ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Watkins active; Berry/Ware inactive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320293)

Baby Lee 01-12-2019 10:57 AM

It really makes you philosophical about what is excusable as a reason not to produce in a league predicated on production.

There is an almost infinite line of folks who likely wanted to be an NFL champion just as much or more than Eric, but they were too short, or too slow, or not talented enough.

I hated Cassel every minute he was here, but I never doubted his sincerity or effort. Is a talent deficit LESS worthy of compassion than a health deficit?

When it becomes clear that you are never going to rebound to complete fulfilment of promise, what does the organization or the fans owe you.

When your best isn't good enough, does it really matter why?

Chiefnj2 01-12-2019 10:59 AM

KC will be fortunate if Watkins can play and be anything more than a decoy for the first series. I don't think he's had a full practice in 6 weeks.

Mecca 01-12-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14026665)
It really makes you philosophical about what is excusable as a reason not to produce in a league predicated on production.

There is an almost infinite line of folks who likely wanted to be an NFL champion just as much or more than Eric, but they were too short, or too slow, or not talented enough.

I hated Cassel every minute he was here, but I never doubted his sincerity or effort. Is a talent deficit LESS worthy of compassion than a health deficit?

When it becomes clear that you are never going to rebound to complete fulfilment of promise, what does the organization or the fans owe you.

When your best isn't good enough, does it really matter why?

It also doesn't help that the organization looks bad cutting him so early into a huge contract. So that also keeps him here, teams don't like to look incompetent.

TEX 01-12-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14026646)
Personally I think this is how today should have gone...

Veach to Berry...are you a go today?

Berry..I don't think so still bothering me.

Veach, alright man if you can't suit up for the most important playoff run in this teams history I think you should go pack up your locker cause we're done with you as an organization.

Exactly. Be proactive. Wish him the best and tell him that after he cleans out his locker, any personal items left behind, will be dropped off at the bridge he's been living under.

Honestly, the Chiefs should have been proactive and put him on IR months ago. At least this would have been resolved for this season and would not have been a distraction. Just my opinion...

BlackOp 01-12-2019 11:05 AM

Berry is going to have to surgery if he wants to remain a Chief...so It's interesting that he refuses to just numb the pain. If it were to rupture, wouldn't the result be the same? He would still get surgery and be paid next year...

Unless he plans on retiring, it doesn't make sense...

TEX 01-12-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14026667)
KC will be fortunate if Watkins can play and be anything more than a decoy for the first series. I don't think he's had a full practice in 6 weeks.

Oh. I agree. And if so, his signing has been a total fail for this season. This game today is a huge part of why he was signed.

kccrow 01-12-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14026633)
The same way many COWARDS say it online.

If you're implying I'm a ****ing coward you have another ****ing thought coming you racist pile of shit. Eric Berry is a ****ing pussy. Some of us mother****ers have played ball a wee bit past ****ing high school.

TEX 01-12-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14026678)
Berry is going to have to surgery if he wants to remain a Chief...so It's interesting that he refuses to just numb the pain. If it were to rupture, wouldn't the result be the same? He would still get surgery and be paid next year...

Unless he plans on retiring, it doesn't make sense...

Exactly. Its not gonna get better without surgery, and even then its not 100% it will completely resolve the issue. But it does represent the best option for him to continue playing.

TEX 01-12-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14026684)
If you're implying I'm a ****ing coward you have another ****ing thought coming you racist pile of shit. Eric Berry is a ****ing pussy. Some of us mother****ers have played ball a wee bit past ****ing high school.

Yep. There's a reason this saga has played out the way it has. It has nothing to do with Berry wanting to be a "Playoff Savior." Though that was always acceptable for everyone, and make no mistake that EB knew this. We're here now, and EB is not, so its time for the Chiefs to move on without him in every way. Absorb any hit and move on. Do not ket this guy do this to you again bext season.

Mecca 01-12-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14026687)
Exactly. Its not gonna get better without surgery, and even then its not 100% it will completely resolve the issue. But it does represent the best option for him to continue playing.

If he thinks that surgery will make him worse...and he thinks the one he already had hurt him...

Why would he not do all he can to prolong this and continue to collect his massive check? I doubt he wants to quickly get surgery speed up this process and end up playing for the 49ers for peanuts compared to what he makes now.

UK_Chief 01-12-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14026667)

This is what I’m thinking as well. Him and Benjamin taking a few DBs away from Tyreek and Travis. Don’t bother throwing it to him unless he is completely open with a stroll into the End zone

Iowanian 01-12-2019 11:22 AM

If he doesn't play today they should put Berry on IR like should have happened earlier. If he can't play today I don't want to see the poor guy get hurt in the Super Bowl....better save him for the offseason.

I don't think he should just being a pussy at all...I just think his body is done.

Gravedigger 01-12-2019 11:25 AM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that Berry is still sitting out, or the fact that when they did his contract they didn't put in some language about his health deteriorating and being a way out of the agreement if this kind of shit happened. Or any contract that for that matter, if a player doesn't play for the essential entirety of two seasons, the team should be able to recoup some of that.

Iowanian 01-12-2019 11:26 AM

A 90% Watkins opens this offense up a lot. Ore and I'm grilled he can play today.

Bugeater 01-12-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14026658)
Houston was told by dr Andrews he was able to play. The chiefs wanted him to have surgery once the season was over and it was determined there was a problem

I’m not sure how the chiefs can force these guys to have surgery

They should be able to when they're paying them ridiculous money.