ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

KC_Connection 12-09-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9190993)
:rolleyes:

I thought that was a pretty accurate approximation of their skill levels considering one is in the NBA and the other can't play more than 30 seconds in the NCAA without making an egregious mistake.

Buehler445 12-09-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9190838)
Funny how people forget. Tyshawn Taylor commited some of the worst turnovers I've ever seen and did it routinly for years. He'd run a hundred miles an hour out of control and when Self benched him he'd go on facebook rampages and say asinine BS to the media about wanting to transfer. Tharpe hasn't been even close to two percent of the A-hole taylor was.

Yeah. And one of the Morris twins got arrested (IIRC) for shooting someone out their dorm window with an airsoft gun. Morningstar got a DUI. Collins showed his dong to a chick in the elevator.

Look the fact is these kids are 18-22 years old and treated like they are untouchable. They do dumb shit because they are dumb kids.

Mr. Laz 12-09-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9190838)
Funny how people forget. Tyshawn Taylor commited some of the worst turnovers I've ever seen and did it routinly for years. He'd run a hundred miles an hour out of control and when Self benched him he'd go on facebook rampages and say asinine BS to the media about wanting to transfer. Tharpe hasn't been even close to two percent of the A-hole taylor was.

oooooooooooooooooooooo ... Kcc is coming after you.

Silock 12-09-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9191179)
I thought that was a pretty accurate approximation of their skill levels considering one is in the NBA and the other can't play more than 30 seconds in the NCAA without making an egregious mistake.

He's only averaging 1.4 TOs per game in nearly 17 minutes. He's getting better on D. He isn't the best ever, but he's far better than most give him credit for.

HolyHandgernade 12-09-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9191199)
Yeah. And one of the Morris twins got arrested (IIRC) for shooting someone out their dorm window with an airsoft gun. Morningstar got a DUI. Collins showed his dong to a chick in the elevator.

Look the fact is these kids are 18-22 years old and treated like they are untouchable. They do dumb shit because they are dumb kids.

I disagree. It isn't just dumb kids that do dumb stuff, all kids do dumb stuff, to varying degrees. Its called maturing. The better question is did they learn from it?People say these kids are treated like they are untouchable, but if you actually watched their lives, you would probably find out they are more structured than any of us lead. Most of us wouldn't expend a tenth of the energy they do daily. They have to go to tutoring and team events. It actually takes up a good portion of their day.

Kids make stupid decisions, sometimes out of spite, sometimes out of ignorance, sometimes out of boredom. I think, for the most part, they do a tremendous job under conditions most of us never had to bear quite so publicly. We're the ones who create this. We're the ones who will spend gobs of money to see people with extraordinary skill exhibit it for us in some fashion. We like to be entertained, so I don't know why we should be surprised that our colorful entertainers are, well, colorful sometimes.

The larger question shouldn't be what they once did, it should be about who they have become. Sure, it can be frustrating watching maturation processes, but it is actually why I like watching college sports. To see kids grow both athletically and socially. Maybe that's easier to do once you've become a parent, because you can empathize a bit more.

KC_Connection 12-09-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9191324)
He's only averaging 1.4 TOs per game in nearly 17 minutes. He's getting better on D. He isn't the best ever, but he's far better than most give him credit for.

He loses his man on about half of his defensive possessions instead of all of them. I guess that's progress.

I could get into an entire advanced statistics spiel on just how bad Tharpe has been this season (his dismal 9.1 PER, 40% TS, and 37% eFG would enter into that) or I could just point to the fact that Self has been trying out Kevin Young (!) as a backup PG in practice because of just how poorly Tharpe has played. But neither would be as effective in proving my point about him as just watching Tharpe play the game of basketball.

Buehler445 12-09-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9191328)
I disagree. It isn't just dumb kids that do dumb stuff, all kids do dumb stuff, to varying degrees. Its called maturing. The better question is did they learn from it?People say these kids are treated like they are untouchable, but if you actually watched their lives, you would probably find out they are more structured than any of us lead. Most of us wouldn't expend a tenth of the energy they do daily. They have to go to tutoring and team events. It actually takes up a good portion of their day.

Kids make stupid decisions, sometimes out of spite, sometimes out of ignorance, sometimes out of boredom. I think, for the most part, they do a tremendous job under conditions most of us never had to bear quite so publicly. We're the ones who create this. We're the ones who will spend gobs of money to see people with extraordinary skill exhibit it for us in some fashion. We like to be entertained, so I don't know why we should be surprised that our colorful entertainers are, well, colorful sometimes.

The larger question shouldn't be what they once did, it should be about who they have become. Sure, it can be frustrating watching maturation processes, but it is actually why I like watching college sports. To see kids grow both athletically and socially. Maybe that's easier to do once you've become a parent, because you can empathize a bit more.

I'm not bitching. I agree that they do a great job of keeping the kids from being kids. But thinking shit like Taylor did is an anomaly is off base.

Silock 12-09-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9191472)
He loses his man on about half of his defensive possessions instead of all of them. I guess that's progress.

I could get into an entire advanced statistics spiel on just how bad Tharpe has been this season (his dismal 9.1 PER, 40% TS, and 37% eFG would enter into that) or I could just point to the fact that Self has been trying out Kevin Young (!) as a backup PG in practice because of just how poorly Tharpe has played. But neither would be as effective in proving my point about him as just watching Tharpe play the game of basketball.

Self is just trying to motivate him to play better. He hasn't been great, but he has potential.

BWillie 12-09-2012 02:14 PM

Things KU fans need to accept.

Tharpe should never start on a KU team.

EJ does not have the mentality to drive and draw contact the way great players that have his physical tools.

Rio Adams is not a point guard, hes a combo guard.

Perry Ellis will be a great scorer but should struggle as a post defender.

We should have recruited Travis Relefords brother and Semi Olejeye.

We may have the worst group of walk ons in the last two decades, but they are high character guys.

Somebody else will probably transfer. Our recruiting class next year is that good.

Prison Bitch 12-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9192696)
Things KU fans need to accept.

I didn't read that, because I assume whatever you posted will still lead to the same result that every season at KU leads to: 27-30 wins, conf title, and a 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney.

BWillie 12-09-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9193373)
I didn't read that, because I assume whatever you posted will still lead to the same result that every season at KU leads to: 27-30 wins, conf title, and a 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney.

Didn't say that wasn't going to happen. I think it's going to be very very difficult for KU not to win the Big 12. But this is the weakest the Big 12 has been in YEARS.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 04:50 PM

LOL.. the life of a blue blood. Its never as bad as you think, and never as good as you want.

KC_Connection 12-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9193760)
LOL.. the life of a blue blood. Its never as bad as you think, and never as good as you want.

Trolling?

KC_Connection 12-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9193708)
Didn't say that wasn't going to happen. I think it's going to be very very difficult for KU not to win the Big 12. But this is the weakest the Big 12 has been in YEARS.

First year in a long time where I don't even see a legitimate threat to take it from them. The conference is way down.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9193814)
Trolling?

How's that?