ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Imon Yourside 11-13-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9116900)
Always like watching Kansas basketball, good luck the rest of the season although you won't need it. Self can do wonders with any team.

Quit being Nice, I want to hate you...My Wisconsin buddy says You are the worst fans in the world. :p

Pants 11-13-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9116868)
I'm really disappointed with Ellis tonight.

It was his 2nd real college game ever. Can you please relax a little?

lewdog 11-13-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9116905)
Quit being Nice, I want to hate you...My Wisconsin buddy says You are the worst fans in the world. :p

My comeback.........two words.

Bo Ryan.

Imon Yourside 11-13-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9116910)
My comeback.........two words.

Bo Ryan.

Ya I know, if only the shot clock didn't exist.

ArrowheadHawk 11-13-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9116907)

I'm a little frustrating having had to watch KU football and the Chiefs. Excuse me for expecting more out of the one team I like that isn't completely incompetent.

Imon Yourside 11-13-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9116914)
I'm a little frustrating having had to watch KU football and the Chiefs. Excuse me for expecting more out of the one team I like that isn't completely incompetent.

Yup, I've watched every miserable ****ing KU fball game and it makes me want to kill kittens. I fully expected the Chiefs to suck badly and even they've exceeded my expectations.

CoMoChief 11-13-2012 08:49 PM

Withey is a pussy

He needs to start throwing around the big stick like Aldrich did in the paint.

Bearcat 11-13-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9116890)
Sorry, while I think this is a meaningless loss for KU, I would always take any win over any loss.

I don't even....

The kids want to play competitive basketball, the coaches want them to gain all the experience possible, the fans want to watch the best teams compete..... there may actually be less value in playing a D2 school than scrimmaging against your own bench.

:spock:

ArrowheadHawk 11-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9116936)
I don't even....

The kids want to play competitive basketball, the coaches want them to gain all the experience possible, the fans want to watch the best teams compete..... there may actually be less value in playing a D2 school than scrimmaging against your own bench.

I agree. I wan't to play Michigan States schedule. Also they should change this Champions Classic into a two day tournament. That would put this thing over the top.

petegz28 11-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9116895)
Well being an MU fan you need all those you can get so yeah. Lol

It has nothing to do with being an MU fan. I was merely stating I would take any win over any loss regardless of opponent.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9116814)
Plenty of teams in the Big10 are boring, mostly Wisconsin. But please don't put MSU in that category and I won't continue.

Pelini is like Wisconsin bball, can we agree on that?

MSU and Michigan are the exceptions. Most B1G basketball is unwatchable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9116849)
Not sure what there is to be angry about. The outcome of this game is almost completely meaningless to what KU will do this year. For myself, I was happy that they actually played well unlike the terrible game against SEMO (and the exhibitions).

That's where I'm at. It sucks we lost, but we played better than I expected. The SEMO game was horrid. I thought we would lose this one by quite a bit. Particularly when they were moving the ball around and getting easy ones. Fortunately, they were dumb and started trying to go one on one and turned the ball over a ****load. They tried to get physical with us and we handled it better than I expected. Maybe that's a product of TRob killing people in practice. Either way, pretty good performance for a Self team in November. If they can not let down too much, and Self can turn it on in January, watch the **** out.

I was glad EJ got off the bus. All the talk about him being hurt scared me. But someone needs to step up outside. Tharpe didn't do horrible out there, but I'm not seeing enough defensively, and I'm still scarred by all the pants pissing he did last year. TT is definitely missed. TT contributed way beyond his stats.

I like the way Releford is playing. He's turning the ball over some, but hopefully we can put a lid on that, but it looked like last year he lost his confidence. I'm glad he's got it back. He can really do some good.

Withey needs to get his head out of his ass. He let a lot of shit go and expected to block the shot. Inexusable.

TRAYLOR! Dude is a ****ing BAMF. Really impressed.

I was hoping McLemore would do a little more. He was struggling against the physical play of MSU it appeared to me.

Ellis played really well early and then got out of it. I don't know if they made adjustments or if he faded, but he can be really good.

Overall, this team is way more talented than last year's team. But TT and TRob were really special and the team has to be a LOT better in the other positions to replace that. I keep saying it, but I think it is important.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9116855)
This is Kansas. When you are favored to win you need to win the damn game.

Favored based on what exactly? I had no idea whether KU was better than MSU before that game and I still don't have any real idea.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9116872)
I'm not sure if he was asked, or if he forced it on his own.

Both it seems.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9116890)
Sorry, while I think this is a meaningless loss for KU, I would always take any win over any loss.

This isn't college football, though. Sometimes losses like this help you get to where you want to go more than wins would.

ArrowheadHawk 11-13-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9116963)
Favored based on what exactly? I had no idea whether KU was better than MSU before that game and I still don't have any real idea.

I base this on people who get paid for their opinion to rank the teams.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9116907)

Ellis looked rattled throughout the game. Lacked toughness on the boards. I don't know why anybody would have expected different at this point, though. The raw talent is there.

McLemore on the other hand dealt with it much better. He's, of course, been playing with these guys for a while now.

ArrowheadHawk 11-13-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9116973)
Ellis looked rattled throughout the game. Lacked toughness on the boards. I don't know why anybody would have expected different at this point, though. The raw talent is there.

McLemore on the other hand dealt with it much better. He's, of course, been playing with these guys for a while now.

I'm not sure if you noticed the Harris kid who was also playing in his second game.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9116971)
I base this on people who get paid for their opinion to rank the teams.

KenPom had this as a two point KU loss. His system was right on the mark, though I'm not entirely sure what it was basing it on either.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:05 PM

In other news Duke is physically outmatched. By a lot.

petegz28 11-13-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9116969)
This isn't college football, though. Sometimes losses like this help you get to where you want to go more than wins would.

I'm not saying there isn't value in a loss but again, a win is a win, a loss is a loss, strictly speaking. This loss won't hurt KU at all and it was on a neutral court. I was just addressing Mr T's statement about rather lose to a good team than stomp a bad team.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9116976)
I'm not sure if you noticed the Harris kid who was also playing in his second game.

Irrelevant (as different freshmen develop at different rates) and also a bit of a false analogy (This was, for all intents and purposes, Ellis' first game against real competition; it was Harris' 2nd considering his poor performance against a good team in UConn).

Bearcat 11-13-2012 09:08 PM

It's November, and we're breaking out kenpom to rationalize a loss that will mean nothing when it's all said and done...... no idea why other fan bases hate us.

LMAO

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9116982)
I'm not saying there isn't value in a loss but again, a win is a win, a loss is a loss, strictly speaking. This loss won't hurt KU at all and it was on a neutral court. I was just addressing Mr T's statement about rather lose to a good team than stomp a bad team.

I'd take a win in a game like this than a loss in a game like this. However, I'd take a loss in this than a win over nonamestateuniversity.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

To put it simply, early in the season, I'd rather play well than play like shit. KU played well tonight in their loss, they played like shit last weekend. This was progress and bodes well for them.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9116988)
It's November, and we're breaking out kenpom to rationalize a loss that will mean nothing when it's all said and done...... no idea why other fan bases hate us.

LMAO

I didn't rationalize any loss using KenPom. The loss doesn't make a bit of a difference to me. I was questioning why KU was considered a favorite in a game like this when we really didn't have any clue how good these two teams were (and KU was coming off the performances that they had).

petegz28 11-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9116989)
I'd take a win in a game like this than a loss in a game like this. However, I'd take a loss in this than a win over nonamestateuniversity.

I'm not real familiar with KU's team this year. In MU's case with a ton of new players I think the games against nonamestateuniversity help a lot. If you have a team that has a core that carried over then stiffer competition early could be the prescription. Time and tide, I guess.

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9116981)

Good. Hate those guys. Hope they lose.

Bearcat 11-13-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Losing to a ranked team in November won't hurt in March. Doing nothing but beating up on inferior competition in November will hurt in March. How could you have not learned something about SoS after last year?

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9117003)
Losing to a ranked team in November won't hurt in March. Doing nothing but beating up on inferior competition in November will hurt in March. How could you have not learned something about SoS after last year?

You never know when you'll get Norfolked.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9117000)
I'm not real familiar with KU's team this year. In MU's case with a ton of new players I think the games against nonamestateuniversity help a lot. If you have a team that has a core that carried over then stiffer competition early could be the prescription. Time and tide, I guess.

I don't know what MU is packing, but most of our productivity is gone. But I'd think it'd be more important for a young team to know what to work on. Younger kids can develop bad habits and think they can do things that won't work against competition in cupcake games.

Bearcat 11-13-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9116995)
I didn't rationalize any loss using KenPom. The loss doesn't make a bit of a difference to me. I was questioning why KU was considered a favorite in a game like this when we really didn't have any clue how good these two teams were (and KU was coming off the performances that they had).

I probably should have quoted AH, since I was referring to his ridiculousness.... no one should have to explain how baseless rankings and odds are at this point of the season.

noa 11-13-2012 09:16 PM

Watched the game, but haven't read the whole thread. I wouldn't be worried at all about KU this year. This is the type of game I would expect this team to lose. They've barely played together against real competition. And KU lost this game last year and went to the championship. It always takes Self a little while to figure out the right balance. And as the younger guys get more experience, they'll be more composed towards the end.

I'm also very excited about Traylor. He showed some awesome stuff tonight.

petegz28 11-13-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117009)
I don't know what MU is packing, but most of our productivity is gone. But I'd think it'd be more important for a young team to know what to work on. Younger kids can develop bad habits and think they can do things that won't work against competition in cupcake games.

You could argue it both ways, I guess. MU has 10 newcomers. The only ones really playing that were on the team last year are Flip and Bowers and Bowers was out all season last year. I've literally had to re-learn the roster because of all the new faces. Well, Dixon too but he has yet to play. MU could very well be going up against Louisville here in a week so it isn't like the are far off from playing a top-ranked team.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:23 PM

What the hell did I miss? Why is Indiana #1?

noa 11-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117029)

Cody Zeller and a few other guys

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117029)

Zeller pretty much.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:28 PM

I can't remember. What did they do in the tournament last year?

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117046)

Your mom?

See you Friday night bitch.

Buehler445 11-13-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9117048)
Your mom?

See you Friday night bitch.

I might have to leave town.

Why can't you fly in a light breeze? Pussy.

petegz28 11-13-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9116981)

And up by 2

Chief_For_Life58 11-13-2012 10:07 PM

ill take last possession losses to ranked teams anyday in november if it means were dusting off the dancing shoes come march

KC_Connection 11-13-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117046)

Lost to Anthony Davis like everyone else.

BWillie 11-14-2012 12:15 AM

Why do ppl think Kevin Young is any good ? Odd he was put in on a defensive possession towards the end of the game and then continued to blow it. Terrible defender. .. has no position... is really only good at offensive put backs

Imon Yourside 11-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9117454)
Why do ppl think Kevin Young is any good ? Odd he was put in on a defensive possession towards the end of the game and then continued to blow it. Terrible defender. .. has no position... is really only good at offensive put backs

I was wondering that myself, he's definitely a liability on defense.

Silock 11-14-2012 12:45 AM

Not at all concerned about this loss. It happens. Self will use this. Better now than in conference play.

Buehler445 11-14-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9117454)

I was telling my wife that I was pissed he was in there. He sucks. He got some PT last year but it was him or Wesley :spock:

I can't believe KU went to a national championship with him and Wesley first off the bench.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117072)
I might have to leave town.

Why can't you fly in a light breeze? Pussy.

50-70 MPH winds in a C172?

Okay I am a pussy... An alive pussy, thats coming to your house and drinking your beer. You better stock up big boy.

Buehler445 11-14-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9117817)
50-70 MPH winds in a C172?

Okay I am a pussy... An alive pussy, thats coming to your house and drinking your beer. You better stock up big boy.

Eh, you're good for it. And I think some of them were higher than 70 out here. I'll buy some alligators for the moat and put some archers in the tower.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9117895)
Eh, you're good for it. And I think some of them were higher than 70 out here. I'll buy some alligators for the moat and put some archers in the tower.

When I was flying pipeline, I landed in Guthrie with 55 MPH wind about 30 degress off the nose. Landed at full throttle and almost flipped the plane trying to taxi...

There were two of us in the plane, TJ and I, it took us both all of our strength to hold the rudder down to land in that wind...

No thanks...

Mr. Laz 11-14-2012 10:12 AM

why is everyone surprised that we struggle offensively?

KU froshies starting slow is another thing that nobody should be surprised about

SOP

the only concern for me is how the departure of Manning will effect our bigs

Saul Good 11-14-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9118062)
why is everyone surprised that we struggle offensively?

KU froshies starting slow is another thing that nobody should be surprised about

SOP

the only concern for me is how the departure of Manning will effect our bigs

Don't you worry. Perry Ellis will get the hang of banging.

http://m.ljworld.com/news/2012/nov/1...anging/?sports

Saul Good 11-15-2012 07:33 PM

Little basketball game going on in Larry.

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 07:44 PM

KU in deep shit tonight... Chattanooga whipping that ass....

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 07:51 PM

Cobb from Chatt is breaking it off in KU...

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 07:53 PM

Cobb 6-7 from 3... Eating KU for lunch... Guarded, on the run, etc...

petegz28 11-15-2012 07:55 PM

This si the first time I have watched KU this year. They don't look like a typical Bill Self team. No transition from defense to offense. Well, not like what I am used to seeing from Self teams.

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9121953)
This si the first time I have watched KU this year. They don't look like a typical Bill Self team. No transition from defense to offense. Well, not like what I am used to seeing from Self teams.

lots of freshmen....

Silock 11-15-2012 07:58 PM

This game sucks. #7 my ass.

petegz28 11-15-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9121957)
lots of freshmen....

Is Young supposed to be one of the leaders of the team this year?

Braincase 11-15-2012 07:59 PM

I have a feeling that there is visible discomfort in the KU locker room at the half of this POS.

chiefsfan987 11-15-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9121969)
This game sucks. #7 my ass.

Pretty much. Although I think they'll be good by the end of the season, what we've seen so far this year isn't a top 25 team right now. Not even cose.

Weren't we down big to this team last time we played them as well?

Pants 11-15-2012 08:02 PM

And we thought KU had some issues on offense last year.

lulz

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9121978)
Pretty much. Although I think they'll be good by the end of the season, what we've seen so far this year isn't a top 25 team right now. Not even cose.

Weren't we down big to this team last time we played them as well?

yes, typical early season self teams...

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9121970)

no

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:03 PM

reminds me alot of the oral roberts game a few years ago...

petegz28 11-15-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9121994)
no

I didn't think so but he seems to be acting like he is the man. Just noticing his expressions and body language and stuff.

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:15 PM

30 of the 42 points at this time from 3....

KU getting shot out of the building.

Ceej 11-15-2012 08:16 PM

This reminds me of when ISU visited KU years ago.

Kantrail Horton and Jamal Tinsley went nuts.

KC_Connection 11-15-2012 08:16 PM

Embarrassing. This team needs to wake up.

petegz28 11-15-2012 08:17 PM

Ok, now KU turns it around and pulls it out

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-15-2012 08:19 PM

OK I can't see the game, what's the issue? Can't hit shots? No defense? Undisciplined?

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9122030)
OK I can't see the game, what's the issue? Can't hit shots? No defense? Undisciplined?

all the above...

and UTC have hit 10-14 from 3

Buehler445 11-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9121970)

No. Young is shit.

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9122044)
No. Young is shit.

I like his hair though.... old school

Buehler445 11-15-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9122048)
I like his hair though.... old school

He needs to get it to the Dr. J level.

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9122049)

and some socks

looks like KU bball players were let out of class a little late...

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9122049)

Like Fletch?

petegz28 11-15-2012 08:28 PM

I don't know which is worse? A half-empty MU arena against Alcorn St. or a full house AFH goign crazy over a game against UTC?

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9122056)
I don't know which is worse? A half-empty MU arena against Alcorn St. or a full house AFH goign crazy over a game against UTC?

KU fans love them some basketball....

Reerun_KC 11-15-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9122056)

Which is strange, you have a top 25 basketball team and your football team is sucking dog nuts...

Not sure why they cant fill the Paige up for some hoops...