ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The big epiphany for me regarding this weekend's game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320463)

Tonka83 01-16-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14043180)
The Chiefs probably win at least one Super Bowl with Andy Reid and Andrew Luck and the defenses we had in 2013-2016.

Imagine adding a 40 TD QB to a team with the #2 defense, instead of not throwing a TD to a WR the entire year.

Luck isn't just "better than average." In a good year he's a top 5 QB.

I agree with this 100% Luck is a great quarterback and it's had to say where we would now if we had been able to draft him, but I would not rule out a Superbowl run or two. With that said, I am so glad things worked out the way they have. It looks like a very fun ride for a long time to come.

BigRedChief 01-16-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14040901)
There's no doubt I'll be devastated if we lose. It's tough to get this close to the goal and not actually get the thing done.

But then I'll go back and watch all of the Mahomes highlights from the game and realize that he's too good NOT to get there one of these years.

It'll be OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14040907)
This has been a great year to be a Chiefs fan. I think Chiefs fans are better equipped to deal with disappointment better than anybody else, so if we win it's just icing on the cake. I honestly believe that we are going to win though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14040911)
I just can't foresee any way I'll be crushed like I was say in 2003 or 1997.

Why?

Because this isn't a fluke. For one, I never expected them to be here in the first place. Second, just making the AFC Championship game seems like a dream that would NEVER be fulfilled. But the icing on the cake is that we finally have Patrick Mahomes and he's not just any 1st round QB, he's THE 1st round QB. He's the new NFL, the prototype.

So yeah, I expect a victory on Sunday. That's my brain. My heart will be disappointed if they lose. But it's not "the end" like it has been so many times before. It won't be for me, anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14040924)
I get what you are saying but I would be pretty devastated if the Chiefs lose to an aging and overrated patriots team next weekend at home. A loss in the SB would be easier to take (though still suck).

That said, I expected this team to be 7-9 to 9-7 due to a shit defense, a brutal schedule and growing pains by PM2 so this whole process as been pretty amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14040946)
My entire attitude has changed since they scored that final touchdown on Saturday.

Up until then, I was a miserable, paranoid whipped dog, sure that somehow everything was going to go to shit - that there would be a lost fumble, or an interception, some sort of series of freak plays/bad calls/wide left/fifth down/whatever and it would all go sideways at the end.

Then, in an instant, the monkey was gone. The curse was lifted. Last week I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in shitty weather on Saturday.

It's like I've been freed from prison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041061)
Yeah, it truly is. I guess it just took me a season of Mahomes to purge my system of the last 30 years of being a Chiefs fan.

I've been there in person when most of our collapses have occurred. I was a mess watching the game. When we fumbled, got a blocked punt etc, I thought shit, here we go. I couldn't eat or really enjoy the game even though we were up 3 scores until late in the game. My paranoia amused many.:)

Now, that feeling of doom is completely gone. Like Frazod and others have posted, the game cleansed me. I have no feelings of doom. They are just gone. I can just enjoy the next playoff game. I think we will win but if we don't, I wont be devastated like those other losses. Just regular fan disappointment. It feels good to be in that place. :D

milkman 01-16-2019 10:58 AM

Ask Jim (Logical) about next year.
Ask saccapoo.

eDave 01-16-2019 11:09 AM

I'll be much more upset if we lose this game than if we lose the SB.

I'm all in for this game. Getting nervous to just watch it. LOL

siberian khatru 01-16-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14043624)
Ask saccapoo.

Ask Yordano Ventura

htismaqe 01-16-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14043624)
Ask saccapoo.

Again, I think you're kind of missing the point.

milkman 01-16-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14043704)
Again, I think you're kind of missing the point.

No, I get it.

We are looking just looking at it from different perspectives.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14040880)
Screw that noise. Ask Marino about waiting til next year.

We’re going to open a 40 lb box of rape on the Pats.

Yup. We have a lot of contracts in flux. We may never be this healthy this late. Who knows when the next afc championship HOME game will be. Im optimistic about the future. But I'm not even thinking about next year. In our history, we've never been so well built to take it right now.

Ive been thinking about how the narrative the last game was about how we clowned them and if we had hoodie and Brady figured out. This year it's us with the chip on our shoulder because of our earlier season loss.

Reid is out for blood. Mahomes is out for blood. God I hope our defense is too.

milkman 01-16-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14044219)
Yup. We have a lot of contracts in flux. We may never be this healthy this late. Who knows when the next afc championship HOME game will be. Im optimistic about the future. But I'm not even thinking about next year. In our history, we've never been so well built to take it right now.

Ive been thinking about how the narrative the last game was about how we clowned them and if we had hoodie and Brady figured out. This year it's us with the chip on our shoulder because of our earlier season loss.

Reid is out for blood. Mahomes is out for blood. God I hope our defense is too.

I really think that replacing Parker and Scandrick with Lucus and Ward has really changed the dynamic of this defense.

The improved coverage and tackling on the back end allows for more attacking on the front end.

I'll be surprised is they give up 20 points.

staylor26 01-16-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14044288)
I really think that replacing Parker and Scandrick with Lucus and Ward has really changed the dynamic of this defense.

The improved coverage and tackling on the back end allows for more attacking on the front end.

I'll be surprised is they give up 20 points.

This is why I wouldn’t put Berry in that starting role. I think he should play Murray’s role.

They won’t do it, but I don’t want to mess with what’s working for somebody that hasn’t finished a game yet.

milkman 01-16-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14044321)
This is why I wouldn’t put Berry in that starting role. I think he should play Murray’s role.

They won’t do it, but I don’t want to mess with what’s working for somebody that hasn’t finished a game yet.

I'd be just fine with Berry in a very limited role.

WilliamTheIrish 01-17-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14041372)
I was a basketcase. I'd say the ratio between dreading acceptance of impending doom, grim determination that things would finally change, and actual happiness was about 80/19/1. Hell, I left work early on Friday because I was freaking out. And there was a thread about it, too - I certainly wasn't the only one. People must have thought I was an idiot for carrying on like that.

And now, it's just..... gone. How liberating.

Its so funny. I had some nerves on the Sunday prior to the game. But I was calm from Monday to Saturday just waiting for the game.

I was clam because we now have one of those QB thingies that we pined for. And I knew this year was different. I felt the Chiefs would win a close game against the Colts.

Now, I know we will destroy the Pats. They are now the team that is simply "in the way" of the Chiefs taking what is theirs.

htismaqe 01-17-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14044169)
No, I get it.

We are looking just looking at it from different perspectives.

Oh that's true. You're an old fart. :D

Chiefshrink 01-17-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14044321)

Just for lack of game shape alone. No way is he a 100% cardio game shape let alone hitting shape.:shake: Limited sure. Maybe just red zone possessions.:shrug:

Chris Meck 01-17-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14044364)
I'd be just fine with Berry in a very limited role.

I think a rotational player is smart. He takes Murray's reps, maybe more in particular spots.