ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers ****Official PC and Steam Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279049)

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-18-2014 05:54 PM

What would be a good flight-based combat game to play on PC? I was thinking about buying a flight stick for my HTPC. I'd like for it to be more realistic than arcade like. Dogfighting and bombing both would be nice.

hometeam 08-18-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10830081)
What would be a good flight-based combat game to play on PC? I was thinking about buying a flight stick for my HTPC. I'd like for it to be more realistic than arcade like. Dogfighting and bombing both would be nice.

http://warthunder.com/

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LqHehxR2VqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 08-18-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10830081)

He did say "more realistic than arcade-like" and with a joystick... WT is fun but arcade+historical or whatever don't fit that mold, especially if you want to use a joystick. I mean you could try playing full realism mode all day but no one in that game really plays it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-18-2014 07:30 PM

Any thoughts on other options?

Also, I have no desire to play online. I just want to firebomb places and shoot down mo****as with impunity.

hometeam 08-18-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10830437)

Also, I have no desire to play online. I just want to firebomb places and shoot down mo****as with impunity.

I dont think there are many of those games out there any more :(

Joystick works wonderful and battlefield 3 and 4, and they both have insane air gameplay, but its online only for air shit.

jd1020 08-18-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10830437)

I looked into these games not too long ago because I felt the itch, used to play them a lot when I was younger. Unfortunately, the genre of game just isn't all that popular and not many decent games are made. The last game that got pretty decent reviews I saw was Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, which was released in 2005, but I never did end up buying it. It has a single player campaign and everything, not sure how extensive it is though.

ragedogg69 08-19-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10830026)
Ok, i been playing the Rebooted Tomb Raider and its insanely fun. These graphics are some of the best i ever seen. My PC can run the game on ULTRA settings and holy smoke. I havent tried Ultimate yet. Anyways, shitth thats part 2 is only XBone :(

Best 7 bucks i spent lol

People love to shit on that game for some reason. I just dont get it. I love the gameplay. If I had one complaint, it was the narrative of "OMG, I had to kill a guy, I am so torn." Then the very next thing is you have to slaughter a dozen or so bad guys with no problem.

The hair physics makes my 770 chug. :(

jd1020 08-19-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10831370)

I laughed a few times looking at her hair in that game. A couple times I saw it sticking straight up like she was falling when I was simply crouching around behind walls.

kcxiv 08-19-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10831370)
People love to shit on that game for some reason. I just dont get it. I love the gameplay. If I had one complaint, it was the narrative of "OMG, I had to kill a guy, I am so torn." Then the very next thing is you have to slaughter a dozen or so bad guys with no problem.

really? everywehre i have looked everyone had loved the game. the only complaint i heard was the QTE's, but so far thats a minor minor part of the game. Lara Croft going around with a bow headshotting people? This is just fun lol Graphics are some of the best i seen. I have a 760 and i can run everything on ultra with no lag whatsoever.

scorpio 08-19-2014 04:53 PM

I have a GTX 570 and can play Tomb Raider on high just fine :-/

kcxiv 08-19-2014 10:42 PM

ok, alot deeper into the game now, whoever hates this game, just hates games! lol The Bow and Arrow play is so ****ing fun, blowing up drums or oil lamps and burning guys to death! lol Pure badassness. (Tomb Raider is what im referring too)

ragedogg69 08-20-2014 07:39 AM

Try running it with TressFX on for her hair and watch the close ups in cutscenes. That is the only time I get stuttering. normal gameplay is just fine. if i put her hair on high or whatever using the other physics engine, it runs perfect.

the common complaints i have seen for the game:

qte's (push a button and watch a movie)
the story
the port was a mess when first released
without a controller, the controls are a mess.

I, on the other hand, love the game.

Blankey 08-20-2014 08:11 AM

My main gripe with that game was there wasn't much actual tomb exploration and puzzle solving.

kcxiv 08-20-2014 09:05 PM

Yep, TressFX or whatever its called slows the game down alot. Crazy its just for Hair effects. at least thats what it says on the options.

kcxiv 09-18-2014 07:05 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258970/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JvNxItMCK1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone going to get the gauntlet game that comes out on tuesday? i wanna play with folks, this shit looks like it can be awesome! old school. I remember being like 7 years old going to the liquor store to play with 2 dollars in quarters! lol.