ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Mr. Laz 12-02-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8161073)
Do you guys use your shouts alot? I barely ever use mine.

I rarely remember to use them unless i'm out of options.

Pants 12-02-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8161569)
i've found a lot of locations ...

Spoiler!

You still can't fast travel to them until you discover them.

Mr. Laz 12-02-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8161583)
You still can't fast travel to them until you discover them.

yea, as long as you know right where they are at it's pretty easy to hop on a horse and gallop from the nearest location you have visited.

QuikSsurfer 12-02-2011 03:13 PM

Yeah I used to fast travel... but then I took an arrow in the knee..

Buck 12-02-2011 03:17 PM

Question.

How important is the Block perk tree in the creation of a 2H Heavy Armor warrior?

I don't really feel like spending perks on it as I want to build up Two-Handed, Armor, and Smithing, with enchanting as my last perk tree.

Pants 12-02-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8161974)
Question.

How important is the Block perk tree in the creation of a 2H Heavy Armor warrior?

I don't really feel like spending perks on it as I want to build up Two-Handed, Armor, and Smithing, with enchanting as my last perk tree.

Blocking must be overrated because I haven't done it once in my however many hours getting to level 33. But maybe that's because I kill everything too quick? IDK...

Seriously, though, if you're building a melee character, I would suggest you roll a dual-wield build. You get 4 enchants on your weapons as opposed to 2 and you take people down fast.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2011 03:22 PM

Block is probably only important if you're playing on a really high level of difficulty.

That's probably what I'm gonna do for my next character. (two-handed orc)

Buck 12-02-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8161978)
Blocking must be overrated because I haven't done it once in my however many hours getting to level 33. But maybe that's because I kill everything too quick? IDK...

Seriously, though, if you're building a melee character, I would suggest you roll a dual-wield build. You get 4 enchants on your weapons as opposed to 2 and you take people down fast.

Quality over Quanity.

I already had my super easy run through with an over-powered mage.

I also used console commands to give myself more carry weight, more gold, and more lock picks when I needed them. I toggled off collision a lot too.

This time I running through the game straight forward, on expert, and I'm not using any cheats. I want it to be a challenge.

Buck 12-02-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8161991)
Block is probably only important if you're playing on a really high level of difficulty.

That's probably what I'm gonna do for my next character. (two-handed orc)

Yeah, I'm playing with a two-handed orc named Fluffy.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2011 03:25 PM

I'm wondering how a two-handed guy with no ranged attacks can even bring down a dragon.

Pants 12-02-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8162000)
I'm wondering how a two-handed guy with no ranged attacks can even bring down a dragon.

Uhhh, you wait till it lands.

Pants 12-02-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8161995)
Quality over Quanity.

I already had my super easy run through with an over-powered mage.

I also used console commands to give myself more carry weight, more gold, and more lock picks when I needed them. I toggled off collision a lot too.

This time I running through the game straight forward, on expert, and I'm not using any cheats. I want it to be a challenge.

Quality over quantity? You're going to want your weapon to trap souls, correct? That only leaves you with another enchant slot. Are you planning on switching to a different weapon every time you fight someone? That's going to be annoying as hell, but I guess it's doable.

And yeah, cheating is such a self-defeating thing to do, I have no idea why people ever do it, whether in SP or MP.

Buck 12-02-2011 03:29 PM

Have you only ever used arrows on dragons?

Poor kid.

Pants 12-02-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8162013)
Have you only ever used arrows on dragons?

Poor kid.

I thought he was using magic?

Buck 12-02-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8162009)
Quality over quantity? You're going to want your weapon to trap souls, correct? That only leaves you with another enchant slot. Are you planning on switching to a different weapon every time you fight someone? That's going to be annoying as hell, but I guess it's doable.

And yeah, cheating is such a self-defeating thing to do, I have no idea why people ever do it, whether in SP or MP.

I want to play it as a true RPG where my guy has a tough time getting around because he is some pissant orc.

I already said I'm going 2handed, so that means I can't dual wield anyway.