ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs having internal meetings about changes to defensive coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320766)

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14061746)

I would love a scheme change. But I'm pretty sure Sutton is a huge part of the problem. I wouldn't love an internal hire like Mike Smith but wouldn't hate it either. If we coach back into an attack scheme, go back to the fundamentals, and simplify the defense... think that solves a lot more problems than we realize.

T-post Tom 01-21-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14061824)
I think this nepotism is overplayed. I don't think Britt's even close to any meaningful part of the problem. If at all. And I don't think Andy's stupid enough to not see how bad this would look. I also really doubt Britt's anywhere in the conversation.

Agree.

The Franchise 01-21-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14061834)
Go back to doing what you do best, which is being a tard in DC.

This

oaklandhater 01-21-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14061834)
Go back to doing what you do best, which is being a tard in DC.

don't give a **** about d.c right now **** dee ford :(

T-post Tom 01-21-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14061845)
I would love a scheme change. But I'm pretty sure Sutton is a huge part of the problem. I wouldn't love an internal hire like Mike Smith but wouldn't hate it either. If we coach back into an attack scheme, go back to the fundamentals, and simplify the defense... think that solves a lot more problems than we realize.

Guess it will all boil down to who's available. But I really think the Chiefs would be an attractive landing spot for most potential hires. You have a top flight offense with a premier QB...and a team that went into OT in the AFCCG sporting the 31st ranked defense. I'm hoping there's a viable candidate from a team like the Ravens or Bills. A team with a top 15 defense and some history with beating the Pats. (I would not be surprised to see the Chiefs and Pats back in the AFCCG next year.)

-King- 01-21-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14061720)
why our DB's suck ass?

If it was me I would try to get Kris Richard if possible. He is not listed as D-coordinator with the Cowboys so maybe he could come here as a promotion.

They sucked because other than Fuller, we don't have a guy that should start on any team.

Scandrick
Nelson
Berry (his current state)
Murray
Parker
Lucas
Sorensen

Are all 3rd string type guys and we had them starting for us. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

-King- 01-21-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 14061795)
Hey, Bob Sutton just doesn't have the talent necessary to run his defense. He'd rape faces if he had:

Reggie White DE
Vince Wilfork NT
Chris Jones DE
Lawrence Taylor ROLB
Derrick Johnson RILB
Brian Urlacher LILB
Bobby Bell LOLB
Deion Sanders RCB
Darelle Revis LCB
Ronnie Lott SS
Deron Cherry FS

Clearly, its a talent problem

It was a Bob problem and a talent problem. We started at least 6 players that shouldn't be starters. That's not going to work on any level

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14061864)
They sucked because other than Fuller, we don't have a guy that should start on any team.

Scandrick
Nelson
Berry (his current state)
Murray
Parker
Lucas
Sorensen

Are all 3rd string type guys and we had them starting for us. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Sorenson balled out last night for the most part but he should be the 3rd safety.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061682)
To what? I firmly believe that the scheme we ran was the correct scheme.

It's why we wanted the Patriots all week.

But you have to win the matchups. You're not going to sit back in a zone against Brady.

At that point in the game it obviously WASN'T WORKING, so you try something else.

Or don't and let them complete the same playover and over until you lose.

You might lose anyway but at least you tried something.

Easy 6 01-21-2019 05:52 PM

This better happen on multiple levels, blow it the hell up and start fresh... new coach, new scheme, all of it

Identify the players who fit a 43 and keep them, then offload the rest at every opportunity... let the turnover begin

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14061891)
At that point in the game it obviously WASN'T WORKING, so you try something else.

Or don't and let them complete the same playover and over until you lose.

You might lose anyway but at least you tried something.

This is going to sound contrary to what everyone else believes but I think dropping our LB into the lanes they were throwing the slants would have worked, we weren't getting to Brady anyway. Run man to man on the outside and have the LB drop into zone and rush the front 3.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061898)
This is going to sound contrary to what everyone else believes but I think dropping our LB into the lanes they were throwing the slants would have worked, we weren't getting to Brady anyway. Run man to man on the outside and have the LB drop into zone and rush the front 3.

At least that would have been SOMETHING different. By that point in the game the 16 year old kid in front of me was calling out what they were going to do just like Tony Romo.

Titty Meat 01-21-2019 05:59 PM

What I wouldn't do for a guy like Peterson or Ramsey along with a new DC

Kman34 01-21-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061898)

What is sad is Tony Romo calling out the plays the Pats were going to run before the snap and our coaches don't have a clue..... Romo almost called who the ball was going to every time according to our defensive personnel on the field....

O.city 01-21-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14061916)
What I wouldn't do for a guy like Peterson or Ramsey along with a new DC

I’m gonna guess one of those two are a chief next year