ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Missouri Rolling... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233277)

CoMoChief 09-19-2010 01:41 AM

I wouldnt be surprised if MU dropped from the top 25 rankings.

#1 their schedule is awful.
#2 they almost (prob should have) lost to SDstate AT HOME.

Just saying....

KCinNY 09-19-2010 06:07 AM

Really tired of the spread on every single snap. Most spread teams incorporate some conventional formations and plays into their playbooks, but Pinkel wants the 5-wide shotgun on every play.

Honestly, they look pretty stupid on 4th and goal from the one going shotgun with an empty backfield.

Spott 09-19-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 7016088)
Really tired of the spread on every single snap. Most spread teams incorporate some conventional formations and plays into their playbooks, but Pinkel wants the 5-wide shotgun on every play.

Honestly, they look pretty stupid on 4th and goal from the one going shotgun with an empty backfield.

Exactly. They could also use those formations for when they are up in the second half and just need to run time off the clock.

kepp 09-19-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7015687)
Well, at least you guys have him locked up for the next 5 years.

ROFL Okay, we deserve that :cuss:

Saul Good 09-19-2010 09:16 AM

Oh no! We're 3-0 and ranked in the top 25 and rising. Fire the coach. This team has weaknesses and can be inconsistent. Good college teams don't do that. We should hire Nick Saban.

Mosbonian 09-19-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7016035)

Just saying....

I don't disagree that they probably should be dropped....

But you could say what you said in #2 for just about 15 to 20 other top 25 teams thus far.

Bowser 09-19-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7016035)

Just saying....

Personally, I couldn't care less. 3-0 is 3-0, at #'s 20-25, or 26 through 30.

Mosbonian 09-19-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7016307)
Personally, I couldn't care less. 3-0 is 3-0, at #'s 20-25, or 26 through 30.

This too...

Bowser 09-19-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7016253)
Oh no! We're 3-0 and ranked in the top 25 and rising. Fire the coach. This team has weaknesses and can be inconsistent. Good college teams don't do that. We should hire Nick Saban.

Heh. Pinkel is what he is, and that's a coach that will get your team 8-10 wins a year, and struggle against "power" schools. It's frustrating, to be sure, but it's a sight better than being a doormat.

Mosbonian 09-19-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7016311)
Heh. Pinkel is what he is, and that's a coach that will get your team 8-10 wins a year, and struggle against "power" schools. It's frustrating, to be sure, but it's a sight better than being a doormat.

Which we were for a number of years....way too many.

gblowfish 09-19-2010 10:00 AM

A win is a win.
Tigers are undefeated.
That's all that really matters.

DJ's left nut 09-19-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 7015490)
Didn't get to watch the game... this score troubles me, though. Is SDSU supposed to be any good? I honestly don't know...

SDSU is probably a bowl team, about 6-8 among non BCS schools. They can really move the ball well.

At the same time - I was at that game and MU should've obliterated these guys.

The tackling was pathetic. Both the 75 yard run and the 95 yard were the result of at least 4 guys missing tackles. The 95 yarder was pathetic, he got stood up and turned around in the pile, 1/2 the team quit on the play and his lineman grabbed hold of him, pulled him through and he broke through for the touchdown because the safeties were standing around with their thumbs up their asses. The 75 yard run was on 3rd and 12 with 16 seconds left in the half - again the team quit on the play. Effort was sorely lacking in this game.

Gabbert was horrible, absolutely horrible. There was no silver lining to his outing. He couldn't hit a throw over 15 yards and pretty much locked onto Egnew and Moe. (Though in his defense, when he threw it to Jackson, he tended to drop it). He even screwed up an option pitch by chucking the ball to nowhere (damn near cost us the game).

If they tackle worth anything, if Gabbert plays even okay and if Jackson catches a couple of deep balls, MU wins that game by 3 or 4 TDs. Really a sloppy game.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2010 07:39 PM

We're not KU, and isn't that enough?:D

Saul Good 09-19-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7016338)
SDSU is probably a bowl team, about 6-8 among non BCS schools. They can really move the ball well.

At the same time - I was at that game and MU should've obliterated these guys.

The tackling was pathetic. Both the 75 yard run and the 95 yard were the result of at least 4 guys missing tackles. The 95 yarder was pathetic, he got stood up and turned around in the pile, 1/2 the team quit on the play and his lineman grabbed hold of him, pulled him through and he broke through for the touchdown because the safeties were standing around with their thumbs up their asses. The 75 yard run was on 3rd and 12 with 16 seconds left in the half - again the team quit on the play. Effort was sorely lacking in this game.

Gabbert was horrible, absolutely horrible. There was no silver lining to his outing. He couldn't hit a throw over 15 yards and pretty much locked onto Egnew and Moe. (Though in his defense, when he threw it to Jackson, he tended to drop it). He even screwed up an option pitch by chucking the ball to nowhere (damn near cost us the game).

If they tackle worth anything, if Gabbert plays even okay and if Jackson catches a couple of deep balls, MU wins that game by 3 or 4 TDs. Really a sloppy game.

I agree with everything except the no silver lining part. A "W" is always a silver lining.

Gabbert has always had the tendency to throw passes too high. People didn't seem to notice that last year, but I've seen a lot more people mention it this year. In my opinion, he comes back for his Senior season and dominates. Mizzou is about a 9-4 team this year. If both Gabbert and Smith come back, they have a chance to be great next year.

Priest31kc 09-25-2010 12:15 PM

Mizzou up 7-0 on Miami of Ohio after a fumble return by Gettis on the first play from scrimmage....