ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs USA Today hit piece on the Chiefs' "Brutal History of Domestic Violence" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322986)

O.city 05-17-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14272638)
What if the players like Hill and Clark?

I know Frank Clark was well liked in Seattle.

Sure and if were just Frank Clark I doubt anyone would have a problem with it

For as much shit as you guys give the “show” some of you are pretty triggered about it

staylor26 05-17-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14272652)
Like it or not, when we picked up tyreek we knew this was the baggage that came along with it. Other teams knew too considering how low he fell. Regardless of if he behaved or didn't behave the entire teams behavior would be put under a microscope. Whether he's guilty or not guilty, he clearly put himself in a position where this was going to resurface some things. Its hard for us to be outraged or surprised by this. The article is not wrong. But as a fan, I've chosen not to really give a shit as long as we win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14272641)
Here's the problem - sometimes there might be no false statement in an article. However, said article becomes a hit piece when it paints a picture that's not accurate. Be honest, when you read the article, you took it that the Chiefs were the #1 offender in the NFL regarding DV cases. WHY? Because THAT'S EXACTLY what this type of article is meant to infer. Yet, the FACT is the Chiefs are nowhere near the top of the list - they're 11th.

http://www.nflarrest.com/

This should be a teachable moment for you. Problem is, it won't be.

O.city 05-17-2019 08:45 AM

I think a lot of it isn’t necessarily about the number but the timing of it all

Once pat starts throwing tds in September I doubt anyone will care

Rain Man 05-17-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14272660)
Yep. KC is 11th, as someone earlier pointed out.

Maybe the hit pieces just come when you're the top team in the NFL. You know, like what goes on with the murdering, ball-deflating, jersey tampering, illegal filming Patriots.

The Franchise 05-17-2019 08:47 AM

If it such a huge problem....then the NFL should start banning players with incidents before they get to the league. What’s that? They can’t? Then shut the **** up then.

RunKC 05-17-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14272675)
If it such a huge problem....then the NFL should start banning players with incidents before they get to the league. What’s that? They can’t? Then shut the **** up then.

****ing this.

The NFL just celebrated the Titans for drafting a player in the first round who is ON TAPE clocking a woman.

They celebrated that pick like it was a “steal”. And are those ****s getting heat? He’ll no.

Seriously **** these mother****ing SJW’s and their bullshit.

rabblerouser 05-17-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14272671)
Maybe the hit pieces just come when you're the top team in the NFL. You know, like what goes on with the murdering, ball-deflating, jersey tampering, illegal filming Patriots.

Hmmm...

chiefzilla1501 05-17-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14272648)
And the Bengals model won all 50 of those Super Bowls?

We never won it all because we never had a quarterback. Now we do. We don’t need a prison gang, we just needed a quarterback.

The Bengals had big problems because their players were a distraction. Including playing like scumbags and racking up costly dumb penalties at dumb times. our players are generally good teammates and well liked in the locker room. Tyreek is a little different situation but I'm of the mindset that the Chiefs responsibility is to determine if he's worth the risk and the distraction. It should be the NFLs job to enforce consistent punishment and theyve utterly failed, leaving teams in a tough spot. Kareem showed there's no reward for teams that "do the right thing" so what's the incentive

Marcellus 05-17-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14272670)
I think a lot of it isn’t necessarily about the number but the timing of it all

Once pat starts throwing tds in September I doubt anyone will care

Mahomes is the soap that cleans all that is dirty.

Eleazar 05-17-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixhex (Post 14272683)
Here is the database I assume they are using to come up with their "double" the "average" figure. Looks to me like several other teams are right up there with the Chiefs. Picking just the Chiefs to bash in this article is purely related to the Hill story and trying to get clicks. Either way, domestic violence in the NFL is a big issue. Why can't guys just walk away man. Shit is crazy.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

I don't understand why CP is so triggered about the idea of losing Hill. This team is a Super Bowl favorite even if they cut Hill today.

Nixhex 05-17-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14272660)
Yep. KC is 11th, as someone earlier pointed out.

KC domestic violence charges is 6. Denver is 13.

bobbything 05-17-2019 08:52 AM

What’s behind the Minnesota Vikings’ brutal history with domestic violence?

Just for fun, I picked a seemingly innocuous NFL team and dug into their history of domestic violence.

See? Anyone can do this…

In 1996 defensive end James Harris was arrested for domestic assault
In 1999 safety Orlando Thomas was arrested for assaulting his wife
In 2002 wide receiver Randy Moss hit a female police officer with his car
In 2005 Daunte Culpepper, Moe Williams, Fred Smoot, Bryant McKinnie were arrested for “lewd conduct” involving a stripper
In 2005 tackle Kevin Williams was arrested for domestic assault
In 2011 cornerback Chris Cook was arrested for domestic assault
In 2013 cornerback AJ Jefferson was arrested for domestic assault
In 2014 running back Adrian Peterson was arrested for child endangerment
In 2018 receiver Cayleb Jones was arrested for domestic assault and felony theft

Edit: and if we're being honest, the Belcher situation is much more of a mental health issue than a domestic violence issue. I hate it when people bring it up as if it's some sort of parallel to Hill's situation.

Sassy Squatch 05-17-2019 08:54 AM

Why are so many of you getting triggered? Hill situation is all but over besides the token suspension. Leave it and move on.

chiefzilla1501 05-17-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14272665)

That has nothing to do with what I said. Regardless of where we are on that list, we knew damn well what we were getting into PR wise when we picked tyreek hill.

staylor26 05-17-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14272691)
I don't understand why CP is so triggered about the idea of losing Hill. This team is a Super Bowl favorite even if they cut Hill today.

Ummm maybe because some other team will just be allowed to scoop him up for cheap after he gets a slap on the wrist with little to no backlash from these same media members?

There’s also the fact that he hasn’t been charged with anything and likely won’t be.

And no, losing Tyreek hurts our SB chances this year. To think otherwise is reeruned.