.

T-post Tom 11-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13890280)
I think star players insisting that a union rep go down there an inspect the field wasn't going very well.

The NFL cut their losses and took the L before it grew into a bigger debacle. For ONCE.

Yep.

Valiant 11-13-2018 04:16 PM

Fill that stadium with half chiefs fan. Have them wear an overshirt.
With the last words yelled home of the chiefs rip off the overshirts to a sea of red unexpectedly.

Shaid 11-13-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13890192)
What's hilarious is that the Rams have wasted 2 days of travel by going to Colorado to get acclimated to the altitude
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Reid = accidental genius!

DJ's left nut 11-13-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13890268)
You would think the NFL would have been more on top of the issue but apparently they weren't and only started paying attention after the issue was brought to light.

Then yeah, someone with the NFL probably needs to get fired over that one as well.

I mean surely someone was tasked with making sure the stadium hadn't collapsed into a smoldering pile of rubble at some point. As part of that job, you would think "make sure the field doesn't look like a middle school playground" would be on the checklist.

Rain Man 11-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13890281)
I feel bad for all of those people.

Yeah, that really stinks. Now you're either eating the cost of a Mexico City flight AND buying an LA flight (with hotel tribulations, I'm sure), or you're going to Mexico City to find a sports bar.

Kiimo 11-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13890286)
With the last words yelled home of the chiefs rip off the overshirts to a sea of red unexpectedly.

Oh believe me, the internet is on fire with LA Chiefs fans right now. Wheeling and dealing like madness.

I've already been offered a free ticket. Alas I can not get out of work in time.

carcosa 11-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13890286)

Yes!

carcosa 11-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13890290)
Yeah, that really stinks. Now you're either eating the cost of a Mexico City flight AND buying an LA flight (with hotel tribulations, I'm sure), or you're going to Mexico City to find a sports bar.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ulf_Coast.html