ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337032)

Sofa King 03-11-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15579429)
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.

Hypothetically, if this were true, I'd see veach flipping a 2nd rounder + something next year. probably another 2nd or 3rd.

bobhill 03-11-2021 10:11 AM

Trent Williams

FloridaMan88 03-11-2021 10:18 AM

How is Brown's pass blocking?

He wasn't asked to do much pass blocking in the Ravens run-often offense.

htismaqe 03-11-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15579483)

Well the reality is that Brown got moved to RT because Stanley beat him out.

So he not only played in a run-first offense, he played RT.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-11-2021 10:28 AM

A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.

wazu 03-11-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15579520)
A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.

And a guy who is demanding to play LT, but has been playing RT. Yeah, I like your plan better.

RunKC 03-11-2021 10:49 AM

Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on

Bowser 03-11-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15579429)
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.

Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15579601)
Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on

This, too.

htismaqe 03-11-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15579674)
Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.

A few quality guys are going to get cut because of the cap situation. This isn't going to be a normal free agency period.

As for Brown, he CAN play LT but Stanley is simply BETTER. They can't afford to keep both of them, due to the contract demands, so Brown is the odd man out.

That doesn't mean I want Brown - I honestly don't think he's a great fit in KC for a LT but he IS an NFL left tackle and somebody will likely pick him up at some point because Baltimore simply can't keep him.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-11-2021 11:47 AM

Brown doesn’t make sense for us IMHO.

Sofa King 03-11-2021 12:46 PM

Brown to KC, it’s happening.

JakeF 03-11-2021 02:15 PM

Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?

TRR 03-11-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15579483)

Much better than I thought. He also was asked to extend blocks routinely in the pass game as Lamar likes to hold the ball and scramble around. Mahomes doesn’t do this as much as Lamar, but it is certainly a part of his game right now. Brown has the longest arms I may have ever seen. If he gets them on you, forget about it. He doesn’t have amazing feet, but enough athleticism to get the job done at LT. Was impressed with how he played against Myles Garrett.

He’s also a beast in the run game. Absolute beast. The Ravens pulled him more than I thought as well.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-11-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15579912)
Brown to KC, it’s happening.

Sorry. The Franchise and Chris Meck already told me it’s not happening

The Franchise 03-11-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15580891)
Sorry. The Franchise and Chris Meck already told me it’s not happening

Bet me then.

If we trade for Orlando Brown, I can’t post for a month. If we sign Trent Williams, you can’t post for a month.

If neither happens....then nothing happens.