ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-01-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5348347)
Just finished "The Happening". I figured it coudln't be quite as bad as everyone said.

I was wrong.

Oh my GOD that movie sucked massive Donko balls!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Buehler445 01-01-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5344570)
And it could have been even more sentimental (though that may have fallen from the book's events); the movie doesn't drown you in it, despite the "looking back moments." A large part of it comes from Owen Wilson's extreme likeability, in my opinion. I don't get too sentimental about dogs, and I think a lot of it is taken overboard in our society, but the movie works, in my opinion, because it's more about the family that is affected by the dog, rather than the other way around.

Hugging a stranger is an interesting reaction. Afterall, the last words of the movie indicate that dogs in one sense have a superiority over humans. But it makes sense because maybe dogs, and our knowledge of their relatively short though happy life, have a way of increasing our appreciation for all life in general.

Whaaa? I thought it was supposed to be funny? Dog get hit by a car or something?

KCChiefsMan 01-02-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5348307)
Mmm...Ironic you would choose that point, as that was the first point in the movie where I felt I was watching an Indiana Jones movie...

Mmm...

whatever, that was probably one of the worst scenes ever in any movie in the history of film. It sure didn't feel like an indiana jones movie at that point.

KCChiefsMan 01-02-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5348347)
Just finished "The Happening". I figured it coudln't be quite as bad as everyone said.

I was wrong.

damn, that's next on my netflix que too. I think I might drop it down or remove it

Sure-Oz 01-02-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5348807)
damn, that's next on my netflix que too. I think I might drop it down or remove it

remove it, the movie was a total waste of time

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5348805)
whatever, that was probably one of the worst scenes ever in any movie in the history of film. It sure didn't feel like an indiana jones movie at that point.

Mmmm...Hyperbole!:evil:

KcMizzou 01-03-2009 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this today. It's twisted, but I loved it.

Buehler445 01-03-2009 06:31 PM

WTF?

What is that about?

KcMizzou 01-03-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5352613)
WTF?

What is that about?

It's a South Korean film that's got a big cult following over here. I've read about it on various sites for a couple of years, and finally got around to seeing it myself.

This is from Rottentomatoes. (82%, FWIW)

Quote:

Synopsis: It would be a sin to reveal too much about this riveting and bizarre thriller from Korean director Chan Wook Park, except to say that it's about a man named Dae-Su (Choi Min-Sik) who is locked in a hotel room for 15 years without knowing his captor's motives. When he is finally released, Dae Su finds himself still trapped in a web of conspiracy and strangeness. His own quest for vengeance becomes tied in with romance when he falls for an attractive sushi chef (Gang Hye-Jung), who feeds him live octopus and who may or may not be involved with the bizarre mystery. This is all served up in a striking palette of purples and dark reds; oozing with post-neo-noir style, and stuffed with insanely malicious twists and turns. Choi Min-Sik is terrific in the lead, counterbalancing over-the-top hysterics with deadpan cool to run the gamut of Asian antihero traits. There are intense fight scenes (Dae Su's favorite weapon is a hammer), look-away moments of torture and self-mutilation, sex, and gallons of black humor. Not for the squeamish, but for those seeking something wholly original and daring, this cinematic entree is alive--it's hard to imagine a better slice of psycho-shock sensationalism. [Less]
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/oldboy/

luv 01-03-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5348805)

Great. I'm getting ready to put it in after the Colts/Chargers game tonight. I got the latest Hulk. I saw Iron Man, and I really liked it. I hear they're tying together all of the Avengers from Marvel, so I thought I'd pick it up. I didn't have high hopes, after not liking the last one that came out. I've heard good things about this one, though. Maybe I'll put that one in instead.

luv 01-03-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5352645)
It's a South Korean film that's got a big cult following over here. I've read about it on various sites for a couple of years, and finally got around to seeing it myself.

Hmmm. sounds interesting.

Buehler445 01-03-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5352645)

HMMMMM.. Might have to look this one up. Thanks!

Sure-Oz 01-03-2009 07:27 PM

Watched "Wanted" last night....pretty cool looking on bluray, lots of blood and exploding skulls....extremely fake though so check your brain at the door. I did enjoy the little twist a bit too, but it was a good rent err netflix.

Watching "Traitor" later tonight..

luv 01-03-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5352914)
Watched "Wanted" last night....pretty cool looking on bluray, lots of blood and exploding skulls....extremely fake though so check your brain at the door. I did enjoy the little twist a bit too, but it was a good rent err netflix.

I saw that, too. Wasn't nearly as good as I thought it would be.

Buehler445 01-03-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5352914)

Anybody that doesn't check their brain at the door deserves the disappointment they get.