ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Holy No Prenup, Batman!" Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos file for 137billion dollar divorce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320223)

BWillie 01-10-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 14023273)
I believe that Kansas is one of the states that recognizes common-law marriage.

I don't live with her though. What about Missouri? I guess I'll just move to Missouri then when that time comes.

SAUTO 01-10-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14020876)
throw her like 2 or 3 billion dollars and call it good. I mean what kind of utter bullshit is it that a woman can marry a man and take half of everytihng they have

Sounds like she was there through it all.

SAUTO 01-10-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14020959)
She pushed out 4 of his kids and was there from the beginning.

She deserves 1/2 of everything.

Probably the first time we agree

Rain Man 01-10-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14023169)
There goes her prime status.

Yeah, if this goes sour, you figure that every shipment she gets for the rest of her life will be three days late with a bunch of damage to the box.

cooper barrett 01-10-2019 06:52 PM

I hope your SO reads this post and finds competent legal council and leaves you homeless...

QUOTE=JakeF;14023200]Call me jaded, I'll call you naive.

Jeff Bezos would have created Amazon whether he was single or married.

Unless MacKenzie contributed conceptually to the business platform, she doesn't deserve a larger amount than a regular divorce w/child support would deserve. His wife didn't create 137 billion, he did.

Any amount larger than 1 billion is a disgusting joke.

That settlement is going to hurt the business too because he will have to sell massive amounts of stocks to give her half his money or just give her half his stocks. Either way, he might lose control of his own business. Amazon is now going to be own and controlled by Jeff AND MacKenzie. Who knows what decisions she'll make. It could easily destroy the confidence of his stock owners.[/QUOTE]

threebag 01-10-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14023561)
Yeah, if this goes sour, you figure that every shipment she gets for the rest of her life will be three days late with a bunch of damage to the box.

I would damage her box

stevieray 01-10-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 14023211)
Well, good luck when she hits 42-45

....why?

penguinz 01-10-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14023561)

She has 4 kids. Already lots of damage to the box.

BWillie 01-10-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14020959)
She pushed out 4 of his kids and was there from the beginning.

She deserves 1/2 of everything.

Why does her having kids have anything to do with Amazon and the company he built?

Hopefully someday these outdated marriage laws will cease to exist. In the old days, the male was the breadwinner and the female was not expected to work so it makes A LITTLE sense that the wife would get half. Times have changed. We are all equals. She has equal opportunity to make whatever money she can on her own, as a novelist. Which is apparently what she does for a living.

cooper barrett 01-10-2019 07:42 PM

My SO has had 4 kiddo's and her box is just fine. Sorry for your reality. Child birth leaves scars on many women.

I bet Bezo's SO gives great head, just not to him anymore.

They were equals i many ways, but (in case I ****ed up) prove to me that Amazon wasn't her idea....

SuperBowl4 01-10-2019 07:51 PM

He will be eating tuna fish sandwiches for a while. Might even see him down at the soup kitchen.

BigRedChief 01-10-2019 08:00 PM

My wife is a teacher. Most here know where we live. Teachers don’t get to live this lifestyle. It’s my salary but we did it together. I would never in a million years think that if something happens she doesn’t deserve 1/2 of everything. She has earned it as much as I have. Probably a lot more than me.

cooper barrett 01-11-2019 01:35 AM

When I got divorced many of my assets were held in trusts that my ex fought like hell to get to but never was successful. I would bet that Bezo's assets are protected in some manner as well.

I see Ms. Bezo's being listed as one of the top 10 land owners in the near future...

TribalElder 01-11-2019 02:57 AM

Bezos has enough money for a rotating harem of prostitutes

So he probably decided why not

PunkinDrublic 01-11-2019 04:57 AM

The divorce is expensive but the shipping for his new bride is free for prime members.