ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ESPN Playoff Machine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335203)

KChiefs1 12-08-2020 08:15 AM

Chiefs now at 57% to get the bye:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/

Skyy God 12-08-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15381738)

Seems about right.

And, while it remains to be seen with the new playoff format, most modern SB teams have the benefit of a bye.

Skyy God 12-08-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15381633)
Dude, have you watched them play?

Hill is pretty efficient and running the ball, he's a weapon.

With the Chiefs struggles against the run, he could tear them a new hole.

It won't be an easy game either way.

You should start a “Taysom Hill or Mahomes” Deberg thread for your new crush. He just put up 78 passing yards against Denver, with a pick.

He’s inexperienced at QB. Our secondary is statistically pretty good at coverage, which lets the D play more guys closer to the LOS to negate his running ability. Spags is great at adaptive scheming, and running isn’t really the way to beat MVPat.

Could we lose the game, sure. We absolutely shouldn’t, however.

cripple creek 12-08-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15346215)
They could still **** things up for themselves. Old habits are hard to break.

yep! you can take the raiders out of choakland but you can't take the choak out of the raiders

BWillie 12-08-2020 11:08 AM

If both the Chiefs and Steelers win out (I know unlikely) who would get HFA and the #1 seed?

Stryker 12-08-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15382064)
If both the Chiefs and Steelers win out (I know unlikely) who would get HFA and the #1 seed?

Steelers - we lost to the AFC - they lost to the NFC (if both win out).

Hailchief 12-08-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15382064)

Steelers - we lost to a AFC opponent and they lost to a NFC team

DaFace 12-08-2020 11:20 AM

Not that it really means anything, but 538's model give us a 57% chance at the bye, which generally means it thinks the Steelers are gonna drop a game or two.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/

htismaqe 12-08-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15381733)
Oh for ****sakes!

htismaqe has went full Deberg now! :doh!:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15381749)
You should start a “Taysom Hill or Mahomes” Deberg thread for your new crush. He just put up 78 passing yards against Denver, with a pick.

He’s inexperienced at QB. Our secondary is statistically pretty good at coverage, which lets the D play more guys closer to the LOS to negate his running ability. Spags is great at adaptive scheming, and running isn’t really the way to beat MVPat.

ROFL

You guys are hilarious.

The bottom line here is that their defense is legitimately good. If the Broncos can shut them down like they did, so can the Saints.

The big difference is that they likely won't push the ball with Hill and limit his turnovers. His ability to make plays with his feet can cause problems for the Chiefs defense because you know, Frank Clark ****ing sucks.

Unless that's changed, which is entirely possible because it is CP after all.

Dante84 12-08-2020 11:26 AM

Okay what is our Hardest (realistic) route to winning the Super Bowl, and what is our Easiest (realistic) route to winning the Super Bowl?

Dante84 12-08-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15381749)

Will Brees be back by the time we play the Saints?

htismaqe 12-08-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15382110)
Okay what is our Hardest (realistic) route to winning the Super Bowl, and what is our Easiest (realistic) route to winning the Super Bowl?

The easiest route is to win out and have Pittsburgh lose one more game.

Then we get the bye and only have to play 2 playoff games.

It really doesn't get much easier than that.

Dante84 12-08-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15382117)
The easiest route is to win out and have Pittsburgh lose one more game.

Then we get the bye and only have to play 2 playoff games.

It really doesn't get much easier than that.

I meant in terms of the teams we are playing. Definitely subjective, but curious as to the preferred and least preferred paths.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-08-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15382110)

This is a hard question when it comes to the Chiefs because we all know if they just play their B+ game, they’re probably going to beat anyone in the AFC. But they can lose to anybody in there too if they come out making mistakes.

Right now, I think Buffalo is the best AFC team outside of Kansas City if Allen is on. I don’t think Pittsburgh can hang with Kansas City. Cleveland could be dangerous with their run game and ability to rush the passer. Vegas has played us tough but I wouldn’t be afraid of them in a cold round 3 at Arrowhead (Carr in the cold is cheeks). Indy wouldn’t scare me a lot, Tennessee is too depleted to hang with Kansas City. Baltimore probably is too but their defense is good enough that maybe they stay in the game if they somehow pull off a pick 6 or something.

htismaqe 12-08-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15382149)
I meant in terms of the teams we are playing. Definitely subjective, but curious as to the preferred and least preferred paths.

Regular season or playoffs?

Looks like pugs already covered possible playoff matchups.