ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 10-13-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9007933)
Damn. Geno should've ran right there. He's such a passer first, his instinct is to throw the ball. But he has to realize his legs are almost as much of a weapon as his arm.

Especially with a lane like that. Take your biggest immobile pocket passing NFL QB. Tom Brady. He would have run for that first down.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 02:03 PM

****ing laser.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 02:13 PM

:hail:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1550189/genooo2.gif

SAUTO 10-13-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9008023)

Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 02:31 PM

Something he has to work on. He tends to overthrow the deep routes, trying to lead the receiver, but he just puts too much on it sometimes.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 02:34 PM

But his ball placement on intermediate and short throws is unreal.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2012 02:43 PM

Geno down 21-7.

Bout to throw for 600 yards.

DaKCMan AP 10-13-2012 02:45 PM

Sold on Geno. Want him in KC.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 02:45 PM

As bad as WVU defense is, Geno won't let this stand. He's about to come back.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 02:46 PM

Oh yeah. And if we take Geno. We need to go after Tavon Austin in the mid-rounds. Kick/Punt return fixed. Slot receiver, fixed.

DaKCMan AP 10-13-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008178)
Oh yeah. And if we take Geno. We need to go after Tavon Austin in the mid-rounds. Kick/Punt return fixed. Slot receiver, fixed.

I like Austin, but that position isn't broken if they'd actually let Breaston play in the slot (or if Wiley's ever healthy) and if they'd let Arenas return kicks/punts (or Wiley if he's ever healthy).

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9008192)
I like Austin, but that position isn't broken if they'd actually let Breaston play in the slot (or if Wiley's ever healthy) and if they'd let Arenas return kicks/punts (or Wiley if he's ever healthy).

Arenas doesn't offer enough as a returner. I think he's just too slow. We get excited over a 30 yard return. Breaston could be a good slot, but the quick twitch abilities of Austin is rare. I don't care for Devon Wylie. He's likely another Pioli missed pick. I like Austin because I believe you can never draft too many playmakers. Guys who can stretch the field and can score at any moment.

DaKCMan AP 10-13-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008236)
Arenas doesn't offer enough as a returner. I think he's just too slow. We get excited over a 30 yard return. Breaston could be a good slot, but the quick twitch abilities of Austin is rare. I don't care for Devon Wylie. He's likely another Pioli missed pick. I like Austin because I believe you can never draft too many playmakers. Guys who can stretch the field and can score at any moment.

Did you ever watch Arenas return kicks while at Bama? Kid is an electric returner. Our kr/pr blocking has been garbage for years. Again, I like Austin, but I don't think he lasts until the mid-rounds.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9008241)
Did you ever watch Arenas return kicks while at Bama? Kid is an electric returner. Our kr/pr blocking has been garbage for years. Again, I like Austin, but I don't think he lasts until the mid-rounds.

I did watch him, a lot. He's a patient returner that allows, and keeps blockers in front of him throughout the return. Nothing wrong with that, but he lacks the speed to break away if blockers aren't there. He's a creative runner, but he doesn't have any special abilities that make him a sought after returner. He'll never be a great NFL returner. The speed of the game is just fast enough to keep him from being what he was at Bama.

-King- 10-13-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008236)

Thats because a 30 yard return is good. We're 6th in kick returns and 5th in punt returns. I'll take that.