ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

O.city 12-18-2012 04:55 PM

This is what we've all been talking about.

Once these start happening for the guys playing in Bowls, QB's are going to skyrocket.

RunKC 12-18-2012 05:05 PM

I would not mind this kid at all. He is going to make a Ryan Tannehill/Christian Ponder like rise in the first.

I know people love Geno, but I really love what Wilson can do.

Dude is going to be a really solid pro QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 05:09 PM

Hell, I wouldn't complain at all if they decided to take him 1st.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 05:11 PM

i'd be shocked if 2 QBs aren't taken in the first 5 picks (smith and wilson)....4 in the first round

C-Mac 12-18-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9222160)
Shawn Zobel‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Word on the street is that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is drawing rave reviews in his early pre-draft workouts. "His football IQ is amazing."

According to the source I spoke with, Tyler Wilson "would probably be starting" for a team like the Cardinals or Jets right now.

Tyler's stock will only continue to rise from now till draft, I would really love to see him in a Chiefs uniform.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-18-2012 07:25 PM

I'd be fine with either Smith or Wilson.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9222476)
Tyler's stock will only continue to rise from now till draft, I would really love to see him in a Chiefs uniform.

All of them will have the same thing happen.

There's gonna be at least 4 QBs go in the 1st round, probably 3 in the top 15.

BossChief 12-18-2012 07:46 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if all of these guys go in the first round.

Smith
Wilson
Barkley
Glennon
Jones (Pioli will take him wherever he goes)
Murray

Dayze 12-18-2012 07:49 PM

I'd be fine with him or Geno.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-18-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9222160)

Word on the street is that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is drawing rave reviews in his early pre-draft workouts. "His football IQ is amazing."

According to the source I spoke with, Tyler Wilson "would probably be starting" for a team like the Cardinals or Jets right now.

The guy is going to be a stud in the pros. He has everything you want.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 08:27 PM

It will be interesting to see if Wilson somehow jumps Smith

Mr_Tomahawk 12-18-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9222687)

Wouldn't shock me at all...

Chiefs Pantalones 12-18-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

I'm expecting it, actually.

philfree 12-18-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Wilson is in the Sr Bowl and if he does everything at the combine and Smith doesn't play in the Sr Bowl or throw at the combine then I could see Wilson having a chance to overtake Smith. Not saying I think he will but maybe the prospect of it will push Smith to do everything he can in the draft process to secure him as the #1 pick in the draft.

Buckweath 12-18-2012 08:38 PM

Tyler Wilson's ceiling is Jay Cutler right, which is very good BTW?

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9222711)

It could/should be a lot higher than Jay Cutler.

Also, he doesn't have Jay Cutler's pouty bitch pussy attitude.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9222711)

arm is not as strong which gets him in trouble at times, more like Warner with Trent's mobility pre-knee injury

Nirvana58 12-18-2012 09:04 PM

Wilson does force the ball sometimes but with his shit team can you really blame him. This kid has that competitive fire and no one wants to win more than him. I honestly think he will be the best quarterback coming out of this draft.

BigCatDaddy 12-18-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9222717)
It could/should be a lot higher than Jay Cutler.

Also, he doesn't have Jay Cutler's pouty bitch pussy attitude.

Yeah, I'd say more of a Bretty Favre/Steve Young type attitude.

beach tribe 12-18-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9222742)
Wilson does force the ball sometimes but with his shit team can you really blame him. This kid has that competitive fire and no one wants to win more than him. I honestly think he will be the best quarterback coming out of this draft.

After watching more and more of the footage that's available to the average fan, I'm starting to think the same thing.
I'm on board with Geno, but something about him is setting of alarms in my head, but what do I know.

O.city 12-18-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9222958)
After watching more and more of the footage that's available to the average fan, I'm starting to think the same thing.
I'm on board with Geno, but something about him is setting of alarms in my head, but what do I know.

Racist?

I kid I kid.

gohogs14 12-19-2012 03:06 PM

Foxsports has him going #14 to the Jets...and the Chiefs getting Joeckel

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Offensive tackle, Texas A&M*

The Chiefs are due for a change at the quarterback position, that’s for sure. I’m just not sure that quarterback is in this draft. Make no mistake about it — there’s no Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this 2013 draft class. There may not be a Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden or Russell Wilson, either. I’ll get clobbered for this and so might their front office, but I think Kansas City is better off acquiring a veteran quarterback (Alex Smith or Matt Flynn, perhaps) than rolling the dice on a rookie quarterback who’s unworthy of the top overall selection for the sake of drafting one. Joeckel — not even ranked in the top 10 of some other mock drafts — is one of the most promising offensive tackle prospects I’ve seen in the past five years. Very athletic. Nimble. He was fantastic in Mike Sherman’s scheme and even better in Kliff Kingsbury’s. This may not inspire the fan base, but it’s a franchise cornerstone.

14. New York Jets: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas

I’ve been one of the many in the media insisting that the Jets wouldn’t eat the guaranteed $8 million Mark Sanchez is owed next season, but after Monday night’s five-turnover performance, I just don’t know how they keep him around for another year. Sanchez has regressed every year he’s been a pro, the Jets have gotten worse and the situation is altogether too toxic. New York starts anew, and with Smith and Glennon off the board, they shock the Radio City Music Hall crowd by passing on Barkley (another USC product) and grabbing Wilson, the 6-foot-2 quarterback out of Arkansas. After a huge 2011, Wilson made an Arkansas program that was reduced to rubble following Bobby Petrino’s dismissal somewhat respectable. He’s been through the fires and he’s come out on top. He’s also got a heck of an arm. This may be viewed with head-scratching in NYC, but Wilson could be the perfect fit for New York.

htismaqe 12-19-2012 03:14 PM

Everybody needs to stop re-posting this garbage from Pete ****ing Schrager.

Take a look at some of his "best" work. Even Russ ****ing Lande can beat this schlock. And this is just the top 10 picks, the rest of his first round is WORSE.

EDIT: This was his FEBRUARY version that year. So all the bowl games had been played.

Quote:

FIRST ROUND

1. St. Louis Rams -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: Hey, no one was exactly blown away by the start of the Keith Null Era in St. Louis. The sixth-round rookie gunslinger out of West Texas A&M (college quarterbacks coach? Ryan Leaf. I wish I was kidding.) did little to inspire the masses in his four starts at quarterback for the Rams at the end of St. Louis's abysmal 1-15 2009 campaign. But I just don't see GM Billy Devaney and coach Steve Spagnuolo letting "The Boy Named Suh" slide by them. For as bad as the Rams offense was in '09, the defense was probably worse. Suh has been compared favorably to just about every great DT in the past 20 years, most commonly Warren Sapp and Haloti Ngata. For as tempting as Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford might be for the quarterback-starved Rams, Suh's the pick. They'll get their quarterback later on. More on that in a bit.

2. Detroit Lions -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: The Lions D improved from their epically awful 2008 season in '09, but the unit was still among the league's worst. Prepare for this over the next 2-3 months: draftniks and armchair analysts breaking down the pros and cons of Nebraska's Suh and Oklahoma's McCoy, side-by-side-by-side like slabs of meat. Suh's the safe bet, but McCoy may have the greater NFL upside. Detroit will pair him with rising second-year talent Sammie Lee Hill and re-work Jim Schwartz's ailing defense from the inside out.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: A safety drafted third overall? It's rare, but it's been done before. The Browns drafted Eric Turner No. 2 overall in 1991 and Detroit took Bennie Blades No. 3 overall in 1988. Add Eric Berry to that esteemed and exclusive list of safeties taken in the top three. He's that good. In Tampa, look for Berry to play the safety position like a centerfielder ... who also happens to play shortstop, second base, catcher and first base. He'll be everywhere. With bone-breaking tackling ability and an uncanny ability to turn interceptions into six points, he's a little bit Troy Polamalu mixed with some Ed Reed. Not a bad cocktail, huh?
FOX SPORTS POLL
Who is the best franchise QB in the draft?Jimmy Clausen, Notre DameSam Bradford, OklahomaColt McCoy, TexasTim Tebow, FloridaNone of the above

4. Washington Redskins -- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame: Contrary to popular belief, Mike Shanahan doesn't have a long and storied history of plucking and grooming first-round quarterbacks. He inherited John Elway, drafted Brian Griese in the third round, and picked up Jake Plummer via Free Agency. Jay Cutler was Shanahan's first and only first-round quarterback selection in Denver.

That said, I can't see the new head man in Washington passing on a talent like Jimmy Clausen at No. 4 overall. You've got to think Jason Campbell's days in D.C. are done and it's time for a new "face of the franchise". Insert Clausen. Let Shanahan groom the golden armed golden domer, and flourish under the newly worked Redskins offense. With young receivers Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas picking it up toward the end of their second seasons, there are actually some weapons for Clausen to work with. Exciting times in D.C. Kinda.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers: Kansas City's O-line is still a work in progress, and although Oklahoma State's Russell Okung may be the "safer" bet at OT, Davis has unlimited potential. A stud in high school in New Jersey and a mauling presence on the left side of the Rutgers offensive line for the past three seasons, Davis developed into one of the country's top underclassmen in '09. He's more than an imposing presence; at 6-6, 330 lbs -- he's a monster. After a few dominant individual workouts, I look for Davis to leapfrog Okung on draft day boards and end up in Chiefs red. They'll move Branden Albert back to his natural position (guard) or to right tackle and give Davis the keys to Matt Cassel's blind side.

6. Seattle Seahawks -- Taylor Mays, S, USC: After three All-American, Pac-10 championship seasons at USC, Mays battled injuries during a down senior campaign and slipped on mock drafts across the Internet in '09. And though some assume Mays struggled because he didn't have the Cushing, Maualuga and Mathews trio in front of him this season, I can't see Pete Carroll letting him slide past Seattle's pick at No. 6. There's talk of the Seahawks drafting a quarterback here, and either Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen could be available, but I see Carroll snagging his old defensive stalwart, teaming him with 2009 first-round pick Aaron Curry, and giving the all-of-the-sudden old and creaky Seahawks defense an extreme makeover up the middle.

7. Cleveland Browns -- Joe Haden, CB, Florida: Haden may very well be the top corner to enter the league since Darrelle Revis left Pitt early in '07. In 2009, he held big-name SEC wideouts Brandon LaFell, Julio Jones and A.J. Green all but catchless. Watching him blanket highly touted Cincinnati wide receivers Mardy Gilyard and Armon Binns in the Sugar Bowl served as a clinic on how to play the position. The Browns have decent young corners in Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald, but neither is the game-changing potential All-Pros that Haden is.

8. Oakland Raiders -- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State: Forget Tom Cruise scaling a moving locomotive. Want the real Mission Impossible? Trying to crawl inside Al Davis's head and accurately guessing how he'll spend a top 10 pick. A wise choice would be taking Russell Okung, an All-American left tackle out of Oklahoma State. Tom Cable would love a prized O-lineman to groom. Then again, who knows if Tom Cable will even be the coach in '10?

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars* -- Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama: Everyone and their mother has the Jaguars grabbing Tim Tebow with this pick, selling his jersey by the millions and suddenly filling the home stadium with invigorated Tim Tebow-crazed Jaguar fans. Um, this isn't minor-league football, here. I guess it's a plausible scenario (the Jaguars roster is already loaded with ex-Gators), but I don't see Jacksonville spending top 10 money on another quarterback when David Garrard's already been given big bucks and is doing just fine under center.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-19-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9224645)
Everybody needs to stop re-posting this garbage from Pete ****ing Schrager.

Take a look at some of his "best" work. Even Russ ****ing Lande can beat this schlock. And this is just the top 10 picks, the rest of his first round is WORSE.

EDIT: This was his FEBRUARY version that year. So all the bowl games had been played.

This. That was the worst ****ing garbage committed to print evar. Completely lost me at the first sentence.

Dumbass is dumb.

warrior 12-19-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9222742)

Watched several of Arkansas games last year, Wilson's pretty good much better than Barkley.

ROYC75 12-19-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9224626)
Foxsports has him going #14 to the Jets...and the Chiefs getting Joeckel

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Offensive tackle, Texas A&M*

The Chiefs are due for a change at the quarterback position, that’s for sure. I’m just not sure that quarterback is in this draft. Make no mistake about it — there’s no Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this 2013 draft class. There may not be a Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden or Russell Wilson, either. I’ll get clobbered for this and so might their front office, but I think Kansas City is better off acquiring a veteran quarterback (Alex Smith or Matt Flynn, perhaps) than rolling the dice on a rookie quarterback who’s unworthy of the top overall selection for the sake of drafting one. Joeckel — not even ranked in the top 10 of some other mock drafts — is one of the most promising offensive tackle prospects I’ve seen in the past five years. Very athletic. Nimble. He was fantastic in Mike Sherman’s scheme and even better in Kliff Kingsbury’s. This may not inspire the fan base, but it’s a franchise cornerstone.

14. New York Jets: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas

I’ve been one of the many in the media insisting that the Jets wouldn’t eat the guaranteed $8 million Mark Sanchez is owed next season, but after Monday night’s five-turnover performance, I just don’t know how they keep him around for another year. Sanchez has regressed every year he’s been a pro, the Jets have gotten worse and the situation is altogether too toxic. New York starts anew, and with Smith and Glennon off the board, they shock the Radio City Music Hall crowd by passing on Barkley (another USC product) and grabbing Wilson, the 6-foot-2 quarterback out of Arkansas. After a huge 2011, Wilson made an Arkansas program that was reduced to rubble following Bobby Petrino’s dismissal somewhat respectable. He’s been through the fires and he’s come out on top. He’s also got a heck of an arm. This may be viewed with head-scratching in NYC, but Wilson could be the perfect fit for New York.

Hogwash!:grr:

Who are these idiots for spewing this toxic garbage.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-19-2012 03:36 PM

Either of the two give us a better future than any AFC West team

RunKC 12-19-2012 03:43 PM

Tyler Wilson is the best QB in this draft IMO. I really think that this kid can separate himself as the clear #1 guy next month.

If he's having a 2.5:1 TD/INT ratio and completing 63% of his passes with the shit he's had at Arkansas, he should be able to impress the hell out of people at the Senior Bowl with an NFL coaching staff and a level playing field.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-21-2012 08:59 PM

Hmmmmm......

2006 Draft:

1) Vince Young
2) Matt Leinart
3) Jay Cutler

RealSNR 12-21-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9230970)
Hmmmmm......

2006 Draft:

1) Vince Young
2) Matt Leinart
3) Jay Cutler

Dude, comparing Tyler Wilson to Jay Cutler is just as much of an insult as comparing Geno Smith to Vince Young. If the Bears had any common sense they would look to upgrade from Cutler ASAP.

Titty Meat 12-22-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231055)
Dude, comparing Tyler Wilson to Jay Cutler is just as much of an insult as comparing Geno Smith to Vince Young. If the Bears had any common sense they would look to upgrade from Cutler ASAP.

What?

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9231190)
What?

I just really hate Jay Cutler, that's all. Dude's ****ing garbage. He's the worst kind of garbage because to me he's not even a top 15 QB, yet the Bears invested a ton in him, and will be sticking with him for a long time trying to find the right combination of players/coaching that will work.

That's the exact same problem that the Chiefs had with Matt Cassel.

mcaj22 12-22-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231193)
I just really hate Jay Cutler, that's all. Dude's ****ing garbage. He's the worst kind of garbage because to me he's not even a top 15 QB, yet the Bears invested a ton in him, and will be sticking with him for a long time trying to find the right combination of players/coaching that will work.

That's the exact same problem that the Chiefs had with Matt Cassel.

on paper, i dont think there is 15 NFL QBs better than him. I dont like him either but unless you are being some NFL expert and predicting guys to be better than him there are not 15 current NFL QBs better

who is better than him
Big Ben
Eli
Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Luck
RG3
Romo
Ryan
Wilson?
Stafford?
Kaepernick?
Schaub?

you to start to walk a fine line of drop off after like 9 or 10 QBs. He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231202)
on paper, i dont think there is 15 NFL QBs better than him. I dont like him either but unless you are being some NFL expert and predicting guys to be better than him there are not 15 current NFL QBs better

who is better than him
Big Ben
Eli
Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Luck
RG3
Romo
Ryan
Wilson?
Stafford?
Kaepernick?
Schaub?

you to start to walk a fine line of drop off after like 9 or 10 QBs. He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

Schaub and Stafford are absolutely better than him. You forgot Brees on your list, and I would rather have Alex Smith, Newton, Vick (yes, Vick) and Rivers over Cutler.

If you disagree with those last three, then we can absolutely mix and match between Bradford, Kaep, Dalton, and Wilson.

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231202)
He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

Surely not.

Watch more Bears games. Cutler's a bitch.

mcaj22 12-22-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231208)
Schaub and Stafford are absolutely better than him. You forgot Brees on your list, and I would rather have Alex Smith, Newton, Vick (yes, Vick) and Rivers over Cutler.

If you disagree with those last three, then we can absolutely mix and match between Bradford, Kaep, Dalton, and Wilson.

i did forget Brees yes, but you are walking a fine line with some of these guys, they will never put up numbers close to Cutler. No matter how hard you want to play expert and predict. What is on paper is on paper

i hate the guy too and thinks hes stinks, but there is more bad QB play in the NFL than there is good and he falls somewhere in the middle

Nightfyre 12-22-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231214)
i did forget Brees yes, but you are walking a fine line with some of these guys, they will never put up numbers close to Cutler. No matter how hard you want to play expert and predict. What is on paper is on paper

i hate the guy too and thinks hes stinks, but there is more bad QB play in the NFL than there is good and he falls somewhere in the middle

It is irrelevant, because he is a QB who will cost you a playoff game sometime before he gets you to the Super Bowl.

Unsmooth-Moment 12-22-2012 01:54 AM

Cutler will be alright when Chicago starts investing in their pass blocking.

ROYC75 12-22-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9231263)
Cutler will be alright when Chicago starts investing in their pass blocking.

Cutler is a whiny brat that will NEVER be great or elite. He is just above average, which is nothing to get excited about.

Cutler has to have all players around him to be able to perform at a high level. They have to be good enough to carry him, IMHO, he is not a franchise QB.

BigCatDaddy 12-22-2012 08:20 AM

More Tyler less Jay please.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 08:59 PM

4) Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Wilson was expected to blossom into a standout pocket passer under the tutelage of Bobby Petrino in 2013. NFL scouts hoped to see Wilson combine his outstanding physical skills with better footwork and fundamentals in his second full season as the Razorbacks' starting quarterback. But Petrino lost his job in April thanks to a well-publicized scandal, and his departure certainly affected Wilson's development.

While Wilson performed admirably for the Razorbacks amid the chaos (completing 62.1 percent of his passes for more than 3,300 yards with 21 touchdowns against 13 interceptions), he didn't appear to take another step in his development as a player. He continued to display sloppy footwork in the pocket, which greatly contributed to his spotty accuracy and ball placement. Scouts will spend a lot of time studying the 2011 tape to see Wilson at his best. However, the fact that he slightly regressed this season is understandable, given the circumstances. In fact, some evaluators might show some leniency in their grading and withhold their final evaluation until they examine his progress over the course of the week at a college all-star game. Given Wilson's talent, potential and performance in difficult circumstances, he is the quarterback in the class who most intrigues scouts and coaches.

Plan for success: Wilson looked like one of the top quarterbacks in this draft class heading into the 2012 campaign, based on his rapid development over the course of his junior season. He displayed all of the physical tools that scouts covet in franchise quarterbacks (outstanding arm talent and anticipation) as well as experience in a pro-style system, and evaluators expected him to continue improving as a playmaker from the pocket. To set the table for Wilson's success as a pro, a franchise must surround him with a coaching staff that stresses the fundamentals of playing the position. Wilson would also benefit from playing in a system designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly on an assortment of short and intermediate passes. Although Wilson has the ability to push the ball down the field, he was at his best directing Petrino's quick-rhythm system and could emerge as a legitimate franchise quarterback in a scheme that plays to his strengths as a quick decision maker.

Pro comparison: Matt Ryan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...t-quarterbacks

Mr_Tomahawk 01-04-2013 09:04 PM

Yes Please.

CaliforniaChief 01-04-2013 09:09 PM

I still like Geno, bit if Reid thinks Wilson's the man, then I'm all in. We'll see how the evaluation period goes.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9283092)
I still like Geno, bit if Reid thinks Wilson's the man, then I'm all in. We'll see how the evaluation period goes.

If he thinks Barkley is the man, I'm good with that too.

Dave Lane 01-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9283092)

Seconded completely. Can't lose they both look great.

Tribal Warfare 01-04-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9283101)
If he thinks Barkley is the man, I'm good with that too.

Reid prefers the strong arm types if they are available.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9283266)
Reid prefers the strong arm types if they are available.

I agree. Just saying I trust him to make the right decision.

O.city 01-04-2013 09:45 PM

I think if it is a QB, which it likely will be, they'll take Geno or Wilson.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9283300)

Me too.

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 09:54 PM

Ive always like Wilson to. His concussions scare me especially with number 1 pick

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9283354)
Ive always like Wilson to. His concussions scare me especially with number 1 pick

His lack of success sans Bobby Petrino is a concern as well.

keg in kc 01-04-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9283363)
His lack of success sans Bobby Petrino is a concern as well.

As it should be.

And if Petrino had stayed and he had had a good season, I'd still be worried about the Petrino factor, and whether a Petrino guy can succeed as a pro.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9283300)

And we can feel pretty confident it WON'T be Mike Glennon.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:02 PM

There are going to be questions about scheme, old coaches etc.

Hell, Baylors offense was BETTER this year without RGIII. Doesn't make him any less of a player.

I like Wilson in that he's a bit of a gunslinger. I can take some INTs if he's consistently pushing it successfully upfield. It's to hard to score with long drives, we need big plays.

ChiefRocka 01-04-2013 10:04 PM

It's Geno, end of discussion.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:05 PM

I'm really interested in Wilson too. Like him alot.

ArrowheadMagic 01-04-2013 10:06 PM

Pre draft season, let the best QB win....then pick him.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:08 PM

Kinda how I feel. I think Geno is the better prospect, but I don't think Wilson is far behind.

Let them duke it out and take the best one. We actually have a staff in place that if they take a QB, I have confidence they will develop them.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-04-2013 10:08 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDt6saeTxHM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city 01-04-2013 10:11 PM

Mr T, i'm too lazy to do it, throw up Wilson vs LSU this year, I haven't watched it yet.

I'm actually starting to become 50 50 Geno Wilson.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-04-2013 10:14 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6PI0L7-xnk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city 01-04-2013 10:14 PM

[IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6PI0L7-xnk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

O.city 01-04-2013 10:15 PM

Shit man, I'm loving Wilson.

And Dennis Johnson would fit PERFECTLY in an Andy Reid offense.

fairladyZ 01-04-2013 10:20 PM

i like wilson ALOT.. the one thing i do have an issue with is his mechanics, he's got good footwork but he's got a big windup and throws off his back foot alot, He's windup isn't as bad as tebow's but it's pretty similar, he's got the arm strength to make good throws even off his back foot but hopefully it's something that can be fixed if we take him. Some good coaching and mechanics work and this kid could be a stud

O.city 01-04-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9283536)
i like wilson ALOT.. the one thing i do have an issue with is his mechanics, he's got good footwork but he's got a big windup and throws off his back foot alot, He's windup isn't as bad as tebow's but it's pretty similar, he's got the arm strength to make good throws even off his back foot but hopefully it's something that can be fixed if we take him. Some good coaching and mechanics work and this kid could be a stud

Windup? He keeps it above the plane, theres no wasted motion.

fairladyZ 01-04-2013 10:23 PM

i've seen him drop it down by his hip and come out sidearm quite abit. sometimes he steps into it and sometimes he throws off his back foot. Just saying it needs some work i think to not be a huge issue in the NFL, hell it may not even be an issue but still think he needs to shorten it up a little bit

fairladyZ 01-04-2013 10:25 PM

prime example is in his 2012 highlights that were just posted... At 0:18 the throw he makes watch his windup, ball comes down below his hip as he rolls his wrist over top of it during the windup...

O.city 01-04-2013 10:27 PM

I'll take Kevin Minter as well.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9283572)
prime example is in his 2012 highlights that were just posted... At 0:18 the throw he makes watch his windup, ball comes down below his hip as he rolls his wrist over top of it during the windup...

Yeah, he does that sometimes.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:29 PM

He is able to use alot of different arm angles, which I like.

clyde05 01-04-2013 10:30 PM

I prefer Geno but wouldn't mind Wilson, just hope it's not Barkley.

fairladyZ 01-04-2013 10:32 PM

i think smith, wilson, and barkley all have ups and down, + and -'s but i think if i have my choice it would be wilson. I do like murray alot to though so we'll see if he declares.

O.city 01-04-2013 10:33 PM

I think Smith has the most upside of those three, but I would take any one.

gohogs14 01-04-2013 10:39 PM

He's always kinda had a sidearm delivery at times, might be because he was a pretty good pitcher in high school...the staff before petrino didn't offer him because they thought he would go to the MLB. He had trouble taking a snap from under center when he first got here because he ran all shotgun in high school but he got over that pretty quickly so i think he can be coached out of it.

He's hired the same agent as matt barkley, Tom Condon

O.city 01-04-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9283645)
He's always kinda had a sidearm delivery at times, might be because he was a pretty good pitcher in high school...the staff before petrino didn't offer him because they thought he would go to the MLB. He had trouble taking a snap from under center when he first got here because he ran all shotgun in high school but he got over that pretty quickly so i think he can be coached out of it.

He's hired the same agent as matt barkley, Tom Condon

Well, you know had we kept Pioli we wouldn't have drafted either of those guys.

KChiefs1 01-05-2013 12:12 AM

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

wazu 01-05-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9284012)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

1. We don't need another ****ing OT.
2. Tyler Wilson isn't making it out of the first round.

RunKC 01-05-2013 12:15 AM

There is no way in hell Tyler Wilson falls to the 2nd round.

C-Mac 01-05-2013 12:30 AM

Ive watched a lot Wilson games and IMO, he does have the "it" factor.
Almost Farveesk, a fierce competitor and leader.
Played well against the toughest defense's in college.
He will make someone a heck of a QB, I would love to see him in a Chiefs uni.

Molitoth 01-05-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9284058)
Almost Farveesk, a fierce competitor and leader.

I agree, he reminds of Favre quite a bit.
He won't make it out of the first round.