ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs USA Today hit piece on the Chiefs' "Brutal History of Domestic Violence" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322986)

Mecca 05-17-2019 08:57 AM

You don't lose the most explosive player in the league and have no consequence from it, acting that way is dumb at best.

rabblerouser 05-17-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14272691)
I don't understand why CP is so triggered about the idea of losing Hill. This team is a Super Bowl favorite even if they cut Hill today.

They couldn't even beat the Patriots WITH Hill, lost to them twice last year.

Got shut out in the 1st half of the AFCCG, iirc...

rabblerouser 05-17-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14272704)
You don't lose the most explosive player in the league and have no consequence from it, acting that way is dumb at best.

Look at the source of that information, though...

Titty Meat 05-17-2019 08:58 AM

Every article written you disagree with = hit piece

this site has turned into Arrowhead Addict

srvy 05-17-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14272593)
I am pretty much a saint I guess. All my years on the earth and I’ve never punched a woman or a child

As far as we know.

BigBeauford 05-17-2019 09:00 AM

The Chiefs are angling to be one of the next household franchises (like the patriots, packers, steelers, cowboys) thanks to Mahomes. With that comes the extra scrutiny and national stories like this one. Fans need to be able to handle the spotlight of their team and not get so worked up when "Does Mahomes body language indicate turmoil in the locker room?" stories start hitting on a weekly basis, because the Chiefs are an interesting team.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14272709)
Every article written you disagree with = hit piece

this site has turned into Arrowhead Addict

This is a total hit piece. It's even WORSE than the Star's clickbait.

Digging up 30-year old dirt to try and paint the Chiefs as some sort of haven for domestic abusers?

Extending that "reveal" to people who have nothing to do with the football program?

It's total schlock.

I hope we win the Super Bowl by 80 points, Tyreek Hill wins MVP, and pulls out a newspaper and wipes his ass with it.

Frazod 05-17-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14272661)
Obviously your employer is an asshole who needs to watch who he hires, it's all their fault man.

Too bad the guy greased himself. Some unfortunate company missed out on the opportunity to be the organization that turned the poor lost soul around.

Probably would have got a nice plaque from the local chamber of commerce. :whackit:

Hammock Parties 05-17-2019 09:05 AM

I mean what's ****ing next?

"Lack of gender diversity in Chiefs' front office paints troubling picture of rampant NFL misogyny."

RealSNR 05-17-2019 09:05 AM

What the **** is the team supposed to do about the two murder suicides?

Those were two employees who showed no track record of violence in their pasts. The Chiefs employed them. Then the two guys went nuts.

How the **** is that part of the Chiefs cultures. The kinds of people they bring in? They don't have a magic ****ing crystal ball.

Mecca 05-17-2019 09:05 AM

Whatever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?

Is Frank Clark in jail..no? How about Hill..oh he's not?

Then they can do their jobs if an employer will hire them, so if you have an issue with that, take it up with the NFL and the legal system.

FringeNC 05-17-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14272729)
I mean what's ****ing next?

"Lack of gender diversity in Chiefs' front office paints troubling picture of rampant NFL misogyny."

At this rate, give it 6 months...

Nixhex 05-17-2019 09:09 AM

The Chiefs are a big part of the problem but how is this not a hit piece when many other teams are just as bad if not worse? Is it because the Chiefs are good and the Hill story is current that it will get more clicks than choosing the Broncos to slam instead? Yes. They could have chosen any team to write this exact same story about. A good journalist would have looked at the league as a whole and not singled out one team.

staylor26 05-17-2019 09:09 AM

You know why this shit pisses me off the most?

If these media people had any kind of integrity they’d point out that the Chiefs at least tried to do the right thing with Hunt and got ****ed HARD.

That’s is the perfect example of why this is an NFL problem, not the Chiefs.

ptlyon 05-17-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14272737)
With Brooke reporting on the Chiefs, give it 6 minutes...

FYP