ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   EDIT: Sean Taylor shot, has died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175368)

Rain Man 11-26-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio
You are. You posted some nonsense about having to pay the hospital bills of some punk that got shot in Westport when he was trying to rob some people. Normal people don't think about stupid sh*t like that.

If you want to waste your time crying about that, maybe you ought to design a better health care system than one that leaves you blaming the people who cannot afford health insurance for all your woes.

I strive to be abnormal. My goal in life is to be rich and eccentric, so this is just practice.

And the guy wouldn't have needed health care if he hadn't tried to rob somebody. Maybe we should start a national health care plan for criminals who get shot by their victims.

Rain Man 11-26-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I'm starting to get a little mad myself.

Well, don't come to my house. I have a gun. Go to jettio's place.

jettio 11-26-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I strive to be abnormal. My goal in life is to be rich and eccentric, so this is just practice.

And the guy wouldn't have needed health care if he hadn't tried to rob somebody. Maybe we should start a national health care plan for criminals who get shot by their victims.

I think the current system allows anyone who gets a bullet to jump the line, at least for the first day or two.

Anyway, I am done preaching you can take it or leave it but I do think you have posted some nonsense recently that you can be better than.

Rain Man 11-26-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

I think the current system allows anyone who gets a bullet to jump the line, at least for the first day or two.

Anyway, I am done preaching you can take it or leave it but I do think you have posted some nonsense recently that you can be better than.

I'm all for letting the gunshot people jump to the front of the line, but if they got shot committing a crime, I think they ought to get a bill afterwards.

If you carefully examine my stance on crime and health, you'll see that it's quite consistent and logical. If you're committing a crime, you have no right to whine if somebody shoots you or hacks you with a machete or knocks out your left eye with a spinning scissor kick. If you're afraid of being hurt during your crime spree, go get a job and stop committing crimes.

I can recognize and appreciate your stance that there's a theoretical line at which there's too much force, but honestly, I think its validity in the real world is only argued with the luxury of those who haven't been in the situation. I'll always side with a homeowner who is suddenly confronted against his/her will with a criminal who chose to create the situation, and will always give the homeowner the benefit of the doubt in terms of fright or adrenaline.

Pablo 11-26-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
He should have a least had a good dog.

Michael Vick killed his dog.

cdcox 11-26-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Noted: I can edit last line to read.

Maybe you ought to hang out with some Lutherans.

Whooooaaaa. I'm Lutheran. My wife and daughter are Lutheran. My mom and dad are Lutheran. Many of my relatives are Lutheran. Two of my college roommates were Lutheran. Some of my best friends today are Lutheran. My Pastor is Lutheran.

Since when is it okay to be a Lutheranist?

Dylan 11-26-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I want a machete for protection.....that's another thing I got out of this.

I thought everybody owned one. I have three.

In fact, I carry medical machete insurance - medical beheading insurance rates are too high

Ultra Peanut 11-27-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I want a machete for protection.....that's another thing I got out of this.

Yeah, because we see how well that worked out.

http://i9.tinypic.com/80p01l3.gif

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

You are not "preaching". You're proselytizing.

Sean Taylor was not living a "clean" life. He's been arrested numerous times and his father is the Chief of Police.

This shooting could have been related to his wife, his prior arrests, his affiliations or his father. Nothing's been ruled out and nothing should be ruled out.

And furthermore, Rainman is the last person in this forum that should be accused of racism.

Except against stick-people. His views are very unclear on this subject.

Bump 11-27-2007 03:36 AM

so I am confused, is Sean Taylor the victim here or not? Maybe I'll read the entire thread.

On a side note, I watch a little bit of the Salt & Peppa show (don't ask me why) and they were having this rally about this group of black kids that beat 1 white kid to the point of unconscienceness(sp??) and some of the black kids (I'm not sure how old, early teens) got in trouble with the law, and 1 went to jail. So, the rally was for how terrible it was for the poor victim black kid who was apart of a beating from him and his 5 friends to have to go to jail. I think the rest were also facing charges. And Salt or Peppa had their kids and telling them how bad society is that black kids would have to go to jail for attempted murder.
Now I'm not racist, but when I hear stuff like this I want to be.

Mecca 11-27-2007 03:53 AM

I think you are basing that story of a really top of the line thing when there is a lot more to it.

POND_OF_RED 11-27-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
so I am confused, is Sean Taylor the victim here or not? Maybe I'll read the entire thread.

On a side note, I watch a little bit of the Salt & Peppa show (don't ask me why) and they were having this rally about this group of black kids that beat 1 white kid to the point of unconscienceness(sp??) and some of the black kids (I'm not sure how old, early teens) got in trouble with the law, and 1 went to jail. So, the rally was for how terrible it was for the poor victim black kid who was apart of a beating from him and his 5 friends to have to go to jail. I think the rest were also facing charges. And Salt or Peppa had their kids and telling them how bad society is that black kids would have to go to jail for attempted murder.
Now I'm not racist, but when I hear stuff like this I want to be.

You are talking about the Jena 6 and there is more to it. There were a lot of tensions before that with blacks and whites when a group of white students hung nooses from a tree at the high school and were only suspended for a few days. Also the kid that was beaten supposedly was treated and partied that same night with friends. Not saying what they did was right but I'm not black so I don't know how it feels to live with close minded assholes from the south. Attempted murder does seem too harsh though if the injuries weren't that life threatening IMO. Here's a little more info on it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/jena6.asp

Bump 11-27-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED
You are talking about the Jena 6 and there is more to it. There were a lot of tensions before that with blacks and whites when a group of white students hung nooses from a tree at the high school and were only suspended for a few days. Also the kid that was beaten supposedly was treated and partied that same night with friends. Not saying what they did was right but I'm not black so I don't know how it feels to live with close minded assholes from the south. Attempted murder does seem too harsh though if the injuries weren't that life threatening IMO. Here's a little more info on it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/jena6.asp

I only watched what the show showed basically. I must have missed the part about the nooses and that is definately not right at all (I was just flipping thru the channels), those kids should have definately have gotten into more trouble than a little suspension (a vacation from school). Thanks for the info, I'll read the entire story

Sfeihc 11-27-2007 05:09 AM

ESPN Radio is reporting that Sean Taylor has died. RIP.

Mecca 11-27-2007 05:14 AM

Whoa wouldn't that be reported somewhere else too? I haven't seen it anywhere..

Ok I saw it nevermind, that's rough.

I'm sure he got what he deserved though according to some right...blah that just sucks I don't know what to say.