ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs begin scheming to fit Brady Quinn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264838)

htismaqe 10-09-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8995262)
Same here and would prefer he was taken off the field due to his performance instead.

This.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8993577)
say goodbye to Geno Smith

We will not have the #1 pick anyway, and that''s the only way we get Smith. I want him really bad, but I have had no delusions about getting him. It's not gonna happen. Crennel is in his last shot as a HC and is not gonna tank the season.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8994609)
I wish Cassel hadn't been injured

Me too. I wanted to see him yanked. I bet Crennel was happy he got injured.

Phobia 10-09-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8993589)
Thanks. My immediate thought was why the NFL doesn't do the speed thingy like the baseball league does on pitches. Those data would be fun to see.

Because 65 MPH passes aren't quite as important to the game as 98 MPH pitches. Some of the better passes you'll see are going to be touch balls dropped into a receiver's hands rather than rifled in at the top of the QB's arm potential. Most fans would get pretty bored with it especially when they find out some of the more popular QB's in the game aren't throwing as hard as you want to believe. As confusing as QB efficiency rating numbers can be, they're really the best way to determine the value of a QB.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 10:04 AM

I would love to see Brady become(by some MIRACLE)a late blooming franchise QB, but he's gonna have to be a bonafide star. although I am excited to see how he does, if he in any way keeps us from drafting a 1st round QB, I'm not gonna be able to deal with next season.

durtyrute 10-09-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8995298)
I would love to see Brady become(by some MIRACLE)a late blooming franchise QB, but he's gonna have to be a bonafide star. although I am excited to see how he does, if he in any way keeps us from drafting a 1st round QB, I'm not gonna be able to deal with next season.

He is a first round qB

Bane 10-09-2012 10:17 AM

At least he looked like he wanted to get the ball back at the end of the game.Casshole would have been on the bench smirking and dropping his hat.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 10:21 AM

Interesting how Crennel makes it clear that Brady is a passer (since they are changing the game plan) and Cassel is not a passer

Marcellus 10-09-2012 10:24 AM

I hope the WR can run farther than 10 yards still, they may be out of shape.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8994377)
This is where we just have to let it all out with Quinn and see what we got. He's only had 9 games with Cleveland who had no talent. He's got WRs and Jamaal here. Im not saying he's the future but maybe he could be a stop gap for a year while we groom a rookie QB. I also want to see Stanzi. Mr. Pioli's only QB he's drafted here needs to play to see why Pioli drafted him

no to Stanzi....you said it yourself...Pioli drafted him...Pioli picked Cassel as well and paid him 60M....I already know what Stanzi is just based on that....Not to mention he doesnt dress out, can't win the back up job.

Bane 10-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8995369)
I hope the WR can run farther than 10 yards still, they may be out of shape.

From that distance the ball may appear too small for them to pick up!

Radar Chief 10-09-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8995324)
He is a first round qB

That hasn’t held a starting job in forever and was brought here specifically to not put any pressure on Cassel.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad for the change but I’m not expecting anything other than the smell of the shit they’re spreading around the field will be a little different.

Chief Faithful 10-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8995356)
Interesting how Crennel makes it clear that Brady is a passer (since they are changing the game plan) and Cassel is not a passer

That sounds so good.

Sorter 10-09-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8995025)
What if Quinn leads this team to the playoffs? And what if they were to win a playoff game? Then how would you feel? Not saying it's going to happen, but I would definitely be excited about it.

Depends on how he plays in both the win and loss in the playoffs. I'd love for Quinn to do well as I feel he's been given poor opportunities to succeed. However, I want Geno. I do not want Quinn to interrupt that process unless he shows he will be as good or better than Geno.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2012 11:17 AM

No matter how good or bad Quinn is, they still should try and draft a top tier QB. The only scenario where you shouldnt IMO is if Quinn wins a Super Bowl this year.

Dont want to get fooled by the "1 year wonder" Brady Anderson scenario.