ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Polian rumors start (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267454)

htismaqe 12-07-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9188142)
Sherman succeeded Ron Wolf as General Manager of the Packers in 2001, taking on the dual role of Head Coach and General Manager. Although the promotion of Sherman to GM was made prior to the 2001 NFL Draft, Wolf handled the actual draft duty in 2001. Sherman brought in three of the core players that were on the Packers 2010 roster. He drafted Nick Barnett (2003 Rd 1 #29), Scott Wells, (2004 Rd 7 #251 - complimentary pick), and acquired Cullen Jenkins as a rookie free agent after the 2003 draft.

Sherman's first solo draft pick as GM and in charge of the draft was Javon Walker in 2002, who made the Pro Bowl in 2004, and was traded to the Denver Broncos in 2006.

In 2005 the Packers hired Ted Thompson from the Seattle Seahawks to take over Sherman's General Manager duties, although Sherman remained the Packers' head coach for one more season.

Good catch, completely forgot about that.

Titty Meat 12-07-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9188148)
If Bill Polian doesn't scare you, Chris Polian taking over in a couple of years should...

This franchise can't afford to fail again. Polian assures Clark 3-4 years of good football.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-07-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9187870)
Id be ok with it. At least you know he would take a 1st round QB.

Yeah, but it seems the REST of the show always comes up short under this guy. I don't know man, I see a lot of "in the hunt" action with this fool, but not much else.

O.city 12-07-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9188169)
This franchise can't afford to fail again. Polian assures Clark 3-4 years of good football.

This.

Clark is gonna have to shell out some real dough, but I could see and wouldn't mind to see

Polian at GM
Cowher as HC
Rex Ryan as the DC

Not sure on the OC yet.

wazu 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

I would be all about hiring Polian. I think he's a start-up guy by nature. The beauty of hiring him is that he can get things rolling quickly in the right direction, and by the time he starts to lose interest and move on he'll be ready to retire anyway. His track record is unbelievable. You know he'll work his butt off to add a fourth success story to the list.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9188343)
I would be all about hiring Polian. I think he's a start-up guy by nature. The beauty of hiring him is that he can get things rolling quickly in the right direction, and by the time he starts to lose interest and move on he'll be ready to retire anyway. His track record is unbelievable. You know he'll work his butt off to add a fourth success story to the list.

Yeah and then you're stuck with his idiot son.

Strongside 12-07-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9188176)
This.

Clark is gonna have to shell out some real dough, but I could see and wouldn't mind to see

Polian at GM
Cowher as HC
Rex Ryan as the DC

Not sure on the OC yet.

I just threw up and popped a boner at the same time.

MahiMike 12-07-2012 04:06 PM

anything > Peeoli

wazu 12-07-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188347)
Yeah and then you're stuck with his idiot son.

That's a big assumption. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. And even if Bill hasn't, if Clark is hiring Polian, his track record hiring GMs will be:

1. Scott Pioli (Consensus great decision at the time that ended as a massive failure, but action was taken in a timely manner.)
2. Bill Polian

He's not establishing a pattern of making hap-hazard decisions, so to me given Chris Polian's background it's hard to imagine him going that route.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:17 PM

GM: Tom Gamble/Russ Ball/Eric Ross
HC: David Shaw/Arians/Jay Gruden/Greg Roman/Mike Zimmer
OC: Tom Clements/Joe Lombardi/Kyle Caskey/Geep Chryst
DC: Rex Ryan/Jim Tomsula/??? Haven't looked at too many guys, so additions would be helpful

You know what, we should just make a poll for each one after the season is over.

O.city 12-07-2012 04:17 PM

Enough with this hiring someone assuming they learned from mistakes. Thats how we ended up with Romeo.

Whoever you hire, you accept what he brings.

Therefor, don't hire a dumbass who does something you don't like. Enough with that bull.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9188358)
That's a big assumption. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes. And even if Bill hasn't, if Clark is hiring Polian, his track record hiring GMs will be:

1. Scott Pioli (Consensus great decision at the time that ended as a massive failure, but action was taken in a timely manner.)
2. Bill Polian

He's not establishing a pattern of making hap-hazard decisions, so to me given Chris Polian's background it's hard to imagine him going that route.

No it ****ing isn't. It's his ****ing son. ROFL

O.city 12-07-2012 04:19 PM

Gotta say, the more I read about Shaw the more I like.

Sorter, wouldn't Clements be making a lateral move by coming to be our OC? Isn't it pretty much known who is the brains behind the operation in GB?

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9188364)
Gotta say, the more I read about Shaw the more I like.

Sorter, wouldn't Clements be making a lateral move by coming to be our OC? Isn't it pretty much known who is the brains behind the operation in GB?

He doesn't have playcalling responsibilities in GB. So lateral yes but with much more responsibilities.

O.city 12-07-2012 04:21 PM

I'm a little gunshy on guys who have potentially been propped up by other minds, after what we are going thru right now.