ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gasoline at $4 Coming to a Pump Near You, Unfazed by Rising Tab (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161736)

Discuss Thrower 11-06-2008 01:44 AM

What's the over/under on the months that pass before it rockets up to $2.99+ for places seeing prices lower than $1.99?

007 11-06-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988 (Post 5193513)
What's the over/under on the months that pass before it rockets up to $2.99+ for places seeing prices lower than $1.99?

Well it took about 2.5 years to go from 1.85 all the way to 3.99 and it only took 2 months to drop from 3.99 back to 1.99.

Most of that is on the speculators. I would have to imagine things are going to slow down and be more stable at this point.

Bugeater 11-06-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988 (Post 5193513)

If it's not back up to $3/gal by next spring no one will ever convince me that what happened this year was anything more than a cash grab by BushCo.

mikey23545 11-06-2008 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5193573)
If it's not back up to $3/gal by next spring no one will ever convince me that what happened this year was anything more than a cash grab by BushCo.

Jeezus I love idiots like you...ROFL

InChiefsHeaven 11-06-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5193573)

Dude...please.:shake:

ChiefJustice 11-06-2008 06:40 AM

You don't have to be a rabbi in a pork store to know that this isn't quite kosher.

Bugeater 11-06-2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193672)
Dude...please.:shake:

OK, the fact that on election day it was HALF of what it was only four months ago is just a coincidence...riiiiiiight. :thumb:

InChiefsHeaven 11-06-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5193704)
OK, the fact that on election day it was HALF of what it was only four months ago is just a coincidence...riiiiiiight. :thumb:

No no, you're right. It's all a big conspiracy. The world market, the price of oil, the amount of consumption going down...that's all smoke and mirrors. It's all BushCo and stuff...

...I expect better from a fellow Husker...

...jk dude. You are obviously not alone in your opinion.:D

Bugeater 11-06-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193711)
No no, you're right. It's all a big conspiracy. The world market, the price of oil, the amount of consumption going down...that's all smoke and mirrors. It's all BushCo and stuff...

Well, as I said, if it goes back up, fine. But if it stays low, we'll know SOMEBODY was bending us over. We'll see what happens in the next few months.

InChiefsHeaven 11-06-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5193718)
Well, as I said, if it goes back up, fine. But if it stays low, we'll know SOMEBODY was bending us over. We'll see what happens in the next few months.

Just saying, you have to look at inventory levels and consumption. Inventory is WAY up and consumption is WAY down...in economics, it's all about supply and demand...higher supply + lower demand = much lower prices. The ones who control prices now is the consumer...keep usage low and prices will stay low.

Bugeater 11-06-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193724)
Just saying, you have to look at inventory levels and consumption. Inventory is WAY up and consumption is WAY down...in economics, it's all about supply and demand...higher supply + lower demand = much lower prices. The ones who control prices now is the consumer...keep usage low and prices will stay low.

I know, I've heard all that and I believed all that, and I still would if he was closer to $3. But half, and still dropping??? It HAD to be artificially inflated, and the timing is just too weird for me. I'm not normally the conspiracy theorist type, but I'm having a real hard time convincing myself anything to the contrary right now.

ChiefJustice 11-06-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193711)

I'm just curious.Have you ever held a leadership position in an oil company?
I haven't.

Maybe...just maybe,someone who has been there might know a thing or two about how to manipulate the market price.

Is that theory so far fetched?

Or,is GWB just a complete failure?

InChiefsHeaven 11-06-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefJustice (Post 5193735)
I'm just curious.Have you ever held a leadership position in an oil company?
I haven't.

Maybe...just maybe,someone who has been there might know a thing or two about how to manipulate the market price.

Is that theory so far fetched?

Or,is GWB just a complete failure?

*sigh*

I'm done. Believe what you will. Pay no attention to the FACT that American Oil Companies control about 6% of the world market...yet somehow you all believe they are influencing the price of oil...that's a fuggin' joke. It's just simple numbers. I believe US consumption is down something like 7-8% from last year at this time, that's huge.

Now, as far as why it came down so quickly, I'd lump it on the world economy. I do have to say though that it seems we should have been seeing a drop earlier, but I don't know all the factors in the market.

What I DO know is that for the last 30 years or something the Senate always calls in the oil execs to nail them for gouging the market, and every time, EVERY TIME they come away with nothing. Because the oil guys aren't doing anything evil, except for making money, which apparently IS evil here in the USSA...

ChiefJustice 11-06-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193746)
*sigh*

I'm done. Believe what you will. Pay no attention to the FACT that American Oil Companies control about 6% of the world market...yet somehow you all believe they are influencing the price of oil...that's a fuggin' joke. It's just simple numbers. I believe US consumption is down something like 7-8% from last year at this time, that's huge.

Now, as far as why it came down so quickly, I'd lump it on the world economy. I do have to say though that it seems we should have been seeing a drop earlier, but I don't know all the factors in the market.

What I DO know is that for the last 30 years or something the Senate always calls in the oil execs to nail them for gouging the market, and every time, EVERY TIME they come away with nothing. Because the oil guys aren't doing anything evil, except for making money, which apparently IS evil here in the USSA...

I agree with you...for the most part.

30 years ago...ok

20 years ago...sure

10 years ago...hmmm

The Bush Administration...4 dollars a gallon and failing energy companies in America.

I don't want this thread to go to the DC forum.

So I will close my trap now and imagine that I am eating some fine Zarda BBQ.

PhillyChiefFan 11-06-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 5193746)
*sigh*

and the fact that the American economy was the first economy to sink into the recession that is gripping everyone worldwide now. The US dollar sunk as a result of the housing and credit crisis that had been looming on the horizon for years. Investors sought a 'safe haven' for their money and the safe haven for money in rough economic times, are commodities and the like. This is cyclical, and unfortunatly it probably will happen again in some form or another. Parties excluded, the market acted as it should.

The oil companies make money in scale with the cost of their product