ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

BWillie 08-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908945)
No. And Affleck's already started an intense training regime in order to beef up for the role.

All these actors have got to be in touch with Biogensis or something. You see them routinely gain or lose like 50 lbs for roles. I have to hand it to them, they are dedicated for the part. They almost always get to the target weight

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908979)
Absolutely not. The Town was good, I just love The Departed so much. Departed is a Top 10 movie of all time for me. JIMHO though

That

Valiant 08-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9908918)
This same kind of crazyness hit the interwebz when they announced Heath ledger was going to be the Joker. All the fanbois got SO ANGRY.

I told people to go watch "Lords of Dogtown" and tell me Heath Ledger can't step into a character. I was right.

Ben A in a Batman costume isn't going to be terrible... it's just that the Batman Nolan trilogy just got wrapped up, and now they are doing this already.

They are doing this so they can get in on the money.

With avengers sucess of a billion dollars, they want in on it.

Valiant 08-23-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908985)
All these actors have got to be in touch with Biogensis or something. You see them routinely gain or lose like 50 lbs for roles. I have to hand it to them, they are dedicated for the part. They almost always get to the target weight

They are actors. Some of them work out 6 to 10 hours a day for roles.

But some probably do juice.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908942)
Good grief. Do you realize that in 2013, sequels have brought in far more money than original movies?

No one has "run out of ideas". Studios cater to the public. Period.

This Beanie Baby is worth $350!!!

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:19 PM

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/statu...25140231118848

@DrPhil If a girl is drunk, is it OK for Ben Affleck to play Batman?

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9908979)
Absolutely not. The Town was good, I just love The Departed so much. Departed is a Top 10 movie of all time for me. JIMHO though

I think The Departed is one of the most overrated movies of the last 30 years, and it gets more hype than what it deserves because the Academy gave Scorsese an Oscar out of guilt after screwing him with Goodfellas.

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908942)
Good grief. Do you realize that in 2013, sequels have brought in far more money than original movies?

No one has "run out of ideas". Studios cater to the public. Period.

I get it but I am just a little fatigued over sequels and comic book movies.

Give me something new..please.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9909012)
I think The Departed is one of the most overrated movies of the last 30 years, and it gets more hype than what it deserves because the Academy gave Scorsese an Oscar out of guilt after screwing him with Goodfellas.

I actually believe that The Town is even better than The Departed but I do like the movie quite a bit.

Nicholson is great but I prefer Pete Postlewaite. Damon, DiCaprio and Wahlberg were all very good but I prefer Renner and Affleck.

Blake Lively is in my Top Five. She's a combination of a dirty white trash hot chick and an elegant beauty.

Ryan Reynolds got it right this time.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9909021)

There are plenty of great movies released every year. You'll just need to dig a little harder to find them because they don't have enormously bloated marketing budgets.

blaise 08-23-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9909021)

Yeah, I'm done with Superhero movies and CGI explosionfests in general. Theres's basically no drama in the storyline. There might be some little twists, a secondary character might die, bu you're really just following the same familiar path. It's tired. I know people like them but to me they've gotten to be a bore.

Fish 08-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908885)
I like Affleck, always have. Never got the hatred on him. Even Gigli was only boring and mildly unfocused.

But he has a body language that is the antithesis of Batman/Bruce Wayne. A percolating uncertainty that's perfect for an overachieving outsider. There's a set to his jaw that says 'someone is going to find me out any moment now.'

Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to exude privilege and omnipresence.

Yeah, that says it better than I managed. Nothing against Affleck really. He's done some good stuff that I've certainly enjoyed. But this just seems completely miscast and I don't understand it at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908885)

LMAO..

Frazod 08-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

I agree that it's overrated, but I still really enjoyed it. I mainly remember it now for the sheer number of head shot killings.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

People don't like The Departed, they like the Dropkick Murphys.

That said, mentioning the movie reminded me of one of John Oliver's BEST jokes on The Daily Show, calling Anthony Weiner 'Tighty Whitey Bulger.'

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909030)
There are plenty of great movies released every year. You'll just need to dig a little harder to find them because they don't have enormously bloated marketing budgets.

I am looking forward to a few movies coming out like Bale's new movie. Looks pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9909032)
Yeah, I'm done with Superhero movies and CGI explosionfests in general. Theres's basically no drama in the storyline. There might be some little twists, a secondary character might die, bu you're really just following the same familiar path. It's tired. I know people like them but to me they've gotten to be a bore.

Yep I feel the exact same way.