ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ‘Chiefs are a regression candidate in 2018,’ says Washington Post writer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313201)

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13358407)
Holmgren and Favre. Andy was there and saw it first hand. Only time will tell if Andy and Pat can pull off something similar, but the potential is certainly there. My biggest question with Pat is probably the injury stuff. Needs to learn to protect himself. That's even more important than learning everything else about the NFL.

Same here. Overall I thought he protected himself better during preseason and the W17 game than he did in college though, just based on the Tech games I reviewed last Spring.

He stopped with that lowering his shoulder nonsense. Often slid very early. He also protected the ball better when running, evidenced on the play that he almost scored a TD on vs. DEN where he actually tucked the ball into his chest before extending to score. He took a lot of hits against Denver merely because the line was so atrocious. I still say Reid should have gave him more help up front that day.

crayzkirk 01-13-2018 05:01 PM

I'm 59 and excited to see the Chiefs do something that has only happened once in my lifetime. And that was with Mackovic/Blackledge!

For those people that are so sure the Chiefs are going to stink, I say start betting against them in Vegas. There are lots of games where I feel that the Chiefs are going to lose however I never bet against them.

Things are going to change in the AFC. The new crop of QBs are coming up and the old guard is getting old. Tommy isn't going to last forever and Ben has been talking retirement. This is also different, since the 80s, the Chiefs have always been the team with the weakness on QB and now they have a chance to be the team that others are chasing.

Win or lose, I'm ready to see something different. After all, it's all pretty pointless anyway.

DRM08 01-13-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358415)
All of this

I hate his stubborn streak, but he will be a positive in Mahomes development

As I said in a different thread a few days ago... Andy Reid has been waiting on this kid his whole ****ing life

Not his whole life. He was lucky enough to coach Favre. Donovan McNabb was damn good but not quite the talent of a Favre or Mahomes.

So I would say Andy has been looking for his Favre ever since he left Green Bay for Philly. In terms of playmaking and arm talent, Michael Vick with DeSean Jackson was the closest thing he has seen to Favre since 1999...unfortunately Vick was old by that point and injuries eventually caught up to him.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13358438)
Not his whole life. He was lucky enough to coach Favre. Donovan McNabb was damn good but not quite the talent of a Favre or Mahomes.

So I would say Andy has been looking for his Favre ever since he left Green Bay for Philly. In terms of playmaking and arm talent, Michael Vick with DeSean Jackson was the closest thing he has seen to Favre since 1999...unfortunately Vick was old by that point and injuries eventually caught up to him.

As an NFL Head Coach, Andy Reid has never had anyone even close to Pat Mahomes

But yes, he now has HIS Favre... not Mike Holmgrens Favre

RaidersOftheCellar 01-14-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13358368)
Reid won more playoff games in Philly than this pathetic Chiefs franchise has in its entire existence

Andy in Philly: 10 wins
Chiefs since 1960: 9 wins (Reid's wildcard win included)

Yeah, Chiefs fans absolutely need to get off their high horses regarding Reid. He's a damn successful coach and with an elite QB, the sky is the limit.

I swear no one looks beyond the surface when evaluating Reid. They see a couple playoff chokes and want to pin 100% blame on him. Let's forget what he did to GET us those huge leads in those games. If people still haven't figured it out, this team is physically outmatched in the trenches in almost every game. Our QB is always under more pressure than the opposing QB, opposing QBs have all day to pick apart the secondary and their backs have bigger holes to run through. That's not exactly easy to overcome. Yet he often has. He's won what...80% of games in the last 2.5 years? With a physical disadvantage in the trenches in the majority? That's pretty impressive assholes.

The Chiefs built a big lead over the Titans with cleverness and scripted plays. Not by lining up and physically imposing their will. When they run out of scripted trick plays in the 2nd half, it becomes much more difficult vs superior linemen.

Let's also not forget that it took a LOT of pathetic luck, bad calls and flukery to lose the Titans and Colts games. People also tend to forget that this was a freaking 2-14 team the year he arrived. Reid has done very well with what he's had to work with over his career. He could and should have more playoff wins, but there is little reason to doubt they will come.

Reerun_KC 01-14-2018 09:12 AM

Season tickets still available?

ping2000 01-14-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13359900)
Season tickets still available?

Not yet. They need to raise prices first.

Chiefer89 01-14-2018 11:25 AM

Wouldn't a team need to be successful in order to regress?

NJChiefsFan 01-14-2018 11:27 AM

Did this Washington Post writer predict the Redskins to regress this year?

TEX 01-14-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13359887)
Yeah, Chiefs fans absolutely need to get off their high horses regarding Reid. He's a damn successful coach and with an elite QB, the sky is the limit.

I swear no one looks beyond the surface when evaluating Reid. They see a couple playoff chokes and want to pin 100% blame on him. Let's forget what he did to GET us those huge leads in those games. If people still haven't figured it out, this team is physically outmatched in the trenches in almost every game. Our QB is always under more pressure than the opposing QB, opposing QBs have all day to pick apart the secondary and their backs have bigger holes to run through. That's not exactly easy to overcome. Yet he often has. He's won what...80% of games in the last 2.5 years? With a physical disadvantage in the trenches in the majority? That's pretty impressive assholes.

The Chiefs built a big lead over the Titans with cleverness and scripted plays. Not by lining up and physically imposing their will. When they run out of scripted trick plays in the 2nd half, it becomes much more difficult vs superior linemen.

Let's also not forget that it took a LOT of pathetic luck, bad calls and flukery to lose the Titans and Colts games. People also tend to forget that this was a freaking 2-14 team the year he arrived. Reid has done very well with what he's had to work with over his career. He could and should have more playoff wins, but there is little reason to doubt they will come.

And another playoff missed FG....UGH!
I think no Kelce the 2nd half was a HUGE factor.

Chris Meck 01-14-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13360073)
And another playoff missed FG....UGH!
I think no Kelce the 2nd half was a HUGE factor.

It was huge. I said it out loud-well, we're ****ed now.

Rasputin 01-15-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13359907)
Not yet. They need to raise prices first.

I didn't go to a game this year but was wondering how that prepay parking worked out?

Messier 01-15-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefer89 (Post 13360051)
Wouldn't a team need to be successful in order to regress?

They could not make the playoffs. That's a regression.

jaa1025 01-15-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13358060)
No one expects a Superbowl in 2018. No first year starting quarterback does that

But 2019 and beyond? The sky is the limit. For the first time ever we have a QBOTF, instead of another franchises recycling.

Big Ben