ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Odds for who is coaching next: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341832)

chiefzilla1501 02-07-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16133595)
That’s not exactly a leap of faith there. He came up from under Shanahan. He’s going to be *a* version of Shanahan.

I just never heard of anybody anywhere clamoring for this guy.

But the Dolphins can’t hire anybody worth knowing because they’re toxic right now (and probably all the time).

If you listen to his press conferences, the dude really knows his football. We will see how that translates to head coaching. But from an Xs and Os standpoint and the technical aspects of the game, dude is really smart

Direckshun 02-08-2022 05:27 AM

Well folks, this thread's journey is at an end.

Dennis Allen has gotten the job for the Saints, and Lovie Smith for the Texans.

Nine vacancies, only two of which interviewed Bienemy. Bienemy was of course not hired for any of them.

There were so many garbage hires this cycle. The Texans hiring Lovie Smith makes absolutely no sense.

It's hard to say the Dolphins made a stupid hire when they probably couldn't hire basically anybody.

Normally, I'd say the same of the Saints, but they did have one of the best coaches in the building at one point in Bienemy, and let him walk for Dennis freaking Allen. That may be the worst call of the entire offseason.

The Broncos hire was a single-minded attempt to lure in Aaron Rodgers -- obviously, if it fails, than the Broncos will likely fire Hackett after a year. So low-risk (other than another wasted season), high-reward.

Eberflus makes... no sense as a head coaching hire for the Bears unless he makes a godlike hire for OC.

Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota is... fine. Same with Josh McDaniels in Vegas.

Doug Pederson only makes sense to develop Trevor Lawrence, and given the job he did with Wentz.... yikes?

The only hire that inspires me at all was hiring Brian Daboll.

That being said, at least 7 of these teams will be hiring a new HC within two years. I bet at least 3 of these guys are fired after one season.

lawrenceRaider 02-08-2022 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16133560)
The Dolphins just hired Mike McDaniel.

Wow.

They got confused and thought they were hiring the other McDaniel.

Direckshun 02-08-2022 07:30 AM

To kill a little time, here's grades and predictions:

O'Connell to the Vikings is a B, and I think he'll last 4-5 seasons.
Allen to the Saints is an F, and I think he'll last 1 season.
Daboll to the Giants is an A-, and I think he'll last 6+ seasons.
McDaniel to the Raiders is an B-, and I think he'll last 4-5 seasons.
Hackett to the Broncos is a D, and I think he'll last 1 season, unless they snag Rodgers then he'll last Rodgers tenure + 1 season.
Pederson to the Jaguars is a C, and I think he'll last 3 seasons.
McDaniel to the Dolphins is an F (grading on a curve, it may be a C), and I think he'll last 1 season.
Eberflus to the Bears is an F, and I think he'll last 2 seasons.
Smith to the Texans is a D, and I think he'll last 1 season.