ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Pants 11-18-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 6272254)
I have to say...I like World at War better than MW2. And I traded WAW to get MW2, I want it back.

I'm beginning to think I might like COD4 better, lol. I think IW failed miserably with some maps (i.e. Karachi and Favela) where it's less about reflexes and accuracy and more about hiding properly. Those maps have absolutely NO flow to them. Now, Skidrow and Invasion have amazing flow with Highrise and Terminal somewhere in between. The rest are just meh...

But HOLY SHIT do I HATE Karachi...

TinyEvel 11-18-2009 10:20 AM

Skidrow is my favorite map. i think I might change my username to Flankapotomus.

Ceej 11-18-2009 10:22 AM

I'm going to go get some breakfast.

Then I've got no plans until class at 7 tonight. Anyone up for some MP?

Mr. Plow 11-18-2009 10:29 AM

Initially I didn't like Estate & Derail. Primarily because a good sniper could do very well on those maps and me using an smg didn't do well. Once I started using my sniper rifles, I now enjoy them. Gives me a break from using and SMG/LMG.

Honestly, I haven't found a map that I don't like yet. Are all of them great? No. People seem to not like Favela/Karachi - because like Metro said - it isn't about seeing someone and shooting. It's about checking corners and windows. Which doesn't bother me - I seem to do well when I am forced to slow down a bit and check corners.

Pants 11-18-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6272767)
Initially I didn't like Estate & Derail. Primarily because a good sniper could do very well on those maps and me using an smg didn't do well. Once I started using my sniper rifles, I now enjoy them. Gives me a break from using and SMG/LMG.

Honestly, I haven't found a map that I don't like yet. Are all of them great? No. People seem to not like Favela/Karachi - because like Metro said - it isn't about seeing someone and shooting. It's about checking corners and windows. Which doesn't bother me - I seem to do well when I am forced to slow down a bit and check corners.

I don't mind Derail or Estate, I actually like Derail quite a bit. Wasteland can get pretty boring, that map is usually under 10 kills for me unless people actually go into the trench.

I would really love to play all the COD4 maps with the current graphics and all the perks/guns. I'd probably pay $60 for that game, lol.

Buck 11-18-2009 11:32 AM

My Favorite Maps in order of me liking them

Love these maps, they are perfect for my style of play:
1. Scrapyard
2. Skidrow
3. Invasion
4. Afghan (even though it can be a bit sniperish at times)

I like these maps sorta
5. Wasteland
6. Favela
7. Underpass
8. Rundown
9. Karachi

Meh
10. Terminal
11. Estate
12. Rust (hardly ever played it)
13. Derail

The ones I hate, unless I'm w/ a party I will quit in the lobby
14. Quarry
15. Sub Base
16. High Rise

Buck 11-18-2009 11:34 AM

Oh, and I bought these bad boys last night.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx

All I can say is wow. If you dont play w/ a set of high quality headphones, you are missing out on so many noises. Nobody will ever sneak up on my 6 again!

Pants 11-18-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6272958)
Oh, and I bought these bad boys last night.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx

All I can say is wow. If you dont play w/ a set of high quality headphones, you are missing out on so many noises. Nobody will ever sneak up on my 6 again!

Unless they have Ninja Pro and Coldblooded, lol.

Buck 11-18-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6273008)
Unless they have Ninja Pro and Coldblooded, lol.

Yeah thats true, but even though they don't make footstep noises, if they rustle through bushes I can hear it.

Mr. Plow 11-18-2009 01:32 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SVAqCN6nioY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SVAqCN6nioY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Archie Bunker 11-18-2009 02:30 PM

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10400394-235.html

Modern Warfare 2 tops entertainment industry, not just games

If you think Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has had a major impact on just the video game industry, you may need to adjust your expectations.

According to Activision Blizzard, the game's publisher, Modern Warfare 2 has set records across the entire entertainment industry.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the "biggest entertainment launch in history," Activision said in a statement. In its first five days of availability, the game set a worldwide record with about $550 million in sales, according to internal Activision figures. It's impressive. But more impressive is the list of launches that it beat out.

In the first five days of availability, Modern Warfare 2 has eclipsed the largest worldwide box-office opening, held by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," which tallied $394 million over its first five days. It also beat "The Dark Knight," which holds the U.S. box-office record with $203.8 million in first five-day sales.

The game also narrowly trumped Grand Theft Auto IV, which captured $500 million in sales in its first five days of availability.

In other words, Modern Warfare 2 has had a major release.

The game's success also translated to major numbers on Xbox Live. Activision reported that "more than 5.2 million multiplayer hours were logged playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on the first day alone." On November 10, 2.2 million unique gamers played on Xbox Live, setting a new one-day record for the online-gaming platform.

Of course, it should be noted that all these figures come from Activision's internal estimates, which might differ from the NPD Group's official totals when it announces November video-game sales.

But until then, Activision can (rightfully so) celebrate Modern Warfare 2's success. And maybe the video-game industry, which has always received second billing to film in the entertainment space, can finally stake its claim to the top spot. Video games are, based on Modern Warfare 2's success, just as viable an entertainment platform as movies.

Pants 11-18-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 6273619)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10400394-235.html

Modern Warfare 2 tops entertainment industry, not just games

If you think Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has had a major impact on just the video game industry, you may need to adjust your expectations.

According to Activision Blizzard, the game's publisher, Modern Warfare 2 has set records across the entire entertainment industry.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the "biggest entertainment launch in history," Activision said in a statement. In its first five days of availability, the game set a worldwide record with about $550 million in sales, according to internal Activision figures. It's impressive. But more impressive is the list of launches that it beat out.

In the first five days of availability, Modern Warfare 2 has eclipsed the largest worldwide box-office opening, held by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," which tallied $394 million over its first five days. It also beat "The Dark Knight," which holds the U.S. box-office record with $203.8 million in first five-day sales.

The game also narrowly trumped Grand Theft Auto IV, which captured $500 million in sales in its first five days of availability.

In other words, Modern Warfare 2 has had a major release.

The game's success also translated to major numbers on Xbox Live. Activision reported that "more than 5.2 million multiplayer hours were logged playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on the first day alone." On November 10, 2.2 million unique gamers played on Xbox Live, setting a new one-day record for the online-gaming platform.

Of course, it should be noted that all these figures come from Activision's internal estimates, which might differ from the NPD Group's official totals when it announces November video-game sales.

But until then, Activision can (rightfully so) celebrate Modern Warfare 2's success. And maybe the video-game industry, which has always received second billing to film in the entertainment space, can finally stake its claim to the top spot. Video games are, based on Modern Warfare 2's success, just as viable an entertainment platform as movies.

Is the entertainment industry aware of the bank WoW is pulling in for the same company on a monthly basis? lawl

Third Eye 11-18-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6273686)
Is the entertainment industry aware of the bank WoW is pulling in for the same company on a monthly basis? lawl

At its peak, WOW had about 11.5 million monthly subscribers at about 15 USD/month. So monthly they were pulling in around 170 million. This game did 550 in 5 days. Granted, they won't sustain those numbers, but I imagine that through holiday sales they will probably generate what WOW does in 2 years.

Pants 11-18-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 6273918)
At its peak, WOW had about 11.5 million monthly subscribers at about 15 USD/month. So monthly they were pulling in around 170 million. This game did 550 in 5 days. Granted, they won't sustain those numbers, but I imagine that through holiday sales they will probably generate what WOW does in 2 years.

You have to remember that those 11.5 million subscribers also payed $49.99 for the game + 2 expansion (or is it 3 now?) at $29.99 a pop. You also have to take the past players into account who also also payed for the game + expansion and that number will be much larger than 11.5 million.

Wa-Z 11-18-2009 11:47 PM

are you guys aware that after you beat the game it unlocks a bonus mission....its under mission select and it's called infinity ward museum or something...you can push a button and bring it to life

KCChiefsMan 11-18-2009 11:54 PM

All of this time I've been bitching about my internet connection. Every game I play I get lag and I'm at an obvious disadvantage. I'm usually a half second - 2 seconds behind. The replays show me that, I'll shoot someone and on my screen it's hitting them and I get that click on your cross hairs. But in actuality I never shot them and they kill me off easily.

So I call the worst company known to man, Sunflower Broadband and complain and they tell me that I never came to pick up some Roscoe 3.0 modem that is required to get your "Gold" $80 per month internet to work well. Well I never knew I had to pick up a new modem and I can't do it tomorrow, but I will on Friday and this $hit better fucking fix it.

AndChiefs 11-19-2009 06:26 AM

I've got the game finally. UnknownNewbie is my gamertag.

ChiefsNWildcats 11-19-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6274970)
All of this time I've been bitching about my internet connection. Every game I play I get lag and I'm at an obvious disadvantage. I'm usually a half second - 2 seconds behind. The replays show me that, I'll shoot someone and on my screen it's hitting them and I get that click on your cross hairs. But in actuality I never shot them and they kill me off easily.

So I call the worst company known to man, Sunflower Broadband and complain and they tell me that I never came to pick up some Roscoe 3.0 modem that is required to get your "Gold" $80 per month internet to work well. Well I never knew I had to pick up a new modem and I can't do it tomorrow, but I will on Friday and this $hit better fucking fix it.

Really? We have their gold internet too and seems like occassionally our internet goes really slow. Guess I will have to call and ask them about this modem. The one we have is the same piece of crap they gave us a few years back when we started using their company.

Pants 11-19-2009 09:18 AM

Sunflower = bag of dicks. Get rid of that shit ASAP and get AT&T internet.

Skyy God 11-19-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6272838)
I would really love to play all the COD4 maps with the current graphics and all the perks/guns. I'd probably pay $60 for that game, lol.

I second that motion. The new maps have way more elevation and hiding spots than 4.

Pants 11-19-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6276189)
I second that motion. The new maps have way more elevation and hiding spots than 4.

Yeah, I HATE HATE HATE Favala and Karachi for that same reason. I went 26-4 on Karachi last night but that's because the kids I was playing were stupid as hell, a good camping team usually rapes me on that one. I wish there was a way to just have a play list of maps so I could take those 2 off along with the mother****ing (forget the name) foggy one. Another thing that pisses me off to no extent is people camping in the back of the SEALs spawn on Sub Base.

Mr. Plow 11-20-2009 09:54 AM

Just got through the campaign on veteran. Not nearly as hard as the past ones. There were some tough spots, but nothing that took much to get through. I always hated the infinite respawn of enemies, but I think I dislike the no respawn of enemies worse. You can essentially sit back, pick everyone off, and then run through the levels.

CoMoChief 11-20-2009 09:59 AM

Does it make me evil for absolutely LOVING the Airport level?

Pants 11-20-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6277773)

I wouldn't say evil, just not right in the head...

Archie Bunker 11-20-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6277773)

It's one of my favorites, love holding down the Burger Town area.

wutamess 11-20-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6276189)

I keep telling people that this game isn't better than MW/COD4.
Maps are too big and too many hiding spots for 6 on 6.

I play HTD and it's a campers delight because of all the ways/angles someone can get shot.

Matches rarely get to the 7500 unelss it's a smaller map like Estate or the one with the plane down in the middle.

I'm about ready to go back to COD4.
Plus, for some reason, I can only take about 2 hours max of this game before I have to turn it off. COD4 it was nothing to stay on it half a day or til the wee hours of the morning.

Buck 11-20-2009 11:52 PM

I miss my COD.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej 11-20-2009 11:59 PM

I like Estate a lot.

We need to get a damn CP game going on. A private match or something. Some of you HDM people are going to have to take the plunge and play some TDM because some of us are not 100% familiar with the game which = plenty of friendly fire, lol.

Valiant 11-21-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 6273918)

No, I know they did not sell the sheer amount in five days but people paid money for the game then fork out money for the monthly.. All goes to WOW.. WOW will still be number one for a while.. Well until Diablo3 comes out..

KCChiefsMan 11-21-2009 02:34 AM

I'm freaking addicted to this game. Just got the fall camo on the M4 and now it still needs 100 more headshots to finish it, wtf? But there are a lot of campers in this one and if you play hardcore you better camp. But I find myself setting my alarm clock to get up early so I can play before work, lol.

Third Eye 11-21-2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6279922)
No, I know they did not sell the sheer amount in five days but people paid money for the game then fork out money for the monthly.. All goes to WOW.. WOW will still be number one for a while.. Well until Diablo3 comes out..

I still stand by my statement. I'm not claiming against the entire WoW cycle, just 2 years.

1. World of Warcraft, launched 2004
Genre/Platform: Western MMORPG; client install with 3D graphics
Revenue sources: Monthly subscription, retails sales, prepaid cards (in Asia)
DFC estimated 2008 revenue: $500 million-plus

http://gigaom.com/2009/02/01/top-10-...ing-mmos-2008/

Mr. Plow 11-21-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6270335)
How about Saturday morning, or anytime before 2 p.m.? Private COD games are incredibly fun, especially if you play an all knifing game like we did with COD4.

Hey man - not gonna be able to play this morning. Gotta a to do list for this morning apparently and it starts with "fix the pantry door."

Buck 11-21-2009 01:22 PM

I is haz wifdrawals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo 11-21-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6280451)
I is haz wifdrawals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just watch Youtube clips, brah. That might see you through.

:D

Kraus 11-21-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6280258)
Hey man - not gonna be able to play this morning. Gotta a to do list for this morning apparently and it starts with "fix the pantry door."

I wasn't able to play either. :(

Kraus 11-21-2009 10:37 PM

I should be on in about 30 minutes TDM on 360, anybody else going to be on?

TinyEvel 11-21-2009 11:08 PM

What's your LEAST favorite MP map?

I am not so wild about Favela and Wasteland. Though, flanking is the name of the game in Wasteland, can be fun but the amount of running and the futile action around the bunker are annoying. And Rundown. Just kinda not great. No flow areas, too many easy snipe points in weeds, camping spots, etc. like Favela.

TrickyNicky 11-21-2009 11:37 PM

I like Rundown, even though it tends to be sniper heavy. It is a great map for thumpers and grenade launchers with Danger Close perk.

I don't hate any maps but Favela and Wasteland are definitely not my favorites.

KCChiefsMan 11-21-2009 11:39 PM

why does everyone on my friends list insist on playing hardcore?? ahhh! I hate it. Either go solo, or play hardcore???? hmmmm

TrickyNicky 11-21-2009 11:41 PM

Groundwar is where its at. I love the mayhem of 9v9.

Shag 11-22-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6281434)
What's your LEAST favorite MP map?

I am not so wild about Favela and Wasteland. Though, flanking is the name of the game in Wasteland, can be fun but the amount of running and the futile action around the bunker are annoying. And Rundown. Just kinda not great. No flow areas, too many easy snipe points in weeds, camping spots, etc. like Favela.

I despise Wasteland. Not a fan of Derail, Favela, or Quarry, either.

So far, I find the maps to be a step down from the COD4 maps. Most of them seem to have no flow or designed choke points, which I don't particularly care for...

Pablo 11-22-2009 05:25 PM

Quarry is an absolute shit map and I love playing Domination on Favela for whatever reason; but hate it for any other game type.

007 11-22-2009 06:24 PM

Is this a free Gold weekend or something? My silver account was able to go online today.

TrickyNicky 11-22-2009 06:50 PM

I think they were intentionally putting choke points in the maps to encourage some riot shield usage, unfortunately with 100ms latency the shield is pretty useless for anything but gimmickry.

MoreLemonPledge 11-22-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6285899)
Is this a free Gold weekend or something? My silver account was able to go online today.

Yes.

Pants 11-23-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6281478)
why does everyone on my friends list insist on playing hardcore?? ahhh! I hate it. Either go solo, or play hardcore???? hmmmm

Regular = a bunch of Halo kids running around jumping and shooting, nobody even bothers to use silencers and cold-blooded lol. Plus having a guy run at you through 8 bullets to knife you pisses me off. I like the much more intense action of Hardcore. CJ and I played some the other day, was fun. I don't know if he liked it though, lol, his opinion was "There's no iniative." Haha. Just need Kraus to make the HTDM plunge now.

Buck 11-23-2009 12:45 PM

Flying home today. I let my dad borrow the game when I was gone. He better be ready to give it back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyy God 11-23-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6287537)
Plus having a guy run at you through 8 bullets to knife you pisses me off.

That drives me insane, and it's made worse by the Commando perk. Almost enough to force a switch to hardcore.

KCChiefsMan 11-23-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6287537)
Regular = a bunch of Halo kids running around jumping and shooting, nobody even bothers to use silencers and cold-blooded lol. Plus having a guy run at you through 8 bullets to knife you pisses me off. I like the much more intense action of Hardcore. CJ and I played some the other day, was fun. I don't know if he liked it though, lol, his opinion was "There's no iniative." Haha. Just need Kraus to make the HTDM plunge now.

I don't like Halo, but I do like to move when I play COD.

Pablo 11-23-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6288931)
I don't like Halo, but I do like to move when I play COD.

Pretty much. I've played Hardcore before and it's just not my thing. I'm a run and gunner and I positively hate sitting in a corner or crouch walking up and down a hallway to get my kills. It doesn't satisfy my gaming needs. Unfortunately, this is a lot of what I encounter when I play HCTDM.

KCChiefsMan 11-23-2009 05:22 PM

hardcore would be more fun if they didn't keep records of your kill/death ratio. People who play hardcore are scared to death to move out of their corner because it may hurt their precious little ratio.

Ceej 11-23-2009 06:18 PM

This game has been very frustrating for me. And maybe it's because I'm not 100% familiar with it.

I've progressively gotten worse.

Priest31kc 11-23-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6289126)
This game has been very frustrating for me. And maybe it's because I'm not 100% familiar with it.

I've progressively gotten worse.

My KDR is .57 LMAO. I am terrible. Like I said in an earlier post, I was much better at World At War, got my KDR to a .85 after starting out worse than I am in MW2.

AndChiefs 11-23-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 6289347)
My KDR is .57 LMAO. I am terrible. Like I said in an earlier post, I was much better at World At War, got my KDR to a .85 after starting out worse than I am in MW2.

I'm about .8 lower so far in this one on K/D. It's tough to get used to.

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 08:28 AM

I'm at a 1.37 right now and steadily moving up. My clan buddy (johnnykev on here) is over 3. It's freakin' rediculous how good that cat is.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 08:40 AM

Damn...I was at a 1.35 and have steadily declined to a 1.18. That marathon perk is a benefit, yet a downfall if you just start running around the map lol.

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6290131)
Damn...I was at a 1.35 and have steadily declined to a 1.18. That marathon perk is a benefit, yet a downfall if you just start running around the map lol.

LOL. That's why I don't use it. If I did I would get all excited and not stop running until I was shot.

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 08:49 AM

My perks are pretty much set for life. I've got "Bling" so I can have a red dot and a silencer. "Cold Blooded" because it's a must and "Ninja".
When you get to Ninja Pro it gives you dead silence. It's a beautiful thing.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6290144)
LOL. That's why I don't use it. If I did I would get all excited and not stop running until I was shot.

After I got marathon pro last night, I officially removed it. Oh, and HO...LY.....SHIT: Marathon, Lightweight, Commando = knifin' bitches. LOL.

I fuggin' hate that shit when I'm on the other end of it too. Guys move like greased lightning, can't shoot them, and then knife you. LOL.

Now THAT would make an interested CP private match....knifes only.

Pants 11-24-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6290152)
My perks are pretty much set for life. I've got "Bling" so I can have a red dot and a silencer. "Cold Blooded" because it's a must and "Ninja".
When you get to Ninja Pro it gives you dead silence. It's a beautiful thing.

That's pretty much my set up, but instead of Ninja Pro, I use Sit Rep Pro and have to resort to crouching, it's slower than walking/running with Ninja Pro, but I get to see where the claymores are/people hiding from ANYWHERE on the map. Helps with granades (they become bright red and you can see them through walls) and flares too. On my sniper, I have Ninja Pro + Marathon since I only use that class on 2 maps (Derailed and Wasteland) and it benefits when you're trying to get in position. Went 22-2 on Derailed last night by flanking the dudes right off the bat, cleaning out the whole team two times and then casually sniping.

People bagging on HTDM - you still get to move around, but yeah, you can't just run around like a madman or you will be a free kill - that's why it's so much more intense :)

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6290155)
After I got marathon pro last night, I officially removed it. Oh, and HO...LY.....SHIT: Marathon, Lightweight, Commando = knifin' bitches. LOL.

I fuggin' hate that shit when I'm on the other end of it too. Guys move like greased lightning, can't shoot them, and then knife you. LOL.

Believe it or not my clan actually had a knife only battle one time on COD4. It was freakin' hilarious! I mean we were laughing so hard. That's until my 15 year old douche of a cousin, who was gettin' cut up like a 1950's gang fight, decided to use a shotgun...then it got ugly.

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6290177)
That's pretty much my set up, but instead of Ninja Pro, I use Sit Rep Pro and have to resort to crouching, it's slower than walking/running with Ninja Pro, but I get to see where the claymores are/people hiding from ANYWHERE on the map. Helps with granades (they become bright red and you can see them through walls) and flares too. On my sniper, I have Ninja Pro + Marathon since I only use that class on 2 maps (Derailed and Wasteland) and it benefits when you're trying to get in position. Went 22-2 on Derailed last night by flanking the dudes right off the bat, cleaning out the whole team two times and then casually sniping.

People bagging on HTDM - you still get to move around, but yeah, you can't just run around like a madman or you will be a free kill - that's why it's so much more intense :)

Nice! That's a good set up. I love sniping on Wasteland but for some reason Derailed always gives me fits. I've not had a good game on that map yet.

Shag 11-24-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6290155)

I ran into a guy doing this in pub matches yesterday. He would do nothing but run and knife the entire map - I don't believe he ever stopped moving. Finished 31-16, lol.

It was amusing, but pretty ridiculous, really...

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6290268)
I ran into a guy doing this in pub matches yesterday. He would do nothing but run and knife the entire map - I don't believe he ever stopped moving. Finished 31-16, lol.

It was amusing, but pretty ridiculous, really...

It is pretty damn stupid - but it's funny as hell. When I get pissed off at the game because it isn't allowing me to be as good as I KNOW I am - because I'm so good the game doesn't know what to do, so it just starts giving the other players super powers to make me go 8 - 15 - instead of getting pissed off, I'll run with that set for a death or two just to laugh a little bit. It's really a great stress reliever. lol

TrickyNicky 11-24-2009 12:27 PM

I like Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, and Steady Aim Pro. Go with a AK with nade launcher attached and two RPG's as secondary. It doesn't kill as much as an m16 with stopping power, but its fun to just blow stuff up.

CHIEF4EVER 11-24-2009 01:20 PM

Just say NO to n00b tubes. :shake:

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHIEF4EVER (Post 6290873)

I've been using them a bit lately - just to finish off the challenges to unlock the shotguns - other than that, I agree.

TrickyNicky 11-24-2009 02:48 PM

Meh, just evening the tables from the people who can run through bullets and stick a knife in your eye.

KCChiefsMan 11-24-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHIEF4EVER (Post 6290873)

I only use them when the enemy is camping. Which is pretty much every game :evil:

It's the pro pipe, it's the best way to piss off campers

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6291329)
I only use them when the enemy is camping. Which is pretty much every game :evil:

It's the pro pipe, it's the best way to piss off campers

Noob tubes are what they are. I've used them a few times myself and I think there's a place for them. However, and that's big however, I hate when the match starts and someone immediately noob tubes across the map and kills me. I swear to God I've got a magnet on my head for those things. I wish I could have a perk called "Sodomy Pro" so I could shove those noob tubes right up their asses!

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6291379)
Noob tubes are what they are. I've used them a few times myself and I think there's a place for them. However, and that's big however, I hate when the match starts and someone immediately noob tubes across the map and kills me. I swear to God I've got a magnet on my head for those things. I wish I could have a perk called "Sodomy Pro" so I could shove those noob tubes right up their asses!

I haven't had that problem in 2 - I did in MW1.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6291401)
I haven't had that problem in 2 - I did in MW1.

And yes....it pisses me off too.

Pants 11-24-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6291402)
And yes....it pisses me off too.

It's effing ridiculous on Scrapyard, especially in hardcore. I do love to Javelin people, though. Works like a charm in Afghan when you have like 3-4 stupid kids camping the hill, hahaha.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 03:36 PM

The Javelin is the shit - I pissed some kid off yesterday because he had just got his AC130 and I shot it down with one shot.

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6291410)
The Javelin is the shit - I pissed some kid off yesterday because he had just got his AC130 and I shot it down with one shot.

ROFL

MVChiefFan 11-24-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6291405)
It's effing ridiculous on Scrapyard, especially in hardcore. I do love to Javelin people, though. Works like a charm in Afghan when you have like 3-4 stupid kids camping the hill, hahaha.

Oh Scrapyard is the worst for that. Drives me crazy!

Pants 11-24-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Shag 11-24-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

How'd you manage that? The AC130 has like 3 flares...

Pants 11-24-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6291471)
How'd you manage that? The AC130 has like 3 flares...

Man, I don't know what it is, but it's so weird how sometimes air support will have flares and sometimes it won't or it will have a different amount. I haven't been successful shooting an AC-130 down yet, but I've seen Pavelows get lit up on the first try and sometimes it takes 2 or 3, same with other choppers. Shit, I've even had missed Javelins on Harriers sometimes when, usually, it's a one shot kill.... that game is just weird sometimes. One time my red dot stayed after an enemy EMP, too. I don't know, man...

007 11-24-2009 04:50 PM

Man, you guys are reminding me why I absolutely hate online play. Unless you are willing to play for a couple hours every single night you will eternally suck. There's no point.