ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

DBOSHO 10-13-2012 03:12 PM

Holy shit that dude is fast

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9008260)
Thats because a 30 yard return is good. We're 6th in kick returns and 5th in punt returns. I'll take that.

You're talking about total return yards.

You do realize, the more points you give up, the more opportunities you will have to return kicks.

Our kick return average is 24th. So stop being narrow minded.

KcMizzou 10-13-2012 03:13 PM

35-7 Texas Tech before the half. :eek:

We'll see what Smith can do in the 2nd.

DBOSHO 10-13-2012 03:13 PM

Im betting we draft sadale foster in the 2nd round next year

KC Hawks 10-13-2012 03:15 PM

Don't worry, Geno. Your team's defense will be a lot better next year with the Chiefs.

RealSNR 10-13-2012 03:16 PM

When did West Virginia hire Matt Cassel as their defensive coordinator?

-King- 10-13-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008273)
You're talking about total return yards.

You do realize, the more points you give up, the more opportunities you will have to return kicks.

Our kick return average is 24th. So stop being narrow minded.

Sorry sir.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9008298)
Sorry sir.

lol. I'm just saying there's no reason to keep Arenas around when he's offered little in the return game throughout his career. I actually liked him as a nickel a lot until this year. This year he's taken a step back for some reason.

RunKC 10-13-2012 03:21 PM

Some of you Geno fans need to quit crowning him.

This is the first good defense he's played this year and he's not looking very good.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9008310)
Some of you Geno fans need to quit crowning him.

This is the first good defense he's played this year and he's not looking very good.

Yeah cause he didn't play against Okafor and Jackson Jeffcoat last week.

RunKC 10-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008319)
Yeah cause he didn't play against Okafor and Jackson Jeffcoat last week.

You mean the defense that's given up over 100 points the last 2 weeks? That good defense? :LOL:

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9008330)
You mean the defense that's given up over 100 points the last 2 weeks? That good defense? :LOL:

Geno is a talented athlete. He's going to be fine in the NFL. He's rattled right now in this game. But once he's on a NFL roster it's about developing and creating a system around him.

RunKC 10-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008344)
Geno is a talented athlete. He's going to be fine in the NFL. He's rattled right now in this game. But once he's on a NFL roster it's about developing and creating a system around him.

I think he'll be good too, but his hype is out of control. I don't think he's in the same class as Luck or RGIII. He's gonna be good, but it troubles me seeing him own bad defenses and not look very good against a good defense.

I doubt we'll get him though. We'll probably win 3 more games and be out of the running...like we always do. :banghead:

KCrockaholic 10-13-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9008356)
I think he'll be good too, but his hype is out of control. I don't think he's in the same class as Luck or RGIII. He's gonna be good, but it troubles me seeing him own bad defenses and not look very good against a good defense.

I doubt we'll get him though. We'll probably win 3 more games and be out of the running...like we always do. :banghead:

He's not in that same class as Luck or RG3. But it doesn't mean we can't develop him. He's still a rare athlete. Just need somebody to mold him.

The hype is so great because we want a QB. And although Barkley is also a top pick, we all know the history of USC QB's. Plus his name is Matt. Bad juju.

RunKC 10-13-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9008365)
He's not in that same class as Luck or RG3. But it doesn't mean we can't develop him. He's still a rare athlete. Just need somebody to mold him.

The hype is so great because we want a QB. And although Barkley is also a top pick, we all know the history of USC QB's. Plus his name is Matt. Bad juju.

Actually, I think Barkley will be a quality NFL QB. Just because he went to USC doesn't mean he'll be bad. You can't really compare him to Cassel, Leinart or Sanchez.
I think he's far more comparable to Palmer than those 3.