ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Enough already! What's the deal with Sutton? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313207)

Rexx 01-13-2018 10:49 PM

The edge and attitude are not there, for that alone they should consider replacing Sutton. It's unlikely the emotion comes back even with Berry. We need an attacking defense with some attitude, at least that is what I'd like to see.

GloryDayz 01-13-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 13359706)
The edge and attitude are not there, for that alone they should consider replacing Sutton. It's unlikely the emotion comes back even with Berry. We need an attacking defense with some attitude, at least that is what I'd like to see.

We keep waiting for white smoke out of 1 Arrowhead Way, but so far the wagons are still tight and no smoke at all, much less white smoke. Hell, there's no sign of life actually...

SuperBowl4 01-13-2018 11:14 PM

Sutton's squad only allowed 3 points in the first half compared to the Patriot's 7. Dilly-Dilly!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13359622)
In the regular season against non-playoff teams

The 2003 Chiefs held many opponents to similar point totals in the regular season

The stats don't lie.

Chiefs Moon 01-14-2018 06:36 AM

The Chiefs D is soft. When it counts, they can't make a stop. Bob Sutton is a nice, thoughtful man who has put together nice defenses when 100% healthy. He seems slow to make in-game adjustments and is less aggressive with blitz packages as every year passes. He became more aggressive this year after Chiefs fans and media were screaming for his job. Andy Reid will be more involved with the offense than ever this next year. Sutton will be on his own. And when left on his own, he drops Justin Houston into coverage. The team needs a change. Andy doesn't. If Sutton isn't fired, Clark got rolled.

GloryDayz 01-14-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13359844)
The Chiefs D is soft. When it counts, they can't make a stop. Bob Sutton is a nice, thoughtful man who has put together nice defenses when 100% healthy. He seems slow to make in-game adjustments and is less aggressive with blitz packages as every year passes. He became more aggressive this year after Chiefs fans and media were screaming for his job. Andy Reid will be more involved with the offense than ever this next year. Sutton will be on his own. And when left on his own, he drops Justin Houston into coverage. The team needs a change. Andy doesn't. If Sutton isn't fired, Clark got rolled.

Clark gets nearly $100M to get rolled then, and takes the rolling without a fight.

But I think that's wrong, the fans are getting rolled, not Clark. 48 years of being rolled at that.

48 years and Clarke does a very Hunt thing - hides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Priest31kc 01-14-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13359341)
Yeah. Allowing a running back over 150 yards, and giving up over 200 rushing yards total when everyone in the world knows they are going to run. Great defense.

I swear half this fanbase are legally blind.

Lol. I said I wanted a fresh start from Bob dipshit. Although I can see why they would keep him another year because his defenses were the main reason for our success the previous 4 years.

And I was just stating what I think Reid is going to do. Are you legally blind?

Mizzou_8541 01-14-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13357585)
It doesn't have to be a press conference. A simple statement. They're no doubt being reached out to for comment and obviously have said nothing.

The Chiefs also aren't going to release a statement that they aren't fining someone either. Come on, dude. The closest thing you'll get is perhaps Andy addressing it if he's asked directly, "Will Bob Sutton be the DC here next year." Even then, he'd probably respond with something like, "Listen, we are constantly reviewing the roster and the coaches. We've got to do better and that starts with me. That's how we roll."

ping2000 01-14-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13358985)
The Chiefs aren't stupid.

An unbiased, objective viewpoint of the situation says:

1. The Chiefs won games for four years because their defense was remarkably good at preventing the opponent from scoring while forcing turnovers.

2. The Chiefs allowed 18.3 PPG over their last 8 games.

3. The Chiefs defense was a HUGE catalyst in getting this team into the playoffs.

4. Allowing 22 points in a playoff game is not a fireable offense.

Bob will be back.

This is the flyer the Chiefs will include in their season ticket renewal package. Holy shit, what a loser organization.

Pablo 01-14-2018 09:33 AM

I am pretty excited to watch grandpa fill his depends over and over next year. Things are gonna change, I can feel it!

GloryDayz 01-14-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 13359890)
The Chiefs also aren't going to release a statement that they aren't fining someone either. Come on, dude. The closest thing you'll get is perhaps Andy addressing it if he's asked directly, "Will Bob Sutton be the DC here next year." Even then, he'd probably respond with something like, "Listen, we are constantly reviewing the roster and the coaches. We've got to do better and that starts with me. That's how we roll."

I think they're growing concerned that for the last 5-10 years we've been able to give their bullshit speech better, and faster, than they can.

Again, the Clarks just go back the the never-ending well of of strategery that dictates that they circle the wagons, hunker down in the hole, plan for a change or two, then hibernate until the draft. They've even gone as far as adding no-snore strips to this annual sleep cycle.

In the end the Clarks know they've been able to rely on the good hearts of the great people of Kansas City for forgive the previous year's, and now 48 years, of not getting it done.

mnchiefsguy 01-14-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13359676)
You need to account for era, and playoff performance.

This defense is far better at stopping teams from scoring in a far more pass-happy era.

And they didn't allow 38 ****in' points.

Yes they did...to a bad NY Jets team.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2018 09:42 AM

A few of those TD drive preventing holding calls the Pats draw every week would be nice.

chiefzilla1501 01-14-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 13359890)

Again, they don't have to release a statement. Reid, veach, hunt everybody in that damn organization is getting peppered by the media asking if Suttons job is safe. One person has to answer a simple question. If Suttons job was entirely safe, why wouldn't the Chiefs defend him? Reid is a loyal guy. And wouldn't he be worried about someone like al harris would be worried about his job, and might join another staff? It sounds to me like the Chiefs org intentionally told the entire organization to say nothing to the press. That seems pretty unusual to me. All it takes is one answer to a simple question to shut up all the rumors, mostly bad.

GloryDayz 01-14-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13359928)
I am pretty excited to watch grandpa fill his depends over and over next year. Things are gonna change, I can feel it!

I think the leadership inside the circled wagons are hearing the hooves of the mounted riders who are outside the circle, but that still doesn't mean their arrogance won't win-out (again).

And even if they do replace Sutton, it's not going to turn Andy into Bill Belicheat. Don't get me wrong, replacing Sutton is the right thing to do, but Andy needs to go too. He's just too soft on his players.