ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Chiefs=Champions 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

This is just sad. No other words for it. What a horrible year to be a chiefs fan. My thoughts go out to you all, the family, those who witnessed it and especially the baby.

stevenidol 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9166978)
Just another situation where football is more important than real life. Goodell orders the panthers to fly down kansas city after coaches, GM and potential players just witnessed a murder suicide. Goodell is a scumbag rat.

I am sure they are still working on a decision but right now proceed as normal. If the players have to turn around and go back to Charlotte it's not a big deal at this point.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167040)
Yeah, but if it was your kid you'd want to know why before you call him a murderer. It's easy to call someone a murderer because this incident doesn't pertain to your family.

Please shut up

You decided to come into this thread and posted personal insults for no reason first. You need to check your internet bully and STFU.

He's a murderer and selfish prick. Doesn't matter how he got there. He's still a murderer and a selfish prick.

Coach 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Just awful.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Alot of batshit crazy people in here.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167061)
You decided to come into this thread and post personal insults first. You need to check your internet bully and STFU.

Oh wow.

|Zach| 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

The mental toll on these guys is crazy.

You just never really know what is going on with someone.

Calcountry 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan (Post 9166572)
Maybe some of you guys who would tell cassel to kill himself in game threads will stop now.

This.

I have heard the name of Jesus mentioned in this thread.

Perhaps some of you all, should push back from the football table just a wee bit, and ponder the meaning and purpose of your lives.

Sobering, troubling, and shocking to say the least.

My condolences and heart felt grief to the families and loved ones involved in this tragedy.

jAZ 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9166992)
I don't care to get into a big argument but I disagree.

As far as prayers for the families I'm sure they'll need them...

I don't know enough to agree or disagree. I'm just keeping it as a consideration. Plenty of time to judge the facts when they are out there.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9167063)
Alot of batshit crazy people in here.

/BRC

tk13 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

I was having a good morning until I just logged online and saw this. Brutal. No words. There's no need for armchair psychology or to act like you're a badass who doesn't care. This is sad any way you cut it, and the facts will come out.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9167057)
Asinine assessment.

Beyond asinine. Batshit crazy. JFC people are insane.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9167045)
If true, this is a drug related tragedy.

Got drunk off drugs?
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Sports 810 radio has Belcher's picture on it's home page

luv 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

I think that, along with not passing judgment on players and/or coaches, we shouldn't pass judgment on each other either. Some outlandish things being said here for sure, but people are kind of shocked and everyone processes information differently. Just let people say their peace and move on. Nothing that ANY of us thinks matters right now. Everything is just speculation until all of the facts are put together by the professionals.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

Jack Harry was intimating that Pioli was trying to help Belcher. Knowing how much Harry hates Pioli I don't think that he'd be spinning for him at all.

I think this is going to big a huge wake up call to the local media haters and many fans.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Belcher was a fourth-year reserve linebacker who went undrafted out of the University of Maine in 2009. He signed with Kansas City as a collegiate free agent after the draft. As details of the shootings continue to come in, a Chiefs team source said Kansas City officials are still in the early stages of dealing with the tragedy.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DotLFc9x
From the Don Banks SI Article

:facepalm:

JFC. The man is dead, Don. The least you could do is get your information straight, you ****ing idiot

Bwana 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167048)
I think the fact that this happened at Arrowhead is more than symbolic.

:spock:

Chiefnj2 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

The league should really reschedule the game.

HMc 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167034)
Please explain to me how an empty stadium and constant ridicule of the job that you spend several dozen hours a week trying to perfect is not even a little bit of a stressor. I'd be interested to hear your rationale.

I don't know since I'm not in their shoes. The dancing boys didn't appear too stressed the other day, at least not too me. You're the one claiming certainty. I have no idea as to whether the individual players' stress levels increased as a result of the fan movement, and neither do you.

For all you know Belcher had much bigger problems and didn't pay the SOC stuff even a single thought. How could you possibly know? Shit, maybe some of them liked it?

Raiderhater 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Go find the nearest tall bridge and throw yourself off of it. JFC

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

The Hunts could adopt the child.

Pilsner 12-01-2012 11:16 AM

This is awful. Wow.

Canofbier 12-01-2012 11:17 AM

I am not blaming the movement for this incident. I am not blaming Pioli for this incident. The only person actually at fault for this horrible tragedy is Belcher. He had issues FAR deeper than a stressful work environment, and something bad was bound to happen eventually.

I'm just saying that the huge combination of negative things happening around Arrowhead may have contributed in some small fashion to this happening when and how it did, and it makes my previous outrage and the team and its leadership seem shallow in hindsight. Those are my personal feelings on the matter, and if you disagree, that's entirely understandable. What I don't understand is the anger directed towards me.

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 11:17 AM

I can't even describe how stunned and horrified I am at the news.

Scalper 12-01-2012 11:17 AM

Human nature says cancel the game

Chiefnj2 12-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167075)
Jack Harry was intimating that Pioli was trying to help Belcher. Knowing how much Harry hates Pioli I don't think that he'd be spinning for him at all.

I think this is going to big a huge wake up call to the local media haters and many fans.

Of course he was trying to help the kid. Are people this stupid? What do you think he was doing, giving him keys to the roof access so he could jump off Arrowhead??

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Go **** yourself

notorious 12-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

In what way?

alnorth 12-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9166967)
Prayers for the family, especially the child. Nobody knows what the context of the situation, or this man's life, so it's not right to be so quick to pass judgement. The guy clearly had some demons, but he made a very rash decision on impulse that will continue to effect the lives of many.

Just knowing that its a murder-suicide without any other details, we know enough to condemn him. If people want to pray on it, they should pray for those he hurt. Jovan Belcher should not be memorialized tomorrow.

ku_jhawk23 12-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9166998)
That the mother was there and witnessed it and was left unharmed and the fact he went to Arrowhead to thank the Pioli\Crennel before offing himself.

I am obviously just speculating...

You obviously should refrain from speculating. The fact that there was an unharmed witness actually lends more to the theory that it was passion/accident than pre-meditated.

hometeam 12-01-2012 11:18 AM

Fece just blocked me on facebook after declaring his podcasts are over. All I did was post on COnnie Jo's status claiming Belcher was a good hearted man, that good hearted men dont kill people. NO MATTER WHAT happens.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

Another thread ruined by a ****ing slampig whore Denise. Someone who pops up here for no reason other than to spew her ****ing menopausal rants.

You're the most insufferable pig to walk the earth.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

I don't think this will effect anyone's opinion of Pioli in a football GM sense. You are a ****ing idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

And I would agree rescheduling the game would probably be a good idea... but Goodell probably won't let it happen. I do think these guys will want to get back to football but to do it 24 hours after this happened is brutal.

Bewbies 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

This is unbearably sad.

HMc 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Why? This wasn't a reasonably foreseeable event. Pioli is still a shitty GM. The team is still awful.

I think you're desperate to connect this horrible event to other things that you don't like.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Please shut up.

Bump 12-01-2012 11:19 AM

that's just tragic. That poor kid, hopefully they have good grand parents or family. Very sad.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Well done, CBS Sports.

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting decision by @CBSSports to post the "fantasy impact" of Jovan Belcher's death.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9Cz-4aCEAEJpKq.jpg:large

scho63 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

On Fox News as well

Ming the Merciless 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Holy shit

Wow

Ace Gunner 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9167066)

True.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

I really don't have words.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Can we please ban Denise already?

Pioli may be a prick of a GM, but he's a human being and I'm sure he tried to help Jovan.

Jesus ****ing christ.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Wake up call? WTF are you talking about?

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 11:20 AM

Chilling timeline.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Chiefs trying to organize meetings, prepare for game, and deal with this horrific turn of events.

Chiefs are shocked, Belcher had no history of anything like this, seen as a good kid, close to Crennel. he recently had child w/girlfriend..

The player shot himself in front of team facility. again police not yet confirmed it was Belcher but multiple sources say it was...

Snapped said Pioli and Crennel were talking to player, he thanked them and then officer on scene heard gunshot as he got out of car...

the victim died a short time later. At 8:10 call of armed suspect marching that description in parking lot at Arrowhead practice facility...

Officer Snapp said police called at 7:50am to 5400 block Chrysler Ave., were told a current Chief had shot his girlfriend "multiple times"..

of the player yet to allow time for family notification but team sources say it was LB Jovan Belcher, as reported.

KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

The team was moved to Arrowhead Stadium in the wake of the incident. more details forthcoming at @CBSSports .

Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team's facility today, source said...

luv 12-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167096)
And I would agree rescheduling the game would probably be a good idea... but Goodell probably won't let it happen. I do think these guys will want to get back to football but to do it 24 hours after this happened is brutal.

How long do you give? Make it a Monday night double header? Wait until after the funerals?

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 11:21 AM

Seeing the pictures just drives it home... Damn

SAUTO 12-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167094)
Another thread ruined by a ****ing slampig whore Denise. Someone who pops up here for no reason other than to spew her ****ing menopausal rants.

can someone just ban her from this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167096)

The furthest it could be pushed back is Monday

jAZ 12-01-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9167074)
I think that, along with not passing judgment on players and/or coaches, we shouldn't pass judgment on each other either. Some outlandish things being said here for sure, but people are kind of shocked and everyone processes information differently. Just let people say their peace and move on. Nothing that ANY of us thinks matters right now. Everything is just speculation until all of the facts are put together by the professionals.

Quoted for truth.

Bowser 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

I feel for Pioli the guy. He's going to have nightmares about this for years. Nobody should have to go through that.

I still don't care for Pioli the general manager, and I don't see that ever changing. But, that's really not important right now. So kindly get your ass down off your soapbox and stop using this tradgedy as an excuse to white knight Pioli.

You don't like the SOC movement. We get it. Nobody cares.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167084)

I'm just saying that the huge combination of negative things happening around Arrowhead may have contributed in some small fashion to this happening when and how it did, and it makes my previous outrage and the team and its leadership seem shallow in hindsight.

Oh for ****'s sake.

Let that go...

quailchaser 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

A very sad event, i have no words and cant imagine what the chiefs are gng through.

HMc 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167084)
I am not blaming the movement for this incident. I am not blaming Pioli for this incident. The only person actually at fault for this horrible tragedy is Belcher. He had issues FAR deeper than a stressful work environment, and something bad was bound to happen eventually.

I'm just saying that the huge combination of negative things happening around Arrowhead may have contributed in some small fashion to this happening when and how it did, and it makes my previous outrage and the team and its leadership seem shallow in hindsight. Those are my personal feelings on the matter, and if you disagree, that's entirely understandable. What I don't understand is the anger directed towards me.

And maybe he got a parking ticket and that pissed him off. Doesn't mean the guy that wrote the ticket was responsible for what happened.

Deberg_1990 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9167066)

Agreed. Especially a guy Like Belcher who wasn't a star. Every week he's in danger of losing his job.

Sad situation for all involved. I refuse to pass judgement until we have more information. RIP....
Posted via Mobile Device

CosmicPal 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

My prayers go out to her family. What a horrible season this has been for all of us. Just awful.

I am simply numbed and saddened by this. Don't know what to say but that I feel for the family and hope they find the strength in prayer and each other to get over this.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9167095)
I don't think this will effect anyone's opinion of Pioli in a football GM sense. You are a ****ing idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

On this we agree. Pioli's job performance and him witnessing a violent selfish act are totally separate things.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167094)

ROFL

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9167099)
Why? This wasn't a reasonably foreseeable event. Pioli is still a shitty GM. The team is still awful.

I think you're desperate to connect this horrible event to other things that you don't like.

Well, just watching the local media this morning. Jack Harry seemed down right rattled and a tad remorseful. Their morning anchor saying OUT LOUD (how dare she) that these players need support and they aren't getting it.

notorious 12-01-2012 11:23 AM

Pioli and Crennel will never fully recover from this.

Munson 12-01-2012 11:23 AM

Damn, that is ****ed up.

Any word on the motive?

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2012 11:23 AM

Holy ****.

jAZ 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167115)
The furthest it could be pushed back is Monday

I posted this earlier, and I'm not clear why this isn't possbile.

Push the game to the Thursday after the final MNF game of the season. The one just before Wildcard Weekend.

Neither team is playing the next Saturday.

Raiderhater 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167109)
Can we please ban Denise already?

Pioli may be a prick of a GM, but he's a human being and I'm sure he tried to help Jovan.

Jesus ****ing christ.

This times eternity!!! How the fuck the worthless gash ever made it through the 9/11 days with out being banned is beyond me. It is way past time to do away with her. She brings nothing of value to the board.

Brock 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

You are seriously a worthless human being.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167124)
On this we agree. Pioli's job performance and him witnessing a violent selfish act are totally separate things.

Well if he did try to talk some sense into Belcher knowing he had a gun and was working to save one of his players lives then in MY book his job as a human being trumps his shitty job as GM.

baitism 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Stop trying to combine Pioli personally and professionally. He may be a really nice and caring guy, but he can't run a football franchise for shit.

Also, people trying to say the Chiefs on the field performance had anything to do with a crime of passion are ****ing braindead.

mnchiefsguy 12-01-2012 11:24 AM

Sad, sad day in KC. Prayers for his family, his girlfriend's family, and especially his child.

CoMoChief 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167082)
The Hunts should adopt the child.

this is dumb. why?

Canofbier 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167050)
Lmao

You're and idiot

Your personal attacks do a lot to improve your credibility. Not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9167080)
I don't know since I'm not in their shoes. The dancing boys didn't appear too stressed the other day, at least not too me. You're the one claiming certainty. I have no idea as to whether the individual players' stress levels increased as a result of the fan movement, and neither do you.

For all you know Belcher had much bigger problems and didn't pay the SOC stuff even a single thought. How could you possibly know? Shit, maybe some of them liked it?

The only thing I claimed to be "certain" of was the possibility of the environment at Arrowhead being one of many things that caused him to snap. I haven't claimed to be any more positive about his real motivations than you or anybody else in this thread. If you got that impression from my previous posts, then there's been a miscommunication.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...#storylink=cpy
Quote:

Police said Chiefs staff attempted to keep Belcher from committing additional acts of violence. When police arrived, they heard a gunshot and found that Belcher had shot himself in the head.
**** each and everyone of you who made a comment with zero ****ing evidence assuming that Pioli wasn't trying to prevent the situation from escalating.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Just crazy news.

scho63 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

I can only think of a few reasons this would happen....

His girlfriend was trying to leave him

He found out the baby wasn't his

He was bipolar and on some sort of anti-depressant

A Salt Weapon 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Wow, I am glad to hear that the child was not harmed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9167133)
This times eternity!!! How the fuck the worthless gash ever made it through the 9/11 days with out being banned is beyond me. It is way past time to do away with her. She brings nothing of value to the board.

You ****ers voted to keep her.

Enjoy...

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9167132)
I posted this earlier, and I'm not clear why this isn't possbile.

Push the game to the Thursday after the final MNF game of the season. The one just before Wildcard Weekend.

Neither team is playing the next Saturday.

This is gonna sound lame to most but fantasy football is too big, too much of a cash cow...the furthest this game goes is Monday

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9167133)

I'm not banned because I don't break the rules. Posting opinions you don't like is not a bannable offense. USE THE FREAKING IGNORE BUTTON.

Cannibal 12-01-2012 11:25 AM

Denise is trying to blame it on the fans LMAO

What a fat twat.