ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

O.city 04-20-2014 08:48 PM

Instead of throwing big money at Marshall, Jay Wright is without a contract at Nova (or at least that's what frank boal said not sure about it) but if I were MU he's be a pretty high mark in the list.

Stanley Nickels 04-20-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10575298)
Instead of throwing big money at Marshall, Jay Wright is without a contract at Nova (or at least that's what frank boal said not sure about it) but if I were MU he's be a pretty high mark in the list.

Boal is a 'Nova alum, I believe, so that's the only reason you're even hearing that name.

gblowfish 04-21-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10574902)
Which is fine. Because Alden has zero interest in hiring Kim Anderson as the men's basketball coach.

He doesn't want to hire somebody who's more popular that he is with the fan base.

gblowfish 04-21-2014 01:03 PM

BTW: Burwell is St. Louis' version of Fatlock. He's a race baiter. If there was a problem with Haith, it wasn't because he was black. If Mizzou operated like that, he never would have been hired in the first place (nor Mike Anderson before him.) His problem was his baggage from Miami U following him to Mizzou. Oh, and his teams don't play defense. Oh, and he can't win on the road in conference. Oh, and Phil Pressey was shaving points, oh and he's had rapists and stalkers and guys who don't pay their rent on his teams. Stuff like that....

Pepe Silvia 04-21-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10574902)
Which is fine. Because Alden has zero interest in hiring Kim Anderson as the men's basketball coach.

Apparently things have changed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...uri-tigers-job

CoMoChief 04-21-2014 04:17 PM

If they brought back Kim Anderson that would be an even worse hire than Haith

And I'd laugh my ass off if it happened.

duncan_idaho 04-21-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10576423)

I don't buy it.

Alden wants to make a splash hire that will build excitement, lead to higher success, and get butts back in the seats.

And his solution to do that is a 59-year-old guy with zero D1 head coaching experience, whose only experience at D1 was as a mediocre assistant?

Nah. Don't buy it. Put me in DeArmond's camp... if anything, this is the AD gauging public reaction.

TribalElder 04-21-2014 04:42 PM

Kim Anderson has won a ncaa championship

No chance Mizzou can land a championship caliber basketball coach

Shit Anderson almost beat haiths team just this past season

If it was late in the year Mizzou would have got run by the mules

Sure-Oz 04-21-2014 04:55 PM

I don't want Kim Anderson. Gotta get a younger guy with upside or a NCAA tourney coach that's been in a final 4 if you can't land smart/Marshall

Mojo Jojo 04-21-2014 04:58 PM

Wright would be a good hire for MU. He's available...would come for good money, but wouldn't have to overpay. If MU throws too much money at a BB coach then they will have to throw more at Pinkel. Wright gives a name, experience and yet won't upset Pinkel.

DeezNutz 04-21-2014 05:02 PM

Why would we hire Anderson when the guy at Washburn is available?

Sully 04-21-2014 05:04 PM

What the hell is everyone's obsession with Anderson?

CoMoChief 04-21-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10576513)
What the hell is everyone's obsession with Anderson?

LMAO

I don't know man....it'd be a terrible hire.

Stanley Nickels 04-21-2014 05:17 PM

If these rumors are true, I will not neg rep a SINGLE jayhawk coming in here to talk trash.

Everybody wants to look like they know something others don't, but this is absurd. Hiring a DII championship coach to build your program into a powerhouse, is like hiring Foot Locker's best regional GM to be the CEO of Nike. There's not another ****ing fanbase in the country that would support a move like this. Absolutely insane.

TribalElder 04-21-2014 05:19 PM

LMAO

Get ready for another two to three year coaching rinse and repeat