ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9636588)
Season? Definitely. Most of them won't be starting a single game.

Career? Doubtful. One of these guys is going to be successful.

EJ and Geno will certainly get their shot.

L.A. Chieffan 04-27-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9636588)
Season? Definitely. Most of them won't be starting a single game.

Career? Doubtful. One of these guys is going to be successful.

and Reid and Dorsey could give two shits what one of these guys it's gonna be like in five years or whatever. all they care about right now is the next two or three seasons. tops. this ain't their first rodeo

Red Dawg 04-27-2013 09:18 AM

None of you are smarter that either of them. Thats why you are bitching on a message board and they are millionaires running and NFL franchise. All of you need to STFU AND STFD!

Fat Elvis 04-27-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9636583)
you guys are so smart you spent 5 months and 100,000 posts on Geno Smith going #1 and he didn't even go in the 1st round

so much smarter than Dorsey and Andy Reid

Geniouses, I tell you, geniouses.

Lex Luthor 04-27-2013 09:23 AM

I'm starting to think Andy Reid could win back-to-back Super Bowls and half of Chiefsplanet would still call him an idiot if he doesn't draft a quarterback RIGHT ****ING NOW!

whoman69 04-27-2013 09:24 AM

Even Arnold Horshack is smarter

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...punqo1_400.jpg

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9636613)
I'm starting to think Andy Reid could win back-to-back Super Bowls and half of Chiefsplanet would still call him an idiot if he doesn't draft a quarterback RIGHT ****ING NOW!

Wrong, gimme 2 superbowls and Alex smiff will be legend round' these parts.

BigMeatballDave 04-27-2013 09:25 AM

Raise your hand if you have sand in your vagina.

Carlota69 04-27-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9636618)
Raise your hand if you have sand in your vagina.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:27 AM

we got the best QB prospect in this draft at #34

not bad

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9636623)
we got the best QB prospect in this draft at #34

not bad

He compares well with Cassel, I guess I did my best but my best wasn't good enough is appropriate?

Lightrise 04-27-2013 09:29 AM

I'll play the game from similar perspective - personnel. I view these things like Deion Sanders and Kurt Warner do - looking for swagger - Jared Allen types, playmakers (Shannon Sharpe), winners (Warner sees something in EJ Manuel and a few months ago I read where Andy Reid focused on him too), fearless guys like Dale Carter. This is one reason I am relieved with the Fisher pick. That guy will be successful. When it comes to TE I admit to being totally spoiled from the Gonzalez experience and its more important these guys get open and catch the ball than block. I fix that weakness with HOF guards if possible. If there's one thing I've learned to hate as a Chiefs fan it is pressure coming up the middle. If you can't prevent that then you have to have a quick release QB and run the west coast offense.

So - given the veteran challenge at QB in our division Alex Smith was the right choice to try and win while we still have to cope with Manning and Rivers. Our division will reset soon...2 more years I figure.

It's too early to tell with Reid and Dorsey...but the Chiefs have to get a lot nastier. That is one reason I hated to lose Haley...the team needed his passion. It's just a shame ***** was so wrong for a coach like that. They fired the wrong guy who never got the coaches and QB he deserved the latitude to find. But now that the damage has been done...Reid and Dorsey are a logical fit to clean this up.

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9636633)
He compares well with Cassel, I guess I did my best but my best wasn't good enough is appropriate?

Alex Smith is to Matt Cassel as Trent Green is to Rick Mirer.

whoman69 04-27-2013 09:33 AM

The number one pick is supposed to be an impact player. It seems like we're just making a lateral move.

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9636645)
The number one pick is supposed to be an impact player. It seems like we're just making a lateral move.

was Willie Roaf an impact player?

Look, I didn't want a tackle 1st overall. No way.

but after I watched the first round...

I realized that was honestly the only way to go. Or Dion Jordan. Whatever.

There was no elite QB and no elite WR. So oh well.

Everyone but ChiefsPlanet agrees the Chiefs made the right pick. These are the same experts that promised everyone Geno wasn't elite. Seems like they are smarter than SNR and Milkman. They get paid, there is a reason for it.