ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

displacedinMN 09-01-2023 08:51 AM

acc becomes the Bi-coastal conference

tredadda 09-01-2023 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17083026)
So does that leave Oregon State and Washington homeless at the moment?

Man - the friggen Pac 10 really just vanished. That's remarkable.

20 years ago that would've seemed as unlikely as the SEC imploding would be to us now.

It seems they are all that is left. Maybe they become the PAC-2. Guaranteed one of them will win the conference every year. Most likely though is they join the MWC. At this point no other conference wants them. The MWC snags two bigger name schools while WSU and Oregon State aren't left completely homeless.

GloucesterChief 09-01-2023 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17083072)
It seems they are all that is left. Maybe they become the PAC-2. Guaranteed one of them will win the conference every year. Most likely though is they join the MWC. At this point no other conference wants them. The MWC snags two bigger name schools while WSU and Oregon State aren't left completely homeless.

It will be a merger where the MWC takes the Pac-12 name. Now, what happens to the remaining Pac-12 assets remains to be seen. The current belief is that OSU and WSU would own them all including future revenue shares generated by former members for stuff like tournaments.

So the MWC and Pac 12 merge to form the new PAC and probably grab UTSA, Gonzaga (basketball only), and another member like North Texas.

DCTwister 09-01-2023 09:28 AM

Can you imagine being on the ****in' softball or cross country team and having to travel from CA to NC/etc. for every ****ing game? **** that.
I feel for the kids in the non-revenue sports. I would fully favor having FB and MBB have a totally different conference structure than the non-revenue sports. But that would make too much sense.

FloridaMan88 09-01-2023 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17083010)
Not sure why they did this as neither Cal or Stanford add anything to the ACC besides two more mouths to feed. SMU isn't getting anything for a while, so the ACC loses nothing adding them.

The ACC is on borrowed time… FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Virginia, etc. will continue to look for a way out of the GOR and jump to the Big 10 or SEC as soon as the opportunity is available.

Frosty 09-01-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 17083092)
It will be a merger where the MWC takes the Pac-12 name. Now, what happens to the remaining Pac-12 assets remains to be seen. The current belief is that OSU and WSU would own them all including future revenue shares generated by former members for stuff like tournaments.

So the MWC and Pac 12 merge to form the new PAC and probably grab UTSA, Gonzaga (basketball only), and another member like North Texas.

Even if that happens, we're still ****ed. We aren't going to have near the money and our good players and coaches are going to get poached by the power (now) 4 conference schools. Both schools are looking at large debts from recent stadium renovations, too. This whole thing ****ing sucks.

GloucesterChief 09-01-2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 17083448)
Even if that happens, we're still ****ed. We aren't going to have near the money and our good players and coaches are going to get poached by the power (now) 4 conference schools. Both schools are looking at large debts from recent stadium renovations, too. This whole thing ****ing sucks.

Left over Pac-12 assets and media shares are about 200 million. The conference as a legal entity with members just has to exist by Aug,1 2024.

So you create the new Pac conference.

Pac North:
WSU
OSU
Boise St
SJSU
Utah St
Wyoming
Colorado St
Nevada

Pac South:
SDSU
Fresno St
Hawaii (Football Only)
UNLV
Air Force
New Mexico
UTSA
One of North Texas, Rice, Tulane, UTEP, etc.

Chief Pagan 09-01-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTwister (Post 17083100)
Can you imagine being on the ****in' softball or cross country team and having to travel from CA to NC/etc. for every ****ing game? **** that.
I feel for the kids in the non-revenue sports. I would fully favor having FB and MBB have a totally different conference structure than the non-revenue sports. But that would make too much sense.

Can you imagine being the coach of the softball or cross country team and trying to recruit?

Okay, you can offer a scholarship to a prestigious academic school but as a sought after athlete, I'm thinking twice, and thinking again about signing up for that crap traveling schedule.

sedated 09-01-2023 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17083655)
Can you imagine being the coach of the softball or cross country team and trying to recruit?

Okay, you can offer a scholarship to a prestigious academic school but as a sought after athlete, I'm thinking twice, and thinking again about signing up for that crap traveling schedule.

Don't the lower level sports do their own thing despite conference already?

Track and field has a different scheduling dynamic than football/basketball, but I looked at Kansas' schedule and there is nothing outside the midwest (Nebraska, Texas, Iowa, Arkansas). They did go to Stanford, though.

I don't know how softball scheduling works but noticed in last year's schedule they didn't go to West Virginia, maybe that was just coincidence.

GloucesterChief 09-01-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 17083674)
Don't the lower level sports do their own thing despite conference already?

Track and field has a different scheduling dynamic than football/basketball, but I looked at Kansas' schedule and there is nothing outside the midwest (Nebraska, Texas, Iowa, Arkansas). They did go to Stanford, though.

I don't know how softball scheduling works but noticed in last year's schedule they didn't go to West Virginia, maybe that was just coincidence.

As I understand it Track, Tennis, Rowing, Swimming, and maybe some other sports have Meets rather than a set amount of games and these tend to be more regional with many schools participating. It is soccer, baseball, basketball, softball, and volleyball that will bear the brunt of the schedule.

tredadda 09-01-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17083655)

Considering post collegiate prospects for a career in softball and cross country I would jump on a scholarship to a Stanford or Cal in a heartbeat.

FloridaMan88 09-01-2023 04:52 PM

SMU won’t get any media rights fees from the ACC for NINE years. LMAO

The ACC won’t be in existence by then.

RustShack 09-01-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17083028)
acc becomes the Bi-coastal conference

All Coasts Conference.

Chief Pagan 09-02-2023 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17083702)
Considering post collegiate prospects for a career in softball and cross country I would jump on a scholarship to a Stanford or Cal in a heartbeat.

And no doubt somebody will.

But for a dramatically reduced amount of travel, that scholarship to Duke is going to look mighty tempting for the top prospect...

Old Dog 09-02-2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17083768)
SMU won’t get any media rights fees from the ACC for NINE years. LMAO

The ACC won’t be in existence by then.

IF I am understanding it correctly the current ACC grant of rights runs through 2036 as long as they don't go below 12 teams, so it should. Who the hell knows at this point though.