ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life RIP Takeoff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345851)

jd1020 11-02-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16572751)
We've basically learned from this thread that many of our fellow CPers view any rapper as essentially being vintage NWA chiming in about bitches and money.

Not any rapper. Just the ones that get shot.

TwistedChief 11-02-2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16572805)
Not any rapper. Just the ones that get shot.

Well, I learned earlier in this thread that rappers get shot and rockstars overdose. It's just what they do.

Titty Meat 11-02-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16572820)
Well, I learned earlier in this thread that rappers get shot and rockstars overdose. It's just what they do.

Yeah this would be like blaming Darrent Williams for his situation. It's totally ****ing stupid

KCUnited 11-02-2022 06:55 PM

He died a true kingpin

Spott 11-02-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16572751)
We've basically learned from this thread that many of our fellow CPers view any rapper as essentially being vintage NWA chiming in about bitches and money.

Out of curiosity, I googled “Migos lyrics” and the first song that popped up was a song called Bad and Boujee. The song is indeed all about bitches and money, except for the verse about guns. I am not familiar with their music, but one can see where your fellow CPers might make this assumption about this group.

jd1020 11-02-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

It does seem to be the preferred method for the genres. Although, suicide is probably pretty up there for rockstars too.

Rain Man 11-02-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16572827)
Yeah this would be like blaming Darrent Williams for his situation. It's totally ****ing stupid

Hey, I just realized. The place where Darrent Williams was shot is the exact same intersection where I got hit by the French bicyclist.

Demonpenz 11-02-2022 07:00 PM

lil uzi lol

jd1020 11-02-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16572827)

Wasn't familiar with what happened to him but a quick search seems to pull up that before his vehicle was shot up the guys he was with, maybe even him, got into a fight with Crips at a club.

Getting shot at over a fight at a club is pretty stupid, but lets not sit here and pretend the shooting just fell out of the sky and he was randomly targeted by a gang because the color of his vehicle.

Marcellus 11-02-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

You can’t be serious in not understanding the point.

Many of my absolute favorite rock vocalist died from OD of some sort or another. Was it a waste? **** yea it was. But there is a pattern.

I love old school rap and many if not most of those guys died from bullets or some other bullshit.

History can be unkind but it’s still history.

Titty Meat 11-02-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16572846)
Hey, I just realized. The place where Darrent Williams was shot is the exact same intersection where I got hit by the French bicyclist.

Diverse violence alright!

I forgot about that man how are you doing? Did they ever catch the guy?

Titty Meat 11-02-2022 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16572861)
Wasn't familiar with what happened to him but a quick search seems to pull up that before his vehicle was shot up the guys he was with, maybe even him, got into a fight with Crips at a club.

Getting shot at over a fight at a club is pretty stupid, but lets not sit here and pretend the shooting just fell out of the sky and he was randomly targeted by a gang because the color of his vehicle.

I don't believe he was involved in the scuffle. Alot of Chiefs players hang around some places where there's been shootings and some unsavory characters hang around but I guess thats part of life. You could accidentally cut off the wrong person and get shot too. Doesn't mean it's your fault

JohnnyHammersticks 11-02-2022 07:08 PM

This is my way of pourin' one out for my dead homie, Takeoff. Goodnight sweet prince. See you in the great white north.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Jm4LoOaAWI?start=114" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

backinblack 11-02-2022 07:12 PM

I miss the days when musicians were shot and killed for saying their band is bigger than Jesus years prior. Simpler times.

Rain Man 11-02-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16572867)
Diverse violence alright!

I forgot about that man how are you doing? Did they ever catch the guy?

They caught the Darrent Williams shooter and the French bicyclist rammer. His insurance covered all of my costs and gave me a little money to not sue him. I've got a big scar on my face, but it's invisible unless you're at the right angle in the right lighting. So all is good.