ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Mr. Plow 12-06-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9184861)
Wow. That was a really rambling and disjointed post.

Yes, yes it was. LMAO

Saul Good 12-06-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9184867)
Yes, yes it was. LMAO

I find myself doing that when I post from my phone. It takes so long with swype that longer posts tend to turn into a bunch of underdeveloped ideas with little cohesion. Is this what KCnut feels like 24/7?

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-06-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9184861)
Wow. That was a really rambling and disjointed post.

but you're right... the Big12 sucks this year. The Big 10 is actually looking very, very strong.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9184886)
I find myself doing that when I post from my phone. It takes so long with swype that longer posts tend to turn into a bunch of underdeveloped ideas with little cohesion. Is this what KCnut feels like 24/7?

LMAO

Saul Good 12-06-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9184893)
but you're right... the Big12 sucks this year. The Big 10 is actually looking very, very strong.

Big 10 looks like a juggernaut this year.

CoMoChief 12-06-2012 11:48 AM

That 2007 MU KU game at Arrowhead was the best football game I've ever been to. It sure as hell was the funnest. GREAT atmosphere...too bad the teams are never consistently good to really hype up the event. That's what makes a rivalry great...

Chief_For_Life58 12-06-2012 11:57 AM

buffs n Tad are comin into allen to rape erybodi...ROLLTAD

mnchiefsguy 12-06-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9184767)
Give it time man, you know KU/MU will play again. It's too important to both schools.

Given that KU has shown its own hypocrisy by scheduling another team that left the Big XII, I have to agree. Eventually it will happen. But, if enough time passes, will it ever mean what it once did?

Reerun_KC 12-06-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9185264)
Given that KU has shown its own hypocrisy by scheduling another team that left the Big XII, I have to agree. Eventually it will happen. But, if enough time passes, will it ever mean what it once did?

No... its over permanently....

Messier 12-06-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Not sure its hypocrisy. Did Self and KU say we won't play any former B12 team? I really can't remember if he was talking about MU only, or if he said something about every school that left.

Braincase 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9185278)
No... its over permanently....

Maybe if MU were to hire a Kansas Alum as the head coach, like Colorado did.

Saul Good 12-06-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9185308)
Not sure its hypocrisy. Did Self and KU say we won't play any former B12 team? I really can't remember if he was talking about MU only, or if he said something about every school that left.

Either way, it's hypocritical. The first scenario would just make add a lie to the hypocrisy.

Lzen 12-06-2012 02:53 PM

It is not hypocritical. First, the situation regarding KU's relationship is way different than it's relationship to MU. Second, he never really said never.

"To me it's a great rivalry, one of the best in college basketball without question, but I don't think I would be interested in having a once a year game like I did when I was at Illinois, playing Missouri," Self said.

"I could probably change my mind (but) trust me, we would have no trouble finding another nonleague game to play. I love the rivalry. Playing home and home in the league is great and all those things ... (but) I can't imagine, why would we continue playing?

"If they choose to be somewhere other than with us and with the other schools that they've been a part of and could jeopardize the future of the other schools ... I'm not going to make a commitment now that we'd ever play again. I'm not saying we won't. I'm certainly not going to pretend that we would."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,wp5177

Mr. Plow 12-06-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Meh. Did anyone even care that Colorado left?

Saul Good 12-06-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9185622)
It is not hypocritical. First, the situation regarding KU's relationship is way different than it's relationship to MU. Second, he never really said never.

"To me it's a great rivalry, one of the best in college basketball without question, but I don't think I would be interested in having a once a year game like I did when I was at Illinois, playing Missouri," Self said.

"I could probably change my mind (but) trust me, we would have no trouble finding another nonleague game to play. I love the rivalry. Playing home and home in the league is great and all those things ... (but) I can't imagine, why would we continue playing?

"If they choose to be somewhere other than with us and with the other schools that they've been a part of and could jeopardize the future of the other schools ... I'm not going to make a commitment now that we'd ever play again. I'm not saying we won't. I'm certainly not going to pretend that we would."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,wp5177

What did he say about Mizzou that isn't also true of Colorado?