ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

SAUTO 01-24-2013 09:52 PM

Would know shit kill himself if we signed clady?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-24-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9349303)
It happens. There have been years when the first free agents are signed within 5 minutes of the start of free agency.

I think it's more of a "we will let you talk to player x as a courtesy because we don't plan to re-sign him. We won't push any tampering stuff."

Yeah, I don't see that happening. Maybe some back chatter thru agents kinda stuff.

Still, if what that guy says is true, it's either Clady, Long, or Albert.

O.city 01-24-2013 09:53 PM

Tend to think the guy is full of shit. His name isn't on there, why woudln't he just reveal the whole story?

BossChief 01-24-2013 09:54 PM

People were talking with Manning well before the date they should have.

O.city 01-24-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9349315)
People were talking with Manning well before the date they should have.

To Manning directly? Doubt it. To his agent? Probably.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9349308)
Posted via Mobile Device

I would rather have Albert, but it would be amusing as **** to watch him backpedal if the Donks signed Albert and we signed Clady.

He'd either have to admit the Donks made a boo boo or look like a giant buffoon.

Okay, scratch that. Look EVEN MORE like a buffoon.

O.city 01-24-2013 09:56 PM

Don't care what he thinks, we won't hear about it till after next season.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm guessing he would tell us why Clady is overrated and why Tebow should have been drafted 1st overall after what he showed his year in Denver...oh wait. He is off Tebow now I think since he isn't a Bronco.

O.city 01-24-2013 09:57 PM

IMO, the oline is about continuity. I'd rather keep the same guys up there and let them grow. That said, if Alberts back is a problem, I see them letting him go.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-25-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

He may jump off a cliff at Casa Bonita, but we wouldn't knowmo

Pasta Little Brioni 01-25-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

He may jump off a cliff at Casa Bonita, but we wouldn't knowmo if he did

Titty Meat 01-25-2013 12:21 PM

If theres a question about his back tag him.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9349301)
What? You mean the Matt Miller bullshit where he said, "Sources here tell me Chiefs won't re-sign Albert"

Matt Miller was just piggy-backing.

I think it was that NFLosophy guy...

Frankie 01-25-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9348617)
At least Millen eventually got a WR right. He drafted Calvin Johnson.

***** has whiffed huge on every single defensive lineman he's ever tried to draft.

T-Jax wasn't a TOTAL whiff. IMO, he plays like a DE we should have drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. It's just drafting him 3rd in the total draft that hurts.

And I do believe Poe will eventually be a stud DT.

Frankie 01-25-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9349146)
This gives me hope, as does his interview he did a few days ago. But I'm still going to rage every time a dumbass writes a mock draft where we take a ****ing OT.

I predict our QB will come early in the 2nd or mid to late 1st (trade down or trade up).

Strongside 01-25-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9350438)
If theres a question about his back tag him.

Yup.

Strongside 01-25-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9350539)
I predict our QB will come early in the 2nd or mid to late 1st (trade down or trade up).

So Landry Jones then?

Titty Meat 01-25-2013 01:15 PM

These people who want jerkoff are the same people who excused pioli for not drafting a qb because he didn't have a chance at drafting one.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

I'm with you man and this is a very rational take. We aren't taking a QB number one imo. The talent isn't there. Who gives a shit what the "mob" thinks.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Let me go ahead tell you now that your prediction is wrong.

BigCatDaddy 01-25-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9350526)
T-Jax wasn't a TOTAL whiff. IMO, he plays like a DE we should have drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. It's just drafting him 3rd in the total draft that hurts.

And I do believe Poe will eventually be a stud DT.

He should be a backup at best.

O.city 01-25-2013 01:21 PM

Anything other than qb at one who's "value" is right for the pick, won't even start for te chiefs.

So ram bozo or whoeve you are, you wanna draft for depth at 1?

whoman69 01-25-2013 01:26 PM

Let's say we go ahead and draft Joeckel. How much are we really improving the team? IMO its adding depth. In the short term at least Albert would be a better player with his experience. You would think a team 2-14 would be able to make a move that would improve the team more.

Strongside 01-25-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350601)
I'm with you man and this is a very rational take. We aren't taking a QB number one imo. The talent isn't there. Who gives a shit what the "mob" thinks.

So if you're with the 'experts' then you think that the talent isn't there to justify #1 but it's ok to draft a qb at #4? Please explain that to me. Our need at quarterback trumps our need at any other position...regardless of best player available. When you need 3 quarterbacks before 2013 starts, you take the best one in the draft. Don't feed me this bullshit that the talent level doesn't justify the #1 pick. It does when you have a colossal hole at a certain position. If you've got a hole in your heart, the doctor doesn't cut you open and swap out your kidneys...they give you a new heart. Someone else has to die first (Pioli, Cassel, Crennel), but they get you that ****ing heart.

Titty Meat 01-25-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Youre a dumbass

Rambozo 01-25-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350626)
So if you're with the 'experts' then you think that the talent isn't there to justify #1 but it's ok to draft a qb at #4? Please explain that to me. Our need at quarterback trumps our need at any other position...regardless of best player available. When you need 3 quarterbacks before 2013 starts, you take the best one in the draft. Don't feed me this bullshit that the talent level doesn't justify the #1 pick. It does when you have a colossal hole at a certain position. If you've got a hole in your heart, the doctor doesn't cut you open and swap out your kidneys...they give you a new heart. Someone else has to die first (*****, Cassel, Crennel), but they get you that ****ing heart.

I don't think it's OK and I wouldn't take one until the second half of the first if it were up to me. Preferably in the 20's...

Probably where we differ is inour view of the talent level of the roster. I don't see as much talent as most do. I feel we are picking #1 for a reason and it's because there is a whole lot of suck. I understand we have a bunch of pro bowlers but there are some serious gaps and we will be losing some pretty experienced free agents.

Our #1 need is talent and leadership imo.

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.

O.city 01-25-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350641)
I don't think it's OK and I wouldn't take one until the second half of the first if it were up to me. Preferably in the 20's...

Probably where we differ is inour view of the talent level of the roster. I don't see as much talent as most do. I feel we are picking #1 for a reason and it's because there is a whole lot of suck. I understand we have a bunch of pro bowlers but there are some serious gaps and we will be losing some pretty experienced free agents.

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo, that won't happen at number one.

Yeah you're a mouth breathing moron. This building a team then getting your qb is full of patriot way bullshit

SAUTO 01-25-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

its not the "mob" only that wants geno and can see how good he is. you cant see it because there is a guys bellybutton blocking your view

SAUTO 01-25-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.

assumptions. which experienced free agents are already gone?

SAUTO 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

AND OUR BIGGEST NEED IS QB

Sorter 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

But you're more likely to get that drafting lower when it is exceptionally probable that 2 or more of the QB prospects you covet are gone?

JFC. You have to be the dumbest mother****er to ever figure out how to use a computer.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Rambozo: Go and tell your GM that we have been charged in the name of vacuous draft value with a sacred quest! If he will give us the #1 overall pick for the 2013, he can join us in our quest for the Franchise LT!

Drafturbator: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.

Rambozo: What?

Frankie: He said they've already got one!

Rambozo: Are you sure he's got one?

Drafturbator: Oh yes, it's very nice!

http://im.glogster.com/media/4/19/90/0/19900014.jpg

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

The talent isn't there?

Where was RG3 and Tannehill rated a yr ago from today?

Yes, I know neither of them went #1, but they went top 10, and NO ONE had them going top 10 a yr ago.

Sorter 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9350651)
its not the "mob" only that wants geno and can see how good he is. you cant see it because there is a guys bellybutton blocking your view

ROFL

Bowser 01-25-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

This is a shitload of ****.

This team needs a quarterback first and foremost. All these "draft gurus" can stand around giving each other dutch rudders all day long saying how no quarterback is worthy of the top pick, and neither you nor anyone else that knows this team should care what they say. Quarterback is the ONLY way for this team to go. Every other position can be addressed later, and I mean EVERY position.

When April gets here, and the combine is done along with all the pro day workouts of these guys, one of the QB's will have distinguished himself as worthy of being a top pick.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

We don't pick in the 20's, though, do we?

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

Hey everybody, look! It's Scott Pioli.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

See, we were getting along so well. You said some really nice and smart things about my mock draft. I thought your takes on BPA and this QB class were dumb as hell, but I was interested in looking past it all, simply because you'd be on board with a QB once we actually drafted the guy at #1. And that's all that matters.

But then you posted this ****ing drivel.

"Our #1 need is talent and leadership."

**** you. Go kill yourself. I hate you.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

There is a metric ****ton of stupid in this post.

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Our #2 need is a QB.

I see where you're coming from but you're just wrong. You can have all the talent/leadership in the world but the bottom line is that in today's game, quarterback trumps all. If you're not getting solid play out of your quarterback, the line doesn't block as well, the receivers don't run routes as hard or block as well, the running backs deal with a loaded box from the defense, and your own defense is on the field too much to be remotely successful. You're not seeing the fact that when your quarterback sucks, it depreciates the value of the entire team and handcuffs it's players ability to make plays and use their talent to it's full extent.

We need a quarterback...the best one in the draft. Is that Geno? I don't know...but we damn sure arent going to get the best in the 2nd round. It's just not going to happen. The top 3-4 quarterbacks in this draft have potential as NFL caliber starters...after that, there's a drop-off. We need to address the position man. Your approach has gotten us nowhere since Todd Blackledge.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350722)
I see where you're coming from but you're just wrong. You can have all the talent/leadership in the world but the bottom line is that in today's game, quarterback trumps all. If you're not getting solid play out of your quarterback, the line doesn't block as well, the receivers don't run routes as hard or block as well, the running backs deal with a loaded box from the defense, and your own defense is on the field too much to be remotely successful. You're not seeing the fact that when your quarterback sucks, it depreciates the value of the entire team and handcuffs it's players ability to make plays and use their talent to it's full extent.

We need a quarterback...the best one in the draft. Is that Geno? I don't know...but we damn sure arent going to get the best in the 2nd round. It's just not going to happen. The top 3-4 quarterbacks in this draft have potential as NFL caliber starters...after that, there's a drop-off. We need to address the position man. Your approach has gotten us nowhere since Todd Blackledge.

I know where you are coming from. I have been a Chiefs fan for 37 years and am almost desperate. I think you are a little desperate for a QB and you have forgotten common sense. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way and I think there are tons of Chiefs fans who feel that way.

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at. If you take a QB #1, you are probably taking a project #1 overall and that would be a big mistake. It's a mistake that would be big that it will not be made imo. Despite the rookie wage scale, people's jobs are on the line and no one is going to sign off on one of these guys imo.

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350744)
I know where you are coming from. I have been a Chiefs fan for 37 years and am almost desperate. I think you are a little desperate for a QB and you have forgotten common sense. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way and I think there are tons of Chiefs fans who feel that way.

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at.

It's not about having a sure-fire lockdown pick. They don't exist. Even Luck and RG3 came with risk. Those players aren't in this draft but we have to nut up and take a shot on one of these guys. I'll tell you this...the level of risk in taking a quarterback in this year's draft is the same as taking any other position. There is NO CLEAR CUT #1. I'm not in at all for wasting this ****ing pick on depth.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Drafting left tackles, going 9-7 every year, and never winning a playoff game. Now THAT is common sense.

Quote:

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL.

That's because you're the pinnacle of football morons.

Fish 01-25-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at. If you take a QB #1, you are probably taking a project #1 overall and that would be a big mistake. It's a mistake that would be big that it will not be made imo. Despite the rookie wage scale, people's jobs are on the line and no one is going to sign off on one of these guys imo.

Regurgitated bullshit. You could say the same thing for just about any draft in the last 10 years. Good teams say **** you and take the chance, because they know you can't win consistently any other way. Bad teams use this shit as an excuse year after year for why they didn't take the chance, and that's why they remain in mediocre purgatory.

O.city 01-25-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9350761)
Drafting left tackles, going 9-7 every year, and never winning a playoff game. Now THAT is common sense.

That's because you're the pinnacle of football morons.

He's got us on ignore, no point in debating him.

Pretty sure he's trolling anyway. No one is that stupid.

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:20 PM

Just read this and shut the **** up...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...draft/12668917

the Talking Can 01-25-2013 02:21 PM

black bob's uncle turned out to be scott pioli

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9350765)
Regurgitated bullshit. You could say the same thing for just about any draft in the last 10 years. Good teams say **** you and take the chance, because they know you can't win consistently any other way. Bad teams use this shit as an excuse year after year for why they didn't take the chance, and that's why they remain in mediocre purgatory.

It's not BS. I believe in what I'm saying. You just don't like my opinion it seems. No, I don't say this about every class. Sometimes it's safeties, guards, wide receivers or some other position. You can get mad if you want but, you should not expect KC to draft a QB first overall imo.

Sorter 01-25-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350770)

It’s a tough year to have the No. 1 overall pick, especially for a quarterback-needy team like the Kansas City Chiefs. There’s no obvious selection, but there is one player they should stay away from. The Chiefs should not select Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel with their first-round pick. With the No. 1 overall pick in a draft, the goal should be to drastically improve your team from the year prior. By selecting Joeckel, that means the Chiefs would not re-sign left tackle Branden Albert, so they’d be drafting the rookie tackle to save money, not to improve their team from what they had in 2012. If the Chiefs took Joeckel, it would free up money with the intention of spending it through free agency or trade on unknown veterans, but the way to build a team is through the draft. The New York Jets have proven over the past four years that building off veteran players can be just as big of a risk as building on youth. The Chiefs already have a franchise left tackle in Albert, and while Joeckel could eventually be an improvement over the 28-year-old veteran, it will be a horizontal move for years. That would make Kansas City rely on signing veterans from other rosters, rather than signing the one they know. Andy Reid and the Chiefs should both know that signing veteran talent can be a risk. Nnamdi Asomugha was a bust in Philadelphia and Stanford Routt was a bust in Kansas City in the past two years. Just because a player can succeed on one team and in one system doesn’t mean the same will hold true in their next city. With the new rookie pay scale, veteran players also come at a much higher price tag than young players. That train of thought may seem to run in direct opposition to the theory that the Chiefs should keep Albert and eschew Joeckel. But there does need to be a balance between winning now and winning later. Albert presents the balance between those two options. The Chiefs know he’s good, he’s shown no signs of wearing down, and Kansas City can drastically improve another position while still keeping one of their best players in place. The Chiefs have enough needs — and talent on their roster — that by selecting first, they could change their fortunes from a bottom of the barrel team to a possible playoff team. The Chiefs were close to that level coming in to 2012, and poor coaching and terrible play at quarterback plagued them from the start. If Kansas City does decide to select a quarterback No. 1, it should be Geno Smith, but teams like the Seahawks and 49ers have proven that you don’t necessarily have to take a quarterback in Round 1 to find elite production. Unfortunately, there may not be a greater first-round need for the Chiefs and a player worth taking. Bjoern Werner and Jarvis Jones are possibilities for the first-overall pick, but Tamba Hali and Justin Houston already play outside linebacker in the Kansas City 3-4, and they may be the best players on that defense. The Chiefs could use help at five-technique defensive end and cornerback, but there aren’t any great fits there at No. 1. Star Lotulelei‘s best value will come in a 4-3, and if he played 3-4 defensive end, he would likely be a two-gap player not worthy of the honor of a No. 1 overall pick. So that leaves the West Virginia quarterback for the Chiefs. He may not be Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, but he would be an improvement over anything Kansas City threw out at quarterback last season. And while Joeckel will be looked at as the most sure thing in the draft, if he’s not an improvement over what the Chiefs already had in 2012, it’s a waste of a pick.

Boom

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350772)
It's not BS. I believe in what I'm saying. You just don't like my opinion it seems. No, I don't say this about every class. Sometimes it's safeties, guards, wide receivers or some other position. You can get mad if you want but, you should not expect KC to draft a QB first overall imo.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9YsfnuuuKN...ngry-conan.jpg

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350770)

I respect that guys opinion but, I disagree that we must take a QB #1 overall. I'm not saying we should take an OT but, I wouldn't be against it.

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350780)
I respect that guys opinion but, I disagree that we must take a QB #1 overall. I'm not saying we should take an OT but, I wouldn't be against it.

Lets just draft a punter. Colquitt is up for FA. We can save money by just drafting a punter with the pick.

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:32 PM

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/...gb3zo1_400.gif

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350783)
Lets just draft a punter. Colquitt is up for FA. We can save money by just drafting a punter with the pick.

Now you are being irrational. LMAO

Look, like everyone else in these types of forums I am wrong sometimes. For all I know we could draft Geno #1 overall.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Do you have an opinion besides "NO QB!!"

If we draft Fisher or Joekel:
-We have Albert
-We improve our team 0%
-LTs do jack shit (see Jake Long and Joe Thomas)
-We've already spent tons of high draft picks on offensive line

If we draft Moore, Werner, or Jones:
-We have two pretty good passrushers already
-We're consigning the #1 overall pick to depth, which is very definition of not getting adequate pick value
-Jones is a pussy with spinal stenosis, Moore and Werner are less elite pass rushers than Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are elite QBs

If we draft Lotulelei:
-Dude isn't a good 1-gapper
-**** you

Whereas, if we draft a QB:
Positives:
-Fills the most important position and most glaring need on the team
-The best possible ****ing position if you want good draft value
-Gives the franchise some hope for once
-With the CBA agreement, it's never been cheaper

Negatives:
-Might bust
-????????

Fish 01-25-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350772)

I'm sure you believe what you're saying. Now you should consider why it's regurgitated bullshit that has no place in today's NFL.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

You wouldn't be against it because you're a moron.

What position is the most important?

Sorter 01-25-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350791)
Now you are being irrational. LMAO

Look, like everyone else in these types of forums I am wrong sometimes. For all I know we could draft Geno #1 overall.

And your ass is off the board once it happens.

Three7s 01-25-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9350799)
Do you have an opinion besides "NO QB!!"

If we draft Fisher or Joekel:
-We have Albert
-We improve our team 0%
-LTs do jack shit (see Jake Long and Joe Thomas)
-We've already spent tons of high draft picks on offensive line

If we draft Moore, Werner, or Jones:
-We have two pretty good passrushers already
-We're consigning the #1 overall pick to depth, which is very definition of not getting adequate pick value
-Jones is a pussy with spinal stenosis, Moore and Werner are less elite pass rushers than Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are elite QBs

If we draft Lotulelei:
-Dude isn't a good 1-gapper
-**** you

Whereas, if we draft a QB:
Positives:
-Fills the most important position and most glaring need on the team
-The best possible ****ing position if you want good draft value
-Gives the franchise some hope for once
-With the CBA agreement, it's never been cheaper

Negatives:
-Might bust
-Sets back team by 2-3 years if bust occurs

FYP......

At least that's what all the "true fans" tell me they're scared of.

Sorter 01-25-2013 02:46 PM

Why would someone continue to post on this board if they were hated by nearly everyone and their takes were typically regarded as postings from the deranged?

I don't understand what kind of satisfaction he gets from posting here.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9350800)
I'm sure you believe what you're saying. Now you should consider why it's regurgitated bullshit that has no place in today's NFL.

I have considered it. We've had one draft since the new cba and rookie cap was introduced. In that draft, we had four QBs taken in the first round. One was the greatest prospect to come out since Elway, the second would have been the first overall pick in most years, the third was pushed up about 10-20 picks, and the fourth was pushed up about one full round.

What most here are doing is looking at Tannehill. They are comparing Barkley, Smith, and Wilson to Tannehill and how he was overdrafted.

Here's the thing... Again, we have only had one draft under the new cba. I am not going to base my opinion solely on that draft. I think that is foolish.

Also, it's not just about the talent level of QBs. It's about the talent level of all the other positions too and the general strength of this class.

Again, you guys have tunnel vison and only see the QB position. The best talent in this class is not at the QB position.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9350813)
Why would someone continue to post on this board if they were hated by nearly everyone and their takes were typically regarded as postings from the deranged?

I don't understand what kind of satisfaction he gets from posting here.

He's an immature loser that gets off on getting under people's skin.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9350810)
FYP......

At least that's what all the "true fans" tell me they're scared of.

A "true fan" is someone who is unrealistic about our team. A "true fan" is someone who thinks a QB will instantly fix all of our problems like I Dream of Genie or some shit. They are delusional. They don't listen to the new HC and GM tell them this is going to take a few years.

Just my opinion...

O.city 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

2011 draft was under the new wage scale, IIRC.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350816)
I have considered it. We've had one draft since the new cba and rookie cap was introduced. In that draft, we had four QBs taken in the first round. One was the greatest prospect to come out since Elway, the second would have been the first overall pick in most years, the third was pushed up about 10-20 picks, and the fourth was pushed up about one full round.

What most here are doing is looking at Tannehill. They are comparing Barkley, Smith, and Wilson to Tannehill and how he was overdrafted.

Here's the thing... Again, we have only had one draft under the new cba. I am not going to base my opinion solely on that draft. I think that is foolish.

Also, it's not just about the talent level of QBs. It's about the talent level of all the other positions too and the general strength of this class.

Again, you guys have tunnel vison and only see the QB position. The best talent in this class is not at the QB position.

Oh, you mean garbage at the very top except for QB?

If you think otherwise you're a ****ing moron.

Nightfyre 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

Any time you acquire a new starting QB it could set the team back 2-3 years. Therefore, let's throw away this year by not drafting one and wait 'til next year to potentially throw away 2-3 years taking a prospect who is probably not better than the one we could have drafted this year. But hey, at least we saved some money by not re-signing albert.

Love, Rambozo.

O.city 01-25-2013 02:51 PM

A true fan think BPA doesn't factor in need or position. If Green Bay was all about BPA and need isn't involved, why did they draft 5 or 6 straight defensive players a year after having the 32 ranked D?

Nightfyre 01-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350822)
A "true fan" is someone who is unrealistic about our team. A "true fan" is someone who thinks a QB will instantly fix all of our problems like I Dream of Genie or some shit. They are delusional. They don't listen to the new HC and GM tell them this is going to take a few years.

Just my opinion...

Your opinion is shit. True fan is a well-established lexicon on this message board. So quit spewing your bullshit and GTFO.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

The QB is the most important position.

In this era, you have to grade it differently.

So, while Smith or Wilson may not be the top 5 best players, or even the best 10, in this draft, they are quarterbacks. That is the important part.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9350828)
Any time you acquire a new starting QB it could set the team back 2-3 years. Therefore, let's throw away this year by not drafting one and wait 'til next year to potentially throw away 2-3 years taking a prospect who is probably not better than the one we could have drafted this year. But hey, at least we saved some money by not re-signing albert.

Love, Rambozo.

I am 100% for drafting a QB. I just don't want one at #1 overall. You must be thinking of someone else.

O.city 01-25-2013 02:53 PM

He doesn't want the best available QB, he wants the 4th best cuz of da value.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9350829)
A true fan think BPA doesn't factor in need or position. If Green Bay was all about BPA and need isn't involved, why did they draft 5 or 6 straight defensive players a year after having the 32 ranked D?

How Rambozo will respond:

I can see I have angered you, so I will leave this one alone.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350834)
I am 100% for drafting a QB. I just don't want one at #1 overall. You must be thinking of someone else.

Answer my ****ing question: What is the most important position?

O.city 01-25-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9350836)
How Rambozo will respond:

I can see I have angered you, so I will leave this one alone.

Nah, he's blocked me.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9350831)
Your opinion is shit. True fan is a well-established lexicon on this message board. So quit spewing your bullshit and GTFO.

Sorry dude but, I have to put you on ignore. I'm not getting anything out of your posts. No hard feelings. :thumb:

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

I am not considering nor comparing this year's quarterbacks class to any other. I am evaluating the talent of each individual as if this were the only draft. It's foolish to compare drafts and quarterbacks because it gets you nowhere.

BigMeatballDave 01-25-2013 02:56 PM

I suggest everyone put this tool on ignore.

Sorter 01-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9350843)

There's a thing for universal ignore, what's it called again? ;)

Strongside 01-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9350843)

No. He makes me feel good about myself.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350842)
I am not considering nor comparing this year's quarterbacks class to any other. I am evaluating the talent of each individual as if this were the only draft. It's foolish to compare drafts and quarterbacks because it gets you nowhere.

Good to hear. I think you are doing it right then. We just differ in opinion. :shrug:

Sorter 01-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350849)
No. He makes me feel good about myself.

ROFL