ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Coogs 02-01-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370786)
Does anybody think he'll throw at the combine?

I don't.

I don't either. Combine is going to be all about his interview process. And maybe his 40 time.

Throwing will be with his 2 receivers at home.

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9370700)
I'm glad that he came out and said that missing the Senior Bowl was important because he wanted to stay down at IMG and hone his skills with Weinke.

That's a cop out. Every QB prospect is working with someone. Dysert and Wilson are working with Weinke before and after the Senior Bowl. If he wanted to play, he could have easily played. He just didn't want to risk his stock dropping.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-01-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9370830)
I don't either. Combine is going to be all about his interview process. And maybe his 40 time.

Throwing will be with his 2 receivers at home.

This is going to be a long couple of months leading up to the draft lol. We've never been in this position before so it's gonna go by longer than usual.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9370835)
That's a cop out. Every QB prospect is working with someone. Dysert and Wilson are working with Weinke before and after the Senior Bowl. If he wanted to play, he could have easily played. He just didn't want to risk his stock dropping.

And he said as much. He didn't cop out. He said it was a business decision.

Try listening to the interview first...

Dave Lane 02-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9369124)
@evansilva: Offseason QB predictions: AZ - Glennon BUF - Nassib CLE - Mallett JAX - Geno KC - Alex Smith NYJ - Flynn PHI - Vick (pay cut). Cassel to NE.

So Geno is worth the number 2 pick but not to the desperate KC Chiefs

Imon Yourside 02-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9370840)
This is going to be a long couple of months leading up to the draft lol. We've never been in this position before so it's gonna go by longer than usual.

I'll thoroughly enjoy it as well, we can at least dream of the perfect offseason before something ****ed up happens. It can take it's sweet time.

O.city 02-01-2013 03:22 PM

Why a fanbase as QB starved as the Chiefs are so afraid of drafting ANY QB at one, I dont' understand.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9370835)

I know you as a football fan and draft watcher really wanted Geno in the Senior Bowl, but if he winds up the #1 overall pick, then clearly he made the correct decision.

It's the beginning of February. This thing is a marathon. Even if Geno impressed at the Senior Bowl, scouts probably would have forgotten about it by the combine and his pro day.

It's a load of unnecessary work. Geno made the decision that he didn't want to risk going back to his old habits after working hard at IMG. We don't get reports from IMG, but I'll bet you Wilson had a lot of corrections he was working on with Weinke that he slipped out of in one week of Senior Bowl practice.

Rexx 02-01-2013 03:50 PM

Geno was just on the loose cannons, which is now primetime with Pat O'Brien. The guy sounds legit, said all the right things and sounded prepared to do what he needs to do to be successful. I came away really impressed with his interview.

He did not say if he was going to throw at the combine.

chiefscafan 02-01-2013 03:56 PM

"My goal is to be the best at whatever I do. I want to be the best in the league and I want to be a Hall of Famer. I want to work to get there no matter which team picks me. It would be great to be in the Kansas City red.". Geno smith today

Oh yeah he just said on radio he is definitely throwing at the combine . Earn that pick geno do what you best and we will pick u make sure there is no doubt.

chiefscafan 02-01-2013 03:58 PM

Actually pat and Hartman said you missed the senior bowl. He said I'll be at combine and I will be throwing.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:59 PM

I guess one of the nitpicky red flags Keitzman mentioned was about the fact he mentioned Pro Bowls but not Super Bowls.

the Talking Can 02-01-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9370954)
Actually pat and Hartman said you missed the senior bowl. He said I'll be at combine and I will be throwing.

nice

chiefscafan 02-01-2013 04:00 PM

I was on the band wagon early but now I'm ready to say it if we pass on geno it will be a mistake.

O.city 02-01-2013 04:03 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

Typically you want to limit the exposure of your client having anything teams can pick apart.

He actually makes a good point here, with the way these guys get analyzed. I know as a fan I want to see him out there, but from a business perspective, I get it.