ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-31-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9368360)
Who the balls is Shart Zobel?

One of the biggest morons covering football alive....that eats alot of tomatoes apparently.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9368204)
So going by the logic used here when weinke said good things about geno, of course dilfer is going to say that about his friend. He wants him to be a starter somewhere next year.

Yep.

Dilfer is friends with Alex Smith. Everything he says is candy-coated. Therefore, using him as a source it useless.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9367879)
Has geno actually gotten any hype anywhere outside of here? How is he overhyped?

Go over to the NFLDC forums. It's the same shit over there:

"He's awesome."
"He sucks!"
"He's awesome."
"He sucks!"

The thing about it though is that most of them aren't even Chiefs fans, so it's interesting.

Chiefnj2 01-31-2013 05:17 PM

When the NFL season ended I went to a bunch of different forums for teams with top 10 picks and the general fan consensus was that Smith isn't anything special. Nothing like the hype on this board.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-31-2013 05:20 PM

Good for you Mr. Contrarian

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9368456)
When the NFL season ended I went to a bunch of different forums for teams with top 10 picks and the general fan consensus was that Smith isn't anything special. Nothing like the hype on this board.

Other teams have stupid fans.

Who wooda thunk it?

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:37 PM

you know what bothers me?

This press I'm seeing about Harbaugh claiming a few years back that not only was Kaepernick the #1 QB on his board...but the best player in the draft!!!!!

If he thought this...why did he wait until #34 to draft him? Why not take him where they took Alex Smith?

I hope Dorsey doesn't think he can wait like that for Geno or his #1 QB.

RealSNR 01-31-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9368456)

If I were a fan of a team like the Lions with a franchise QB in place and you asked me what I thought of Geno Smith, I'd probably just blindly tell you what I've heard from online draft reports. I would be watching college football looking for players that my team needs and is likely to draft. I might catch one or two West Virginia games all year.

I imagine that's what a bunch of fans do.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-31-2013 05:41 PM

...and many just go durrrrr WVU went 7-5, he sucks ass.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368501)
This press I'm seeing about Harbaugh claiming a few years back that not only was Kaepernick the #1 QB on his board...but the best player in the draft!!!!!

He's lying. Period.

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:54 PM

well it was his dad who said it and the quote was when he asked them who they were going to take on day 2 and Jim didn't even want to tell his own dad...

I remember REALLY wanting Colin Kaepernick after reading up about him on this board...too bad.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368536)
well it was his dad who said it and the quote was when he asked them who they were going to take on day 2 and Jim didn't even want to tell his own dad...

I remember REALLY wanting Colin Kaepernick after reading up about him on this board...too bad.

If he was the absolute best player on their board, they wouldn't have waited until all 31 other teams had picked before taking him.

That's just silly.

Hootie 01-31-2013 05:57 PM

I agree. I found it pretty far fetched as well. But hey, he certainly does appear to be the best football player from that class. Remarkable. Cam who?

htismaqe 01-31-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368548)
I agree. I found it pretty far fetched as well. But hey, he certainly does appear to be the best football player from that class. Remarkable. Cam who?

He plays on a much better team than Cam, to be fair.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:01 PM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd tell a story about Marcellus Wiley on the radio yesterday on my drive to work and he was asking him how he came out of Compton, California and go to an Ivy league school despite all of his "friends" getting caught up in drugs and gang activity etc...and he told Colin it was because he had a strong dad.

RGIII seems like he has a strong father. Colin Kaepernick certainly adores his two parent household.

Kind of wish ol' Geno had one of those. My only concern, really.