ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310745)

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2018 09:47 AM

Eh, it's simply not the cool thing to do. If you are an athlete, you don't belong to Scouts.

kc rush 12-13-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13955505)
Eh, it's simply not the cool thing to do. If you are an athlete, you don't belong to Scouts.

Not true. There are plenty of boys that balance sports and Scouts. Whatever you think of him, Dan Sorenson is an Eagle Scout, and there are plenty of others.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13955698)
Not true. There are plenty of boys that balance sports and Scouts. Whatever you think of him, Dan Sorenson is an Eagle Scout, and there are plenty of others.

It wasn't that way when/where I was in school, and it's not that way now (where we currently are). My son joined for a year or so due to another friend being in the scouts. It became very clear early on that this was the club for non-athletes. There's nothing at all wrong with that, but it certainly didn't hold my son's interests whatsoever.

bishop_74 12-13-2018 11:26 AM

Too lazy to see if this has been posted but this is apparently why they are filing. Litigation costs a lot of $$$

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_...ex_abuse_cases

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 13955787)
Too lazy to see if this has been posted but this is apparently why they are filing. Litigation costs a lot of $$$

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_...ex_abuse_cases

Most people know that. Some are choosing not to.

kc rush 12-13-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13955777)
It wasn't that way when/where I was in school, and it's not that way now (where we currently are). My son joined for a year or so due to another friend being in the scouts. It became very clear early on that this was the club for non-athletes. There's nothing at all wrong with that, but it certainly didn't hold my son's interests whatsoever.

Not saying that the majority of people don't think Scouting is cool, just countering "If you are an athlete, you don't belong to Scouts."

You will get the full spectrum of athletic ability in any troop, but there are plenty of kids that balance sports, school, Scouts and other activities.

Not everyone will find enjoyment out of it, but there is plenty of good that comes from a program like Scouts.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13956120)
Not saying that the majority of people don't think Scouting is cool, just countering "If you are an athlete, you don't belong to Scouts."

You will get the full spectrum of athletic ability in any troop, but there are plenty of kids that balance sports, school, Scouts and other activities.

Not everyone will find enjoyment out of it, but there is plenty of good that comes from a program like Scouts.

Agreed.

GloryDayz 12-14-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13956120)

In our house, our family, we have three base rules if you want to drive:

1) Play a musical instrument (good for math and a regret I have because I only play the radio.

2) You have to play a sport. I coach football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey, and I know the value that sport brings to a young person.

3) You have to become an Eagle scout. Simply put, it's a wonderful program, teaches life skills, teaches a kid to stick with something year-round from elementary school through high school. And ord know it pays off later with scholarships and smart people liking to see it on a resume.

Every family has their rules, those are our big three, and so far they seem to be working well.

God bless scouting...

TEX 12-14-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13955470)
That ship already sailed, brah
Posted via Mobile Device

Well it needs to turn back around.

digger 12-15-2018 03:21 PM

Get woke, Go broke...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mennonite 12-15-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 13964214)
Get woke, Go broke...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I admit, that's a lot catchier than "rape children, get sued out of existance" but not quite as accurate I'm afraid.