ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Frazod 06-04-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9730100)
Braves beat the Pirates again - you're welcome.

It's nice to see the Reds and the Pirates playing real teams at the same time. Seems like they've either been playing the Cubs or the Marlins all year long.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9730095)
Kozma, yeah, you're right there.

While I like Jay as a player, he's a guy we should be looking to upgrade. I know the trade ended up winning us a WS, but it would be nice to have Rasmus in CF, especially the way he's been hitting th eball of late.

**** Rasmus. He strikes out in 1/3 of his PA. Guys like that just get skull****ed in the PS.

Jay put up a 3.7 WAR last year, which is pretty goddamned amazing all things considered.

Jay's BABIP is down 75 points from last year. He's striking out more, but taking the same number of walks.

He's also not running at all, perhaps due to his position in the order, although I have my doubts.

Jay's actually been our worst everyday player according to advanced metrics this year. Worse than replacement level.

Jay has always been a solid starter, but not much more. It's too bad Oscar isn't a touch more fleet of foot, otherwise we'd have his replacement right now. As is, we just have to suffer through it, because I'll be goddamned if we trade any pitching for CF help, especially with the paper thin nature of the rotation at this point.

They should have Yadi take his suspension tomorrow, use the extra roster spot to call up an extra bullpen arm while also sending Marte down and bringing up Siegrist.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2013 11:23 PM

They could also liquefy Marte and feed him to pedophiles and I'd be fine with that, too.

Simply Red 06-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9730106)
It's nice to see the Reds and the Pirates playing real teams at the same time. Seems like they've either been playing the Cubs or the Marlins all year long.

I'm not sure who that second baseman is they have - but dude is butter, defensively.

Frazod 06-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9730109)
They could also liquefy Marte and feed him to pedophiles and I'd be fine with that, too.

LMAO

Throw in Boggs and Salas too.

kcpasco 06-04-2013 11:25 PM

Well that Butler kid looked good. Maybe they can package Marte and Boggs for a bucket of batting practice balls.

Frazod 06-04-2013 11:28 PM

BTW, what happened earlier? From the box score it looks like Wacha got abused like one of Hootie's unconscious dates.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9730116)
BTW, what happened earlier? From the box score it looks like Wacha got abused like one of Hootie's unconscious dates.

You know all those elevated fastballs and changeups that the Royals were scuffling to hit last week?

Major league hitters didn't.

kcpasco 06-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9730116)

He did get abused tonight. He was missing his spots pretty bad.

Frazod 06-04-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9730121)
You know all those elevated fastballs and changeups that the Royals were scuffling to hit last week?

Ouch. So would you say this was just growing pains, or called up too soon?

O.city 06-04-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9730108)
**** Rasmus. He strikes out in 1/3 of his PA. Guys like that just get skull****ed in the PS.

Jay put up a 3.7 WAR last year, which is pretty goddamned amazing all things considered.

Jay's BABIP is down 75 points from last year. He's striking out more, but taking the same number of walks.

He's also not running at all, perhaps due to his position in the order, although I have my doubts.

Jay's actually been our worst everyday player according to advanced metrics this year. Worse than replacement level.

Jay has always been a solid starter, but not much more. It's too bad Oscar isn't a touch more fleet of foot, otherwise we'd have his replacement right now. As is, we just have to suffer through it, because I'll be goddamned if we trade any pitching for CF help, especially with the paper thin nature of the rotation at this point.

They should have Yadi take his suspension tomorrow, use the extra roster spot to call up an extra bullpen arm while also sending Marte down and bringing up Siegrist.

I didn't realize how bad Jay had been til I looked at some stuff, he's been a damn crater at the plate in the lineup.

I would rather not give up any as for a cf, unless it was something stupid like a Matt kemp, which wouldn't happen.

I wish Tavares could just play center or Beltran could play cf, either way problem solved

O.city 06-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9730124)
Ouch. So would you say this was just growing pains, or called up too soon?

He didnt locate consistently today and they knocked him around. IMO, he needs to be in Memphis but who knows

O.city 06-04-2013 11:38 PM

@BirdsBeat13: As pointed out by @DaRock23, Jay is now 2 for his last 36 (.027) & Kozma is now 2 for his last 28 (.071). No production from the bottom.

Ouch

kcpasco 06-04-2013 11:45 PM

Im really liking Matt Carpenter at 2nd base. I wonder what that means for Wong? And is there anyway he could possibly play ss, is his arm strong enough?

Pepe Silvia 06-05-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9730121)

You called it, we both agreed the night he pitched on that Royals thread that the mistakes he was getting away with with the shitty ass Royals were going to be crushed by a real MLB team.