ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***OFFICIAL EMAW U VS NIKE U FIESTA BOWL GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268427)

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9277506)
Oregon still hitting people out of bounds.

I'm not a K State fan but I now hate Chip Kelly. I hope he rots in Cleveland.

how'd you like the head to head on Klein, followed 2 seconds later by the elbow throw...

Reerun_KC 01-04-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9278638)
Right. And the difference between Bama and Oregon is quite significant as well. Would never have been a ballgame.

I was surprised that KSU even scored... I cant imagine what Bama would do to them...

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9278724)
how'd you like the head to head on Klein, followed 2 seconds later by the elbow throw...

Exactly.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9278734)
I was surprised that KSU even scored... I cant imagine what Bama would do to them...

KSU held Oregon to it's second lowest offensive production of the year. Alabama is not the offensive threat Oregon was. Not saying we'd win, but it would be competitive IMHO. Especially if we'd quit forgetting who KSU is and going away from our gameplan in bowls. I never understand that. I think Bill tries to be crafty and not do what they expect, but at this point, that is what is expected.

RockChalk 01-04-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9278921)
KSU held Oregon to it's second lowest offensive production of the year. Alabama is not the offensive threat Oregon was. Not saying we'd win, but it would be competitive IMHO. Especially if we'd quit forgetting who KSU is and going away from our gameplan in bowls. I never understand that. I think Bill tries to be crafty and not do what they expect, but at this point, that is what is expected.

I was thinking this same thing throughout the game. And I agree with you about Bama or ND for that matter. Either team would have been a much better matchup for KSU.

Still shaking my head about the end of the first half. In my opinion, the game was lost right there.

WilliamTheIrish 01-04-2013 09:37 AM

Disappointing end.

Got some hardware for the trophy case, but disappointing end to the season. I think that makes the old man 6-9 in Bowl Ganes and 0-3 in OBZ version 2.0.

notorious 01-04-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9279199)

Still shaking my head about the end of the first half. In my opinion, the game was lost right there.

Yep, the last 1:30 decided the game.

Complete Failure.

BIG_DADDY 01-04-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9278413)
Does big daddy just choose the best teams all along the west coast? Lakers, Giants, and now Oregon?

I have been a Giants, Ducks and Lakers fan on this board ever since I have been here. Only recently have the Ducks or Giants been anything. Who can forget my endless threads defending Barry Bonds back in the day when the Giants had never done anything? I could go on and on but what's the point?

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9279249)
I have been a Giants, Ducks and Lakers fan on this board ever since I have been here. Only recently have the Ducks or Giants been anything. Who can forget my endless threads defending Barry Bonds back in the day when the Giants had never done anything? I could go on and on but what's the point?

Just wondering. I thought your Barry defending was just due to your affection for steroids. I kid.. I kid.

Frosty 01-04-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9278413)
Does big daddy just choose the best teams all along the west coast? Lakers, Giants, and now Oregon?

Not saying BD is one but there is an amazing amount of Quack bandwagoners over here. Most of them claim to be long term fans but couldn't name a player or coach from before the Betlotti/Harrington era. :shake:

Strongside 01-04-2013 09:48 AM

Shut the hell up in here. Scott Pioli just got fired. Let it go.

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9279315)
Not saying BD is one but there is an amazing amount of Quack bandwagoners over here. Most of them claim to be long term fans but couldn't name a player or coach from before the Betlotti/Harrington era. :shake:

Can't believe guys would choose a duck over a beaver. :D

BIG_DADDY 01-04-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9279264)
Just wondering. I thought your Barry defending was just due to your affection for steroids. I kid.. I kid.

Well let's not forget I am a Sharks fan too and they have never done anything.

Frosty 01-04-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9279324)

Yeah - no shit. Beavers are awesome. :p

BIG_DADDY 01-04-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9279346)
Yeah - no shit. Beavers are awesome. :p

Oregon football has come a long ways. It's good to see.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9279199)
I was thinking this same thing throughout the game. And I agree with you about Bama or ND for that matter. Either team would have been a much better matchup for KSU.

I think if Oregon gets flagged for either of the personal fouls on Klein on that drive, we score 7, and the game is entirely different. it is likely Oregon doesn't score before half.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9279324)

No shit.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/487493_o.gif

OPChief 01-04-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9279370)
I think if Oregon gets flagged for either of the personal fouls on Klein on that drive, we score 7, and the game is entirely different. it is likely Oregon doesn't score before half.

Ha ha ha ha LOL LOL LOL!!

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

ROFL

ChiTown 01-04-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

I think had we scored 7 on that drive, and actually played D to end the 2nd half, it's a completely different game. As it was, after they scored that TD to end the half, the wind completely left our sails. The lack of PF's had nothing to do with whether we score or not.

WilliamTheIrish 01-04-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Bah!

It's more likely that if OBz V2.0 doesn't dick around at LOS late in the half by attempting to draw them off, only to have the LT flinch costing us 5 yards, maybe Canoli can squeeze that FG in. Then maybe, slimmest margin of maybe the game unfolds differently.

But I doubt it. Because after the 2nd half KO, CATS gain 13 on a crossing pattern to TreThomp. Immediately get to the LOS and can't decide what play to run, forcing a time out and killing momentum, which resulted in a 4 and out.

That time out bug is OBz V1.0 and 2.0- it's a system bug that the software engineers can't seem to repair.

ChiTown 01-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9279718)
Bah!

It's more likely that if OBz V2.0 doesn't dick around at LOS late in the half by attempting to draw them off, only to have the LT flinch costing us 5 yards, maybe Canoli can squeeze that FG in. Then maybe, slimmest margin of maybe the game unfolds differently.

But I doubt it. Because after the 2nd half KO, CATS gain 13 on a crossing pattern to TreThomp. Immediately get to the LOS and can't decide what play to run, forcing a time out and killing momentum, which resulted in a 4 and out.

That time out bug is OBz V1.0 and 2.0- it's a system bug that the software engineers can't seem to repair.

That is because The OC (Dimel) doesn't get to call the plays. He calls down 2-3 plays to Snyder, who then gets to chose one to call into CK. Then, with 10-15 secs or less, CK gets to read the D and call the play or audible. It was a ****ING train wreck last night. I swear, the longer we have to prepare for a game, the worse Snyder gets. We were borderline reeruned last night.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPChief (Post 9279413)
Ha ha ha ha LOL LOL LOL!!

Why is that hilarious? KSU missed the field goal with 1:00 left in the half. Had they continued the drive, it is much less likely that Oregon drives the field and scores in that situation. Not impossible, but less likely.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9279718)
Bah!

I won't blame Bill for a completely bonehead move by a lineman. Personally, I wouldn't have tried to draw, I'd have bluffed that and run a play.

Of course, I also wouldn't have tried to run Klein out of the shotgun on the prior 4th and 1 we failed either. If anything, I'd put him in the pocket and drop back for a dump pass if you want to be "sneaky".

KevB 01-04-2013 10:59 AM

Oregon out coached us, plain and simple. The play when Colin had to call timeout is a prime example. We came out of halftime and I'm sure we thought we'd throw a wrinkle or two at them. One was motioning the back out to go empty, assuming that would spread Oregon out and allow Colin to run QB draw with more space/fewer defenders. We ran empty on that play......but Oregon said "F you" and actually brought MORE defenders into the box. You could see the look on Colin's face as he called the TO....he had no idea what to check to in that formation based on Oregon's unorthodox response to our motion. Kudos to their staff.

Oregon continued to dictate our play calling the remainder of the 3rd quarter based on their defensive looks, and we played right into their hands. Very disappointing.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9279583)
I think had we scored 7 on that drive, and actually played D to end the 2nd half, it's a completely different game. As it was, after they scored that TD to end the half, the wind completely left our sails. The lack of PF's had nothing to do with whether we score or not.

The personal foul would give us 1st and 10 and the 3yd line as they occured at the 18yd line. Instead, we ended up with a penalty on 4th down, backed up to the 23rd for the missed FG. At worst, we have 3 more attempts to get 7 before kicking a FG from the 3 (assuming no lost yardage).

mikeyis4dcats. 01-04-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9279840)
Oregon out coached us, plain and simple. The play when Colin had to call timeout is a prime example. We came out of halftime and I'm sure we thought we'd throw a wrinkle or two at them. One was motioning the back out to go empty, assuming that would spread Oregon out and allow Colin to run QB draw with more space/fewer defenders. We ran empty on that play......but Oregon said "F you" and actually brought MORE defenders into the box. You could see the look on Colin's face as he called the TO....he had no idea what to check to in that formation based on Oregon's unorthodox response to our motion. Kudos to their staff.

Oregon continued to dictate our play calling the remainder of the 3rd quarter based on their defensive looks, and we played right into their hands. Very disappointing.

very true. Chip is like Stoops Extra....he goes for 2, fakes, and does everything unconventional.

Prison Bitch 01-04-2013 11:27 AM

Well it was a fun trip nonetheless for their fans. Sunny weather, bcs bowl game, fun nights out, and of course KU was involved too as thousands of KSU fans got to boo Markieff Morris at the Suns game. So it was all great.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9280032)
Well it was a fun trip nonetheless for their fans. Sunny weather, bcs bowl game, fun nights out, and of course KU was involved too as thousands of KSU fans got to boo Markieff Morris at the Suns game.. So it was all great.

This makes me smile.

WilliamTheIrish 01-04-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9280032)
Well it was a fun trip nonetheless for their fans. Sunny weather, bcs bowl game, fun nights out, and of course KU was involved too as thousands of KSU fans got to boo Markieff Morris at the Suns game. So it was all great.

Awesome.

Not awesome. Beaz didn't get any minutes that game.

WilliamTheIrish 01-04-2013 11:43 AM

Looks like Beaz got 7 minutes.