ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You get to pick any Chief from all time in his prime to join this team. Who? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323405)

oldman 06-14-2019 07:28 AM

To turn the tables on that old vs. new argument, how many of today's stars would be great in the 70s, 80s, or 90s? Brady wouldn't have lasted as long as he has and most of the WRs wouldn't have been able to handle the contact. Take away their year around conditioning programs, evolved diets, and have them work another job during the off season and many would be JAGs.

smithandrew051 06-14-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14307987)
lawrene taylor isnt old enough, im talking pre 1980. Great great players for their time but they wouldn't hold up now days. Also, I get it if they were born now and had the nutrition and training these guys have they would probably be fine but if you take the player out of their time and move them into now days they would get slaughtered

Absolutely.

I always hear about how “real men played back then when you could actually hit”...

If they allowed the freak athletes in todays game to hit like they used to (allowing helmet slaps, using their helmets as weapons, launching, etc), people would probably die every season or suffer severe brain damage. These athletes are just too big, fast, and strong for that stuff any more.

Kman34 06-14-2019 07:37 AM

It would be fun to see Otis Taylor play with Mahomes... and yes .. he would still be a badass today.. 6’ 3” 215lbs.. sub 4.5 40

Hydrae 06-14-2019 07:41 AM

My first thought was Shields then I saw mention of Roaf. Either way, shore up that OL for years to come and keep Pat clean all game long.

tyton75 06-14-2019 07:41 AM

For this particular team... Tim Grunhard, Priest, Will Shields, Tony G, Ronnie Lott

Shiver Me Timbers 06-14-2019 07:42 AM

Bobby Bell
HOF 83
Dude was a game changer

Rain Man 06-14-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14307774)
I appreciate all the old guy responses, I really do. But it's just so tough to guess how they would fare in the current game. Football players are so much bigger, stronger, faster now.

In exercises like this, I assume that players transfer their dominance across eras without regard to changes in rules, training, steroids, medical care, the shape of the ball, and that sort of thing. Otherwise I get bogged down in stuff that's not really the point of the game.

tatorhog 06-14-2019 07:48 AM

I gotta go with Bobby Bell, however Buck Buchanan is a close second. the stitched together version of SB 1 puts Buck on full display, he was destroying GBs line. He was the one Chief that was truly killing it that game.

On offense, I would have to vote for either Jack Rudnay at C, or maybe Holub too . A good center will go a long way with this team.

I'm going also to throw out a dark horse, John Matuszak, roids or no he would bring a nastiness to the D that it sorely needs.

smithandrew051 06-14-2019 08:15 AM

Prime Revis Island is really hard to pass. He completely shut down half of the field for like 5 or 6 seasons. Add him to this defense, and they are much better.

Tony G on offense is a pretty safe pick. Those two TE sets would be nasty.

Jamaal Charles would also be a good pick. His best years were in bad offenses. Imagine his yards per touch in this offense.

I have a hard time picking an OL. Mahomes gets the ball out so quick that he elevates the play of his line. I think a skill position player would be more impactful.

Prime Justin Houston is tempting. Imagine a DL of Clark, Jones, Okafor, Houston. Or maybe Poe. Having Poe and Jones at DT would boost the DL quite a bit.

Adding DJ to MLB would be awesome too.

Eric Berry at safety gives us an elite safety group. Berry, Mathieu, Thornhill. That’s big time.

Lots of good options here.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-14-2019 08:22 AM

Jerrel Wilson

ChiefBlueCFC 06-14-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14307543)
Dwayne Bowe never got a fair shake.

For real, wish we could've seen Bowe in his prime with competent quarterbacks

SuperBowl4 06-14-2019 08:29 AM

Lindley Franklin Elliott Jr.

TimBone 06-14-2019 08:29 AM

Could you ****ing imagine Charles in this offense?

Jesus, man. Colquitt wouldn't even have to dress on Sundays.

ChiefBlueCFC 06-14-2019 08:29 AM

Man only 1? Stuck between DT, Dale Carter, Albert Lewis or Bobby Bell

Jamaal would be amazing in this offense as well! Shit I can't decide

suzzer99 06-14-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14308019)
In exercises like this, I assume that players transfer their dominance across eras without regard to changes in rules, training, steroids, medical care, the shape of the ball, and that sort of thing. Otherwise I get bogged down in stuff that's not really the point of the game.

Damn that means the Giants get to use Jim Thorpe and dominate the shit out of everyone.