ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time to re-evaluate. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326600)

St. Patty's Fire 11-10-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14587550)
Some of you guys are overreacting. These type of games happen to every team.

Cowboys lost to Jets
Saints scored NINE points today and got blown out at home by ATL
Ravens got blown out at home by the Browns
Packers got embarrassed last week by a bad Chargers team
Patriots didn’t even show up last week
Rams got beat by the Bucs at home AND they are losing to the broken Steelers today
Vikings lost last week to a QB who was a high school coach 3 months ago

Every team has a stinker game every year. Today was ours

What about the Colts and Texans games?

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14587601)
Miami is up 16-12 on Indy with 3:30 to go.

Colts just effectively wasted a timeout there too. Could have gotten the ball back even if they don't make this.

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 06:06 PM

And they don't...Colts lose to the worst team to the league at home. Colts fans may be doing some re-evaluating now.

O.city 11-10-2019 06:10 PM

Thing that sucks is that the chiefs completely dominated today. Just a few fluke plays and dumb shit ones cost them

I still think they’re talented enough to win out

mnchiefsguy 11-10-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14587550)
Some of you guys are overreacting. These type of games happen to every team.

Cowboys lost to Jets
Saints scored NINE points today and got blown out at home by ATL
Ravens got blown out at home by the Browns
Packers got embarrassed last week by a bad Chargers team
Patriots didn’t even show up last week
Rams got beat by the Bucs at home AND they are losing to the broken Steelers today
Vikings lost last week to a QB who was a high school coach 3 months ago

Every team has a stinker game every year. Today was ours

Yep. Once I took a chance to breathe a bit I remembered that it was this week last year that the Pats went into Nashville and lost 34-10...and looked a lot worse than we did today. Everyone wrote them off at that point...it even revived the "uncomfortable Tom Brady" failing thread on this board....and the Pats wound up getting their shit together and making a run.

This team can do it. Will they? **** if I know...but it has to start with a thumping of the bolts in Mexico.

PattyFlakes 11-10-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14587680)
Yep. Once I took a chance to breathe a bit I remembered that it was this week last year that the Pats went into Nashville and lost 34-10...and looked a lot worse than we did today. Everyone wrote them off at that point...it even revived the "uncomfortable Tom Brady" failing thread on this board....and the Pats wound up getting their shit together and making a run.

This team can do it. Will they? **** if I know...but it has to start with a thumping of the bolts in Mexico.

Yip.

TEX 11-10-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14587674)
Thing that sucks is that the chiefs completely dominated today. Just a few fluke plays and dumb shit ones cost them

I still think they’re talented enough to win out

Bet before today, you thought they could win out also, right?

O.city 11-10-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14587708)
Bet before today, you thought they could win out also, right?

Well, yeah duh.

They gagged one away today. If they don’t do that they win pretty handily

But here we are

dirk digler 11-10-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14587563)
Oh I absolutely do. What the Titans did before Mahomes played is also hardly relevant to what both teams are today (and based on what we saw today, the Chiefs are far better).

This game was very similar to the playoff loss. We got a nice lead and looked like we were going to blow them out then Henry took over and our D was scared to tackle him

493rd 11-10-2019 06:20 PM

Today wasn’t a “stinker” game, it was what we’ve come to expect from this abysmal defense that supposedly has talent. Scoring 32 points in the NFL should be enough to win 99% of games. But it’s not with the Chiefs defense. This won’t get fixed this year.

BWillie 11-10-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14587375)
We outgained them by almost 300 yards. Victories don't get much more fluky than that.

Drawing significant conclusions from such games is probably the wrong thing to do.

Probably the most reasonable take. There are improvements needed but we've been very unfortunate this year.

TLO 11-10-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Good post.

TEX 11-10-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14587714)
Well, yeah duh.

They gagged one away today. If they don’t do that they win pretty handily

But here we are

All I'm saying is that this team, this season, has given us enough evidence to suggest that their chances are not very good that they'll win out.

FAH-Q 11-10-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

This might be relevant if Reid had proven to get over losses like this by going to multiple SBs. Comparing anything the Pats do in the regular season to the continual pattern of ineptitude our defense displays is simply not applicable. The Pats have proven they can adjust and fix their issues. We have not.

eDave 11-10-2019 07:56 PM

You guys are a bunch of vagina's. No offense.