ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The big epiphany for me regarding this weekend's game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320463)

htismaqe 01-15-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14042060)
Lock could be a good NFL QB, but he needs to sit a year. IMO, they all do.

He'll need good coaching too. Not sure he'll get that in Denver.

MahiMike 01-15-2019 07:14 PM

Gotta keep the peddle down and step on the necks of the NFL.

Do it now!

HemiEd 01-15-2019 07:17 PM

Yeah, we are pretty much playing with house money at this point in the season.

However, I did predict 12-4 with a potential AFCG appearance due to a talented young QB that isn't scared.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14042380)
Yeah, we are pretty much playing with house money at this point in the season.

However, I did predict 12-4 with a potential AFCG appearance due to a talented young QB that isn't scared.

I applaud you sir. I won't ever say I expected to see them in the AFCCG but I did expect improvement over last year because I expected Mahomes to be better than Smith.

007 01-15-2019 07:37 PM

Going into this year I told myself to let the frustrations go and try to just enjoy the season. I've gone into every game with a just have fun attitude. While sometimes my emotions still come out I've had much more fun this year. Whatever the outcome is Sunday, I'm happy with where this team had taken us.

That said, go kick Brady's ass.

Frazod 01-15-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14042150)
Being out here in Denver and being a Mizzou fan I don't get to see hardly any MU games but I did get to see a couple and thought Lock could be pretty decent but to your point he needs to sit and become a student first.

Yeah, I don't see him learning much from Case Keenum.

Ron Swanson 01-15-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14041901)
Is Drew Lock very good? I am not an MU fan so I don’t watch them play.

I ask bc I think Denver is going to do everything humanly possible to draft him.

I'm a huge Mizzou fan who has watched every game Lock has played. Although I would like to root for him in the NFL, as a Chiefs fan I pray the donks draft him. He is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

Rain Man 01-15-2019 11:57 PM

I feel like the biggest pressure was the last game. These next two games are more fun than stressful.

Rausch 01-16-2019 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14042982)
I feel like the biggest pressure was the last game. These next two games are more fun than stressful.

For a young QB in his first year starting he (and we) are definitely overachieving.

Pat has already put up the greatest 16 games of any first year starter in NFL history.

His first season is already top 10 all time for ANY QB. Ever.

We might lose but this is the first time in a long time I actually BLIEVE we'll win when it matters...

BlackOp 01-16-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14042982)

Yes..it was an initiation into what it feels like to go into the playoffs and actually expect to win.

It's telling how far, we as fans, have fallen when you think the divisional round is some kind of epic accomplishment. Jaguars did it last year with BLAKE BORTLES.....jesus.

It's house money only because we have low expectations...that said...I think KC is going to curbstomp them in 5 degree weather.

kccrow 01-16-2019 06:35 AM

I want nothing less than to watch Brady crying midway through the 4th in a 42-14 curb stomping that reminds that bitch he should retire.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01-16-2019 07:27 AM

The big epiphany that I had was looking back and realizing how lucky we were that our Chiefs didn't suck for Luck the year he came out. Luck is a better than average quarterback that will have a very nice career but ending up with a once in a generation talent like Patrick Mahomes is better than any one of us could have imagined. If we had Luck and had to beat Patrick every year to win a Super Bowl we would still be stuck in our next year thinking. Having a talent like Patrick Mahomes means that your team always has a good chance to finish the season on top!

Hammock Parties 01-16-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 14043168)
The big epiphany that I had was looking back and realizing how lucky we were that our Chiefs didn't suck for Luck the year he came out. Luck is a better than average quarterback that will have a very nice career but ending up with a once in a generation talent like Patrick Mahomes is better than any one of us could have imagined. If we had Luck and had to beat Patrick every year to win a Super Bowl we would still be stuck in our next year thinking. Having a talent like Patrick Mahomes means that your team always has a good chance to finish the season on top!

The Chiefs probably win at least one Super Bowl with Andy Reid and Andrew Luck and the defenses we had in 2013-2016.

Imagine adding a 40 TD QB to a team with the #2 defense, instead of not throwing a TD to a WR the entire year.

Luck isn't just "better than average." In a good year he's a top 5 QB.

EyePod 01-16-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14041867)
My wife is a die hard Braves fan, and they haven't won shit forever either, so she understands my pain.

And is smart enough to leave me the **** alone when I get like that. :D

I'm a Chiefs and a Braves fan.. :-/

EyePod 01-16-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14043050)
Yes..it was an initiation into what it feels like to go into the playoffs and actually expect to win.

It's telling how far, we as fans, have fallen when you think the divisional round is some kind of epic accomplishment. Jaguars did it last year with BLAKE BORTLES.....jesus.

It's house money only because we have low expectations...that said...I think KC is going to curbstomp them in 5 degree weather.

Eh, there's ebb and flow. Not every team is the Patriots. But we can become them!!!